SoD weapons - Worst ever update (Read it to find out all the truth) - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

SoD weapons - Worst ever update (Read it to find out all the truth)

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#26 Rinpyon

Rinpyon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanyon city of Zant
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

true

true if lvl 200 weapon is at least haz a better AP compared to lvl 200 weapon. For those who can't afford 3B for +15Sf, let's say, it's better to use HC instead of the exalted weap.

#27 Rinpyon

Rinpyon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanyon city of Zant

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

haha yeah my bad, i didnt clarify what i am trying to say, yeah about the ap it has a difference, but those exalted weapons got bonus stats where you can use either in GA or pvm, unlike normal lvl 200 weapons you just got ap and no bonus stats. i am just stating that these items will help people who are just starting to play this game and are already max to farm easily and at the same time can do Game arena. as those exalted weapons dont have -pvp stats unlike the valor weapons. and don't get too focus on ap alone. these exalted one's give two extra bonus stats rather than those of hardened ones which only gives attack power and as we all know, every stat is as important as everyone else. so i guess the extra attack speed, accuracy, mspeed and crit bonus of these exalted weapons would be much valued rather than choosing a pure ap weapon like the hardened one's or no bonus stats weapon like the normal one's from npc in orlo. and as i have said before some of these weapons are much better than epic one's when that bit difference in attack power is set aside, like the wand and the crossbow, not everyone is as focus on ap alone though it would be nicer to really have a good ap. well again it's just my opinion.

hardened 200 weapon definitely haz a bonus % PVM offense

Edited by Rinpyon, 21 August 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#28 ejayloyola

ejayloyola

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:02 AM

hardened 200 weapon definitely haz a bonus % PVM offense

i said NORMAL LEVEL 200 WEAPONS which means the one's from NPC's in Orlo......

#29 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

haha yeah my bad, i didnt clarify what i am trying to say, yeah about the ap it has a difference, but those exalted weapons got bonus stats where you can use either in GA or pvm, unlike normal lvl 200 weapons you just got ap and no bonus stats. i am just stating that these items will help people who are just starting to play this game and are already max to farm easily and at the same time can do Game arena. as those exalted weapons dont have -pvp stats unlike the valor weapons. and don't get too focus on ap alone. these exalted one's give two extra bonus stats rather than those of hardened ones which only gives attack power and as we all know, every stat is as important as everyone else. so i guess the extra attack speed, accuracy, mspeed and crit bonus of these exalted weapons would be much valued rather than choosing a pure ap weapon like the hardened one's or no bonus stats weapon like the normal one's from npc in orlo. and as i have said before some of these weapons are much better than epic one's when that bit difference in attack power is set aside, like the wand and the crossbow, not everyone is as focus on ap alone though it would be nicer to really have a good ap. well again it's just my opinion.

Blue Weapons have PvM stats. BTW those 4% PvM does nothing.

#30 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

True! Some ppl dont get help when they start out and cant afford any Epic weapons (SF, SH, RB.. ETC....)

Are you serious? Your gonna buy exalted instead hardened level 200 weapon? Why pay more for worse item? (P.S level 210 and exalted tier weapon have lower ap than level 200 normal weapon, that makes no sense and developer who created this is total moron.)

#31 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

I decided to compare these new Sea of Dawn weapons to other level 200 weapons and see where they stack up.

The type of weapon used was the launcher. There were 3 weapons used in total: Exalted, Hardened and Epic. All three are refine 15 gemmed with a sapphire 7.

Spoiler

I did two comparisons of my character stats with each of these weapons. The first, my character is completely naked other than the weapon I am holding. The second, I am full buffed, using a buffset for attack power and accuracy, with pvm gear equipped (Reinforced armor, Luna jewelery).

Naked Stats
Spoiler

Buffed Stats:
Spoiler

Since the difference in accuracy between weapons is subtle (monsters have low dodge anyway), and all defenseive stats are the same, the difference in power can easily be figured out.

Attack power, attack speed and pvm offensive bonus are all direct damage, and all that needs to be done when comparing is to multiply them.

Attack Power x (1 + attack speed) x (1 + pvm offense)

Naked raw power:
Spoiler

Buffed raw power:

Spoiler

This is just an example one weapon type. In this case the Exalted weapon is always worse than the epic, but better in some aspects than the hardened version, although not all. As you see I don't have any valor weapon to compare to but in most cases they (Courage) are even superior to epics in pvm.

Exalted weapons do have less ranged than other 200 weapon for no reason though, and that is another unnecessary thing that makes them unappealing.

Exalted armor however.....
Spoiler

In my opinion we just have too many types of gear, weapons in particular, and we keep acquiring more overtime.

We have:

Yellows:
Dropped Blues:
Crafted Blues:
Uniques:
Epics:
Honor:
Valor:
Brave:
Exalted:

With the new dungeons implemented we have a new way of obtaining gear that we didn't in the past. This gear is kind of the reject and doesn't really fit in, so much that it was placed between tiers (level 210) and is worse than some gear in the tier below it.

TL;DR

Exalted Weapons aren't good, but they aren't as terrible as people are making them out to be. Exalted Armor however, is crap.

Edited by Phish, 22 August 2012 - 11:31 AM.

#32 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

In my opinion we just have too many types of gear, weapons in particular, and we keep acquiring more overtime.

We have:

Yellows:
Dropped Blues:
Crafted Blues:
Uniques:
Epics:
Honor:
Valor:
Brave:
Exalted:

With the new dungeons implemented we have a new way of obtaining gear that we didn't in the past. This gear is kind of the reject and doesn't really fit in, so much that it was placed between tiers (level 210) and is worse than some gear in the tier below it.

I agree.

In my view it's not that we have too much gear to choose from, diversity is good, but rather that everything is relatively easy to get and some pieces simply are considered "best". Especially given that some armours have set bonuses. So rather then making your own set of unique pieces to fit you the best. You simply equip Glorious (example) and ends up with far superior numbers then a combination of, say, 1 Dark, 1 Demon and 2 Glorious.

Throughout the game they have focused on making Sets. They took the set concept one step further by adding set bonuses.
I'm fine with sets tho, as long as they aren't the "best" option but still good.

There's no sport in trying to gain the best outfit for you. You don't go and obtain one item from a dungeon and another from CD and the rest from monsters/bosses. You simply do one thing over and over to achieve the "best" combo (CD again-again-again). It's set-based.

Instead of making all these many armour pieces that exist into a fun and enjoyable experimental business for Rose players they end up merely existing for the annoyance of the population. Well, and for the freshly started - for a month before they reach max level and obtain the "best" gear.

I wouldn't mind if there only existed a few sets with bonuses for having the complete set and the rest would be "unique" armour pieces. The sets wouldn't have to be the same level for the classes either. Level 81 and 163 sets for Raider. Level 10, 49 and 174 sets for Champion. And yes, they could still have level 200 sets for all classes but they would be deemed "less good" if you managed to get your hands on good enough "unique" pieces.

Alot of armours but so little diversity in the game. Flooding of high lvl sets easily obtained. Set bonuses, less diversity.

Yeppers, that's me ranting.

#33 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

Well, now lets compare Exalted weapons to something of their own tier. How about Valor weapons? Exalted Launcher and Valor Launcher. Valor Courage Launcher have more ap than blue and normal one, also it's bold stats is crit and aspd 15% which is much higher than Exalted Launcher. Exalted launcher have ap bold stat but also a low aspd stat, that means it will have a little bit more ap, but Valor Launcher basicly have more ap than the blue launcher you compared. I'd say the Valor Launcher is much better because it doesn't cost zulie and it's bold aspd stat is likely twice higher than one of Exalted Launcher, but Exalted Launcher might have a little bit more ap this time because of it's bold stat, but really exalted launcher bold stats are worse than Valor Launcher ones because Courage Launcher stats can be well used in a different bourg build like bourg with high crit for a chance of higher dmg, or aspd build for faster damage.

But actually what we have to compare is Courage Caliburn and Exalted Frost Guardian swords. Those have same bold stats but Exalted Frost Guard Sword bold stats are lower than Courage Caliburn, that makes me think like Exalted 2h is lower level than Courage Caliburn, but actually it's 10 levels higher and there is no point for level 200 player leveling 10 more levels for some exalted weapon when he can buy a Valor one. Caliburn have more ap than Exalted Frost Guardian Sword but Caliburn have 3% PvM offense and 1% PvM resistance and Exalted Frost Guardian have 4% PvM offense. I'm not sure if that 1% difference will change ap much, will change bold stats difference, will change level requirement.

#34 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

By the way, that Hardened Gigantic Wave is level 200 and Exalted Frost Launcher is level 210, and Exalted Launcher bold stat have less ap so it doesn't make sense how higher level and tier weapon bold stat is lower. And Hardened Gigantic Wave is much cheaper than Exalted Frost Launcher. None of other mmorpg's doesn't have such crap like higher level and tier weapons would be weaker than lower level and tier weapons.

#35 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

First thing, I understand why you're upset and I'm on your side; Exalted things doesn't really make sense the way they are.

None of other mmorpg's doesn't have such crap like higher level and tier weapons would be weaker than lower level and tier weapons.

They actually do when you think of it. Some lower level gear are so good (and god-damn rare) that they are better then a slightly higher tier common things. But then the system they use is often (always?) far superior to what Rose is building up. They actually have rare stuff to begin with - for most (all!?) level tiers ;O

#36 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:28 AM

First thing, I understand why you're upset and I'm on your side; Exalted things doesn't really make sense the way they are.

They actually do when you think of it. Some lower level gear are so good (and god-damn rare) that they are better then a slightly higher tier common things. But then the system they use is often (always?) far superior to what Rose is building up. They actually have rare stuff to begin with - for most (all!?) level tiers ;O

What do you mean by saying that exalted weapons make sense? And what you meant saying Some lower level gear are so good (and god-damn rare). If we are not talking about Epics, I know that lower level weapons aren't rare, they're cheap and common.

#37 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:55 AM

What do you mean by saying that exalted weapons make sense? And what you meant saying Some lower level gear are so good (and god-damn rare). If we are not talking about Epics, I know that lower level weapons aren't rare, they're cheap and common.

You might want to re-read my previous post. You'll see that it says "doesn't". And then I'll direct you to the quote I responded to where we discussed how things were in other mmorpg's and not Rose at all as you are refering to in this post.

Cheers mate :)

#38 bambam010

bambam010

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Locationbehind you
  • Server:leonis

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:55 AM

So i was wondering that since they dont have any pvp resistance /offence can they be used to pvp? because i was looking at thet epics and they dont show any pvp or pvm stats so i was thinking they were 0%.

#39 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

You might want to re-read my previous post. You'll see that it says "doesn't". And then I'll direct you to the quote I responded to where we discussed how things were in other mmorpg's and not Rose at all as you are refering to in this post.

Cheers mate :)

Ah, I didn't notice that.

Well the MMORPG you are talking is probably crap if it have such stuff like lower level stuff and lower tier which is stronger than higher tier and level weapons. You must be comparing ROSE online to crap mmorpg, well I appreciate that.

Edited by Vegas, 23 August 2012 - 06:41 AM.

#40 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

So i was wondering that since they dont have any pvp resistance /offence can they be used to pvp? because i was looking at thet epics and they dont show any pvp or pvm stats so i was thinking they were 0%.

There is no positive or negative pvp bonus for exalted items. You could use them in pvp, but you could also use yellow gear in pvp. The question is why would you?

Vegas, Courage gear is going to be far superior to exalted. Courage is even slightly better than epics for pvm in most cases.

#41 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

Okay, so I think we know now what is strong and what is weak, then why developers doesn't fix exalted weapons level? that level 210 really looks stupid, it's highest level weapons in game and weakest.

#42 AzulRain

AzulRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

Okay, so I think we know now what is strong and what is weak, then why developers doesn't fix exalted weapons level? that level 210 really looks stupid, it's highest level weapons in game and weakest.

Its cheaper compared to Epic weapons... no everyone can afford epics coming up with money like that takes time... so its a cheaper alternative.

#43 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

Ah, I didn't notice that.

Well the MMORPG you are talking is probably crap if it have such stuff like lower level stuff and lower tier which is stronger than higher tier and level weapons. You must be comparing ROSE online to crap mmorpg, well I appreciate that.

Gosh, you're a harsh judge. Let me describe more in depth.

Lower level tier Yellow - much worse then a slightly higher level tier Yellow item.
Lower level tier Blue -. not as bad compared to a higher level tier Yellow item
Lower level tier Green - just slightly worse then a higher level tier Yellow item.
Lower level tier Purple - actually a notch better then the higher level tier Yellow item.

Now, take into account that the higher level tier also have Blue, Green, Purple options in this scenario wich all would be better then the best (Purple) option of the lower tier.

This was merely an example to demonstrate what I mean. Sometimes the rarest item in one tier can beat things several tiers higher when compared to that levels normal item.

#44 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

Gosh, you're a harsh judge. Let me describe more in depth.

Lower level tier Yellow - much worse then a slightly higher level tier Yellow item.
Lower level tier Blue -. not as bad compared to a higher level tier Yellow item
Lower level tier Green - just slightly worse then a higher level tier Yellow item.
Lower level tier Purple - actually a notch better then the higher level tier Yellow item.

Now, take into account that the higher level tier also have Blue, Green, Purple options in this scenario wich all would be better then the best (Purple) option of the lower tier.

This was merely an example to demonstrate what I mean. Sometimes the rarest item in one tier can beat things several tiers higher when compared to that levels normal item.

OOOOH. So rare and hard to obtain exalted items are worse than yellow tier items? I get it. The point is to make no sense. That's right.

#45 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

Its cheaper compared to Epic weapons... no everyone can afford epics coming up with money like that takes time... so its a cheaper alternative.

Seriously? Are you really so dumb you even didn't read few more posts above. Blue crafted items, Valor Items, just blue Item, everything is better than exalted weapon because exalted stuff is a junk, it's weak and expensive compared to blue or valor items. And Exalted stuff requires level 210 when they're not even stronger than level 200 stuff, so exalted stuff makes no sense.

#46 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:49 AM

OOOOH. So rare and hard to obtain exalted items are worse than yellow tier items? I get it. The point is to make no sense. That's right.

I'm giving up trying to explain what I mean to you now. But you should know that I agree that Exalted items are a bit weak (especially the armour) to be lvl 210 items in Rose.

#47 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:13 AM

You're saying that other MMORPG's have same thing like ROSE have exalted items which doesn't make sense at all. So your comparing ROSE to some junk MMORPG. And what's with tiers? You explained only 4 tiers when there is more, do you want to say that exalted isn't tier. Exalted would be worst in tiers list because it would sound like this:

Higher level tier Exalted - much worse than a slightly lower level tier Yellow item.

Exalted stuff is hard to obtain, expensive, and after all that it makes no sense with its extremely high stat requirement and low stats.

#48 sephiroth099

sephiroth099

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Server:a good one

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:49 AM

on a side note. as a full support cleric, i like the exalted wand better than any other wand. since i only buff and heal. its even better than salvation, and much cheaper. and it looks awesome

#49 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:08 AM

210 Exalted weapons should have higher based AP and Acc than any yellow/blue/crafted/green level 200 weapons, that s a fact.
Anyone trying to explain why it s completly normal for a lvl 210 weapon to be weaker than a regular 200 one is completly dumb no matter who he is.

I don't think there s really anything to discuss about that... unfortunatly... i wish players would have their word to say, but it s not the case around here.

#50 AzulRain

AzulRain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • LocationLA

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:29 AM

Seriously? Are you really so dumb you even didn't read few more posts above. Blue crafted items, Valor Items, just blue Item, everything is better than exalted weapon because exalted stuff is a junk, it's weak and expensive compared to blue or valor items. And Exalted stuff requires level 210 when they're not even stronger than level 200 stuff, so exalted stuff makes no sense.

Maybe you need to check the town prices.. Exalted weapons arent cheaper than Valor and i see ppl in town selling 15+ with Gem Exalted weapons for less than harden 15+ Gem.. take a min and look around town before you make an azz of yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users