Rune Knight - Auto Casting MVPer Cards - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Rune Knight - Auto Casting MVPer Cards

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Merc99

Merc99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

First thing I am confused about is Archer Skeleton Card and its effect. Does it effect Basic Atk and every skill Rune Knights or Swordsman classes have period? Seems to be from the calculators.

Also I am having problems selecting what cards to slot into my Elemental Sword I plan on using on my auto caster Rune Knight. Going Ignition Break for aoe.

Here are the cards I have to use.

3x Bloody Knight Card
Adds a 2% chance of using [Meteor Storm] Lv 1 on the target when doing a physical attack.

3x Mutant Dragonoid Card
Adds a 5% chance of using [Fire Ball] Lv 3, or the user's level if its higher, of the user's level on the target when doing a physical attack.
Atk: +15

3x Hatii Bebe Card
Adds a 5% chance of using [Frost Diver] Lv 3 on the target when doing a physical attack.

3x Injustice Card
Adds a 5% chance of using [Sonic Blow] Lv 1 on the target when doing a physical attack.

3x Archer Skeleton Card
Increases damage with ranged attacks by 10%.

I do not know if Injustice card can be triggered off reflect damage also I read it creates a issue with auto casting effects so it might not even be a viable option. Seems like Archer Skeleton / Mutant Dragonoid Cards would be the best bet AoE Spell / Highest dmg spell / added atk.

Is it better to mix them up or stack them in 3? I know that all of these cards stack in percentage chance to activate. However do they stack in effect like hunter fly card if you put 4 of them in a MG I know they heal more then 15% of weapon damage is it the same with spells? (Higher Skill Level / Multiple casts?)

Edited by Merc99, 23 August 2012 - 10:34 PM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

Archer Skeleton card only effects RANGED, PHYSICAL attacks (that is, attacks that are blocked by pneuma). Hence it does work with HS, and does not work with IB or BB.

Autocasting is not an effective path for a character - your leveling will be poor compared to someone whose character is built along more traditional lines.

If you still choose to persist in it, be aware that you can only have one autocast-on-attack effect for any given skill. THE PROC CHANCES DO NOT STACK!

If you have 3 mutant dragonoid cards, it's the same as 1 mutant dragonoid card. If you have another item that autocasts fireball on attacking on at the same time, whichever one you equipped most recently takes effect, the others are ignored.

What version of the Elemental Sword do we have now?

Do we have the original one (which you can trigger using cold-bolt scrolls) or the stop-gap fix (which behaved much like the CD in mouth, and probably conflicts with the CD in mouth as a result)?

Edited by DrAzzy, 23 August 2012 - 11:09 AM.

#3 Merc99

Merc99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

Just tested it the Cold Bolt Scroll does not seem to trigger Elemental Sword. I unequipped everything re-logged and tested it. If I put my Gazeti slotted Bison Born on the Elemental Sword does not seem to proc anymore so I switch it to Wind Ghost card. But I do get Elemental Sword procs with CD in Mouth.

As to your question are there two types of elemental swords out there? or are you just asking the current state of elemental sword?

Edited by Merc99, 23 August 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

Current state. Sounds like we still have the gimped version :-/ Probably better for you, but the ungimped version is more abusable fun.

And, yeah, CD and gimped sword should stack, wasn't thinking clearly earlier. So that all makes sense.

Edited by DrAzzy, 23 August 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#5 Merc99

Merc99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

I had to drop Vanilmirth Hat / Rabbit Magic Hat they were being negated by CD in Mouth. I picked up Moon Rabbit Hat which is good because I needed a helm to slot Dark Illusion Card into when I buy a Dark Lord Card.

Unless anyone knows of a better helm for a autocaster to use.

Archer Skeleton Card is annoying all the sources are conflicting since it has been changed more then twice. I guess all I need to know is does it effect auto atks and Ignition break. I know It seems counter intuitive for it to work on melee atks but the calculators seem to say it does but they don't even have HBP in them so I guess they are outdated.

Edited by Merc99, 23 August 2012 - 09:17 PM.

#6 Merc99

Merc99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

I guess I will have to Card my Elemental Sword differently now. I plan on MVPing mostly so single target dps is a little more important then all out AoE. The idea was to have reflect damage and let that kill spawned adds while I single out the MVP for CD procs. CD will only proc if you are attacking but the reflect damage will trigger the casting portion of the CD doing a lot of damage all around.

Card setup I think might be viable since I cant really boost magical damage with cards efficiently I will have to focus on physical atk.

1x Mutant Dragonoid Card
ATK + 15
Add a 5% chance of auto casting Level 3 Fireball on an enemy when attacking.

2x Minorous Card - 3x Does not seem to do squat for damage.
Increase damage inflicted on Large size monster by 15%.
ATK + 5

Planned set up.

Magic Rabbit Hat - Dark Illusion Card
3D Glasses
CD in Mouth
Elemental Sword
Rosa Shield - High Orc Card
Life Link - Loli Ruri
HBP - Raydric
Diabolus Boots - Dark Lord Card
2x Bakonawa Agimat Tattoo

If you have any suggestions on changes please share. I am considering a peuz's plate if I can find / enchant a decent one.

I plan on having a alternate setup with Violet Fear slotted with 2x Minorus card and dropping 2x Bakonawa Agimat Tattoo for ROFL / ROR.
If I get my friends Amon Ra card I will be using that in my Vilot Fear set-up so I would need suggestions on a another card for the helm.

Magic Rabbit Hat - ?
3D Glasses
CD in Mouth
Violet Fear
Life Link - Loli Ruri
HBP - Raydric
Diabolus Boots - Amon Ra Card
ROFL / ROR

Edited by Merc99, 23 August 2012 - 10:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users