PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Forums

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:34 PM

Guess we can all agree that since the Orlo I uptade these stats became a bit... undesirable except sense for crafters.

I haven't seen a single Tanzanite in shops for months!

Reason:

As far as I know whenever a critical strike occurs that strike will ignore 50% of the target's defense, which is nice and cool, but not only that the effect of defense was reduced, but battles became a lot more skill oriented and skill cannot be criticals.

An easy way to make critical useful again is to allow skills to be critical strikes. Maybe each point of critical could increase the amount of defense ignored by a small amount, so characters with high crit will do higher critical strike, while characters with low crit do low criticals.

Also, Sense seems to give a very low amount of Critical for each point for high levels, perhaps the amount of crit we get for each point of sen should be based on the character level, so while a level 1 player gets 1 crit per point of sen a level 215 player gets 3-4 for each point.

Also it would be neat if when we hovered our mouse over the stat it would display our chance to crit and the percentage of DEF ignored per crit (if my suggestion becomes true).

Anyway... the stat called Critical is rather useless today, so people don't bother making builds around this stat anymore, this makes many items that increase Critical to becamome useless, such as Tansanite.

Edited by PickUp, 01 October 2010 - 02:54 PM.

#2 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:49 PM

An easy way to make critical useful again is to allow skills to be critical strikes. Maybe each point of critical could increase the amount of defense ignored by a small amount, so characters with high crit will do higher critical strike, while characters with low crit do low criticals.

Also, Sense seems to give a very low amount of Critical for each point for high levels, perhaps the amount of crit we get for each point of sen should be based on the character level, so while a level 1 player gets 1 crit per point of sen a level 215 player gets 3-4 for each point.

Also it would be neat if when we hovered our mouse over the stat it would display our chance to crit and the percentage of DEF ignored per crit (if my suggestion becomes true).

I like this. Although if skills were to be able to crit I don't think they should change anything else as far as crit goes as to not make it overpowered. If only melee is able to crit than I think increasing the amount of crit per sen or increasing the crit power for higher amounts of crit would be interesting.

Edited by Phish, 01 October 2010 - 09:56 PM.

#3 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:23 AM

Nobody else seems to care. -_-

#4 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:31 AM

I care so i agree with what adam said, i think Sen should be able to increase crit rate and also the amount of damage per crit.

#5 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 16 October 2010 - 02:37 AM

I like this. Although if skills were to be able to crit I don't think they should change anything else as far as crit goes as to not make it overpowered. If only melee is able to crit than I think increasing the amount of crit per sen or increasing the crit power for higher amounts of crit would be interesting.

Yeah having both critical skills and increased crits would be too much, but who knows... Maybe skills could benefit less from crit, like only ignoring 25% of defense.

#6 Callmedude

Callmedude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:42 PM

Agreed..I was wondering why Critical is so nerfed that i can't actually do a nice critical hit

#7 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:05 PM

i agree...if skills were to crit it would not change much

maybe sen should increase proc% and also def ignored....maybe range from 25-75%

#8 matana

matana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:23 PM

I thought the amount of damage with critical was...lets say

Base value damage = X
Sen = S
Damage value of critical = C
ratio = n (something like 1% ?)

so, maybe something like C = X + S*n

and like this, the more the Sen, then the more the damage of Critical, and also the more succes rate of critical. Indeed it could be nice to get this effect with skills, seem logical..

Edited by matana, 17 February 2011 - 01:23 PM.

#9 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:32 PM

Currently base damage is calculated before defense reduction. So your base damage is usually alot higher than the actual damage you deal, especially in pvp with the reduced damage and other players high defensive stats.

With sen adding crit damage in that way it would only increase the power of crits roughly by the same rate ap would (ie 200 sen would be about 200 ap more). Crits would do less damage than they do now and would be hardly noticeable.

#10 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:33 PM

Yeah but theres no space for tan7's now, they need to extend inventory space for that.

#11 Callmedude

Callmedude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:39 AM

Yeah but theres no space for tan7's now, they need to extend inventory space for that.

There is space for that..If you talking about armor set critical build..you could wear them as your costume ..when ur buffing switch with your any set..and then wear it back as costume after you buffed it

The only issue here is critical is too sucks now

#12 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:10 PM

There is space for that..If you talking about armor set critical build..you could wear them as your costume ..when ur buffing switch with your any set..and then wear it back as costume after you buffed it

The only issue here is critical is too sucks now

When you use costume tab for extra buffs, you get stuck switching gears most of the time.

#13 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:32 AM

Pickup.

iRose content for SEN was this

SEN = Crafting stat success and amount of stat
Crit chance and damage
it also increased the amount of damage inflicted when using a skill.
not exact numbers but

1000 skill damage hits for 1350 damage
players SEN/Crit stat = 10SEN/35Crit

1000 skill damage hits for 1567
players SEN/Crit stat = 50SEN/135Crit
[the 1000damage would also display 11xx in its description.]

atleast thats how it used to be.

I remember this clearly because I made a champ on iRose and i remember i didn't like adding DEX for more damage so i added SEN to cause more skill damage. Back then Axe champ had the hardest hitting skills, so adding SEN and increasing it further and my crit rate seemed like a better idea then .35ap per point and some dodge n mspd.

Edited by Feuer, 11 July 2011 - 01:34 AM.

#14 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:57 AM

Pickup.

iRose content for SEN was this
[*snip*]

Bringing that back would also be nice.

Anyway, it's nice to see one of my old suggestions pop back to the first page. It clearly shows how the devs completely ignore us.

#15 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:03 AM

Yes well i loved SEN builds, that satisfaction of BOOM CRIT BOOM CRIT was just soo much fun. Ill still support this

#16 calaaniwygen

calaaniwygen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:23 AM

Wasn't the crit nerfed back due to the insanely overpowered Cleric class just dominating the fields with Aspd/Crit gear. I remember this and it was scary back then. You just saw crit Cleric all over the place!

#17 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:45 AM

Wasn't the crit nerfed back due to the insanely overpowered Cleric class just dominating the fields with Aspd/Crit gear. I remember this and it was scary back then. You just saw crit Cleric all over the place!

When they changed crit they also changed attack power, defense, attack speed and accuracy. However, crit and sense were apparently overnerfed.

#18 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:36 AM

they were. anything ranged on aspd / crit you could turn into a crit-locker. Because when your char got critically hit by an enemy, it had to display a knock back effect, this made it so if you attacked fast enough and crit every time, they player couldnt move. All they have to do it take out the critical hit animation or just lessen the the animation time, like a simple slow down instead of stop.

#19 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:39 AM

This display was only client sided and server sided you were actually moving at full speed.

#20 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

not all the time. today when you get crit, your char displays it on your side, aswell as on their side. there's only the latency difference inbetween those that would eventually get close enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users