Game Freezes - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Game Freezes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DNAnimeLover

DNAnimeLover

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:yggdrasil

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

Hello hopefully someone can help me I have had to uninstall and re download the whole client twice now. When I try to log in right when I click ok after entering my user name and password it will freeze my computer. It started yesterday I played for the whole day and then at night it started doing it. I would re start my computer and try to login to play and it would either do the same thing or the patch client would down load everything all over again and then a replay button shows up. then when I click start it another window will come up and say Ragnarok.exe has changed press ok to restart. But when I do that then press start it will freeze right when I put in my info again. It did it again today I have played for maybe half the day and now I have uninstalled Ragnarok and am re downloading it. I have turned off my firewall turned it back on which seemed to work but then it froze. I would really like some help on this if anyone has any idea why it would be freezing right when I hit eneter or the ok button after putting in my info. Thanks

#2 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

Try the following:

• Update your computer's drivers, especially those for your GPU. (You can usually download the latest drivers for your computer from the web site of your computer's manufacturer.)
  • Reinstall the client to a location outside of the Program Files folder, such as your Documents folder.
  • Configure the client to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP.

I guarantee that disabling your firewall, re-downloading the client, or reinstalling the client to the same location won't mitigate or solve the problem.

It's possible that this is yet another problem caused by the numerous defects in the client that were introduced in a recent update. If this is the case, then you'll probably have to wait until those defects are fixed by the developers.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

At what step does it fail:

After client starts, but before entering username/password?
After entering username/password, before being prompted to choose server?
After choosing a server, before character select screen?
After choosing a character, before loading character?
Something else?

When you say it freezes - does the computer freeze entirely, or just the RO client? Any error messages?

#4 DNAnimeLover

DNAnimeLover

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:yggdrasil

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

It will some times freeze right after I enter my username and password and click ok before I pick my server other times right when I hit agree to the terms and conditions and no no error messages or anything it will just freeze and I will have to manually shut down the whole computer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users