Question about dragoon's and locking. - Warrior Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Question about dragoon's and locking.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

I need some clarification, in using dragoon.
Some person I was dueling said I locked just cause I performed, the following combo:
Sword Dance-> Weapon Crasher->Weapon Suspension-> Armor Break-> Joint Break->Spin it Bear-> Shield Chain-> Mega Storm Blade-> Storm Blade.
Then he said nice lock, confused since I used Camei's Guide to see the locks and didn't find anything similar to what I did.
I heard locking was using the same skills in specific intervals to prevent them from recoverying from it.
Is a ground combo that transitions to an air combo is considered a lock now.
I can see it impossible to escape during the combo[unless they have block rate/evade] it, so I take the liberty of letting them escape after the combo while I rebuff. Which I did.

If I answered my own question, can I get some clarification?
Or is there no way for a dragoon not to lock?
Oh and what's face rolling keyboard?

#2 PamaypaY

PamaypaY

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

I need some clarification, in using dragoon.
Some person I was dueling said I locked just cause I performed, the following combo:
Sword Dance-> Weapon Crasher->Weapon Suspension-> Armor Break-> Joint Break->Spin it Bear-> Shield Chain-> Mega Storm Blade-> Storm Blade.
Then he said nice lock, confused since I used Camei's Guide to see the locks and didn't find anything similar to what I did.
I heard locking was using the same skills in specific intervals to prevent them from recoverying from it.
Is a ground combo that transitions to an air combo is considered a lock now.
I can see it impossible to escape during the combo[unless they have block rate/evade] it, so I take the liberty of letting them escape after the combo while I rebuff. Which I did.

If I answered my own question, can I get some clarification?
Or is there no way for a dragoon not to lock?
Oh and what's face rolling keyboard?

it's not a lock unless you repeat any skills. also, i find that combo you mentioned fairly escapable just because those debuff skills do not stun. weapon crasher and armor break and both knock down at lvl3 but the way it does has a bounce which mean they can roll out. weapon suspension has a weird effect that if it hits with its debuff, the opponent can't be launched. so if you succeed with that combo, then it's not a lock.

some people that fights dragoon/paladin often say that a combo is a lock just because broom jab, cross cut, sword dance, shield strike all prevents them from moving. so maybe you fought one of these people that think that.

face rolling keyboard is just a way to say that either the class is easy to use or that the player is not skilled and hitting random keys.

#3 tainguyen

tainguyen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

Just pvp like that. I only rage when all a pally knows how to do is only catch with sword dance or bear. Needs to spice things up and catch with crosscut or broom jab

Edit: pvp in dragon saga is imbalanced anyways. Just pvp against higher lvl veterans

Edited by tainguyen, 19 September 2012 - 08:21 AM.

#4 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Oh thanks less catching with sword dance and bear. So people won't look down on how I play, do these rules apply to other classes like ninja, since they catch with rocket punch, swift attack, and sky penetration or all ninja catching skills not looked down upon?

#5 EatAPotato

EatAPotato

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Location..Stalker!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

Oh thanks less catching with sword dance and bear. So people won't look down on how I play, do these rules apply to other classes like ninja, since they catch with rocket punch, swift attack, and sky penetration or all ninja catching skills not looked down upon?

Ninja/Knight>Every other class.
Landing a RP on a "good" player is very difficult, so that's a no on catching with that.
Swift Attack is a good catching skill since; a. it's a homing skill. b. it knocks down. (kinda like sword dance ;D)

#6 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

So if they use sky penetration or swift attack can I retaliate with bears and sword dance?

#7 EatAPotato

EatAPotato

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Location..Stalker!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

So if they use sky penetration or swift attack can I retaliate with bears and sword dance?

Technically, SA is different than SD.
You can roll out of SA, so it's alot more easy to avoid a stun and/or daggers.
Now, with SD, your opponent can't do anything to run away, he's just waiting for the eventual CC or Spear Jab.

Catching with bear is a.. something that's looked down on since bear can be cast right before (0.1 sec) before you get hit with something AND it's way to easy to catch with it.

When I PvP with my pally, I usually go for;
Catching with CC -> Usual combo (no locking, they can roll away)
or
Spam stun hammer (when I'm bored and not in a real PvP)

#8 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

But I think SA has its ups in being a homing attack meaning it can be use without being inlined with the opponent.
In addition dagger also does the same effect as SA,but in 7 different vectors
Can I retaliate using bear/ Sword Dance?
It can also get annoying when I'm missing 50% of the time 20% from evade rate and 20ish from block rate.
Not having my shield mastery and parry maxed I can't compete with hit ratio's

Edited by Apocryphos, 19 September 2012 - 12:02 PM.

#9 EatAPotato

EatAPotato

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Location..Stalker!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

But I think SA has its ups in being a homing attack meaning it can be use without being inlined with the opponent.
In addition dagger also does the same effect as SA,but in 7 different vectors
Can I retaliate using bear/ Sword Dance?
It can also get annoying when I'm missing 50% of the time 20% from evade rate and 20ish from block rate.
Not having my shield mastery and parry maxed I can't compete with hit ratio's

Again, you can roll away from both dagger throw and SA, but you can't roll away from SD. I would say Bear is allowed if they keep spamming SA to catch but would say no to SD; most people get pissed off because of that skill

#10 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

But while rolling away they could launch daggers the way ur rolling or ambush, and even RP,
They make up for the rolling by having higher movement speed.
Seems like sword dance is really looked down upon.

#11 AkatsukiKawa

AkatsukiKawa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

Imo sword dance is the most OP skill in PvP. Very short cooldown, animation cancelling, flinch for long time after you get hit, and hit scan base (or because of lag, idk). Maybe it is just me but it is more difficult to avoid SD than most of other skill. In addition, it is also not allowed in the tournament. Why do you think it is not allowed?

Personally if what pally do is only, catching with SD, comboing, releasing the opponent, and catching with SD again, repeating the same thing over and over, rather than PvP i would say it is "playing with prey". Maybe you should try PvP with pally who spams SD, using other class. Then you will understand.

Basically, just pvp using various skill. Not just rely on 1 skill (just like Tai said). It is fine using SD but don't rely on it.

About bear, i dont mind my opponent spamming bear. For me it is not that hard to avoid that.

#12 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

Imo sword dance is the most OP skill in PvP. Very short cooldown, animation cancelling, flinch for long time after you get hit, and hit scan base (or because of lag, idk). Maybe it is just me but it is more difficult to avoid SD than most of other skill. In addition, it is also not allowed in the tournament. Why do you think it is not allowed?

Personally if what pally do is only, catching with SD, comboing, releasing the opponent, and catching with SD again, repeating the same thing over and over, rather than PvP i would say it is "playing with prey". Maybe you should try PvP with pally who spams SD, using other class. Then you will understand.

Basically, just pvp using various skill. Not just rely on 1 skill (just like Tai said). It is fine using SD but don't rely on it.

About bear, i dont mind my opponent spamming bear. For me it is not that hard to avoid that.

Yes and you don't mention cross-cut's ridiculous vertical range when attempting to escape a launch?

#13 AkatsukiKawa

AkatsukiKawa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:32 AM

Yes and you don't mention cross-cut's ridiculous vertical range when attempting to escape a launch?

Cross-cut is not difficult to avoid. It is nothing comparing to SD

#14 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:19 AM

Cross-cut is not difficult to avoid. It is nothing comparing to SD

I am refering to it's vertical range to catch targets attempting to air-recover. By itself it's indeed not difficult to avoid.

Also am I the only one who finds spear jab's super-armor OP?

#15 EatAPotato

EatAPotato

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Location..Stalker!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

Also am I the only one who finds spear jab's super-armor OP?

Yes. Spear Jab is so easy to avoid (when you aren't stunned ofc zzz) and most pallies just skill-cancel it if they miss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users