Setup.exe Won't Run | Cannot fullscreen - Page 2 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Setup.exe Won't Run | Cannot fullscreen

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#26 Havokx

Havokx

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:14 AM

I have come across the same problem as OP, while using the same OS, Win XP Sp3.

Solution for this matter is actually quite simple:

Right click on setup.exe, properties, compatibility tab, and set it at windows 98/ME. Hit ok and it should run without the error.

Hopefully it'll work for you too!

Edited by Havokx, 02 October 2012 - 06:32 AM.

#27 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

)= I hope you get this working soon. I'd really like to start playing with yew D=

#28 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

I just wish that they'd hurry up and fix the setup.exe thing because it crashes when i try to run it as admin or normal on windows XP. I've been trying 3 days now and can't get the damn game to start because the Setup.exe wont work and/or loops continuously as an error and gets annoying

#29 HurtfulPoet

HurtfulPoet

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 17 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Well, after buying a new PC and downloading the most recent client, the entire game won't work.

#30 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

are there no other suggestions? surely there must be SOMETHING...

#31 HurtfulPoet

HurtfulPoet

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

We got it Princess! Nicely done.
Managed to get RO working and I'm back in action in Valkyrie after almost a year of having gone dark. Downloaded the client on IE instead of Chrome, and for some reason, with the guidance on further installation steps by the lovely Ms. Cein (as seen above) I was able to install and log-in with no problems.

But now Classic is still acting up and cannot run it. Every time I start the client, it patches just dandy. Once I hit start though, it clunks out and leaves an error message, although I can still hear the theme music playing in the background. Checked to see if it was possibly in a hidden window, but no dice.

Any suggestions?

#32 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

We got it Princess! Nicely done.
Managed to get RO working and I'm back in action in Valkyrie after almost a year of having gone dark. Downloaded the client on IE instead of Chrome, and for some reason, with the guidance on further installation steps by the lovely Ms. Cein (as seen above) I was able to install and log-in with no problems.

But now Classic is still acting up and cannot run it. Every time I start the client, it patches just dandy. Once I hit start though, it clunks out and leaves an error message, although I can still hear the theme music playing in the background. Checked to see if it was possibly in a hidden window, but no dice.

Any suggestions?

Be glad you could GET it running, i've been trying for 4 days total now and i'm pissed off, GM's wont respond, neither will admin's or anyone. And they're errors that PREVENT me from running Setup.exe no matter what I do, run as admin or not, it gives me a stupid loop of errors if i run the client, or gives me one if i try to run setup itself

#33 HurtfulPoet

HurtfulPoet

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

Aight man, I know how you feel. Trust me.
Uninstall the client, delete all files from your Program Files (x86) and start over.
Use the most recent Internet Explorer to download the game, k?

Don't do a bunch of stuff while it downloads, give it solid clean connection. Could be a file is being sorrupted during the download or something.
After you have installed the game, click finish and RO will run and patch. Once patching is complete, exit, dont start the game up yet.

Do into your Gravity folder under program files(x86) and find the Ragnarok.exe. Run as admin. Patch. Close.
Go to ClassicRO, Run as admin. Patch. Close.

Now run RO as you normally would, you can use the shortcut the install wizard placed on your desktop and that SHOULD fix your problem bud.

#34 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

Aight man, I know how you feel. Trust me.
Uninstall the client, delete all files from your Program Files (x86) and start over.
Use the most recent Internet Explorer to download the game, k?

Don't do a bunch of stuff while it downloads, give it solid clean connection. Could be a file is being sorrupted during the download or something.
After you have installed the game, click finish and RO will run and patch. Once patching is complete, exit, dont start the game up yet.

Do into your Gravity folder under program files(x86) and find the Ragnarok.exe. Run as admin. Patch. Close.
Go to ClassicRO, Run as admin. Patch. Close.

Now run RO as you normally would, you can use the shortcut the install wizard placed on your desktop and that SHOULD fix your problem bud.

Trust me, nothing works for mine, and IE is the crappiest Browser in existance. Deleting the files has done nothing after uninstalling, I've been trying for 4 days now and GM's/Admins never give details on how to fix something specific, always asking for more details when there IS nothing more I can tell them because i've told them everything...i'm rather pissed off now and if they do not reply soon they WILL loose another Paying player.

#35 HurtfulPoet

HurtfulPoet

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

Try it or don't mate.
I went almost a year without RO because I took a break and uninstalled it, then when I came back I couldn't run the game. One year. You've had 4 days. So try it my way, or don't.
But I now have RO, and you still do not.

Try something new.

#36 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Try it or don't mate.
I went almost a year without RO because I took a break and uninstalled it, then when I came back I couldn't run the game. One year. You've had 4 days. So try it my way, or don't.
But I now have RO, and you still do not.

Try something new.

I've been gone for Quite some time now, but for last 4 days it hasn't let me download/install it properly, I didn't say that i'm new and trying to do it for first time.

#37 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

my friends are encountering this problem too..:(
I downloaded the setup & installed on my PC( 2 days back due to formatting - Windows Vista ) & it patched & works full screen perfectly !!

I gave the setup to two of my friends( both run windows XP ) & they can't seem to play full screen. They tried changing resolution, but it didn't work..
I downloaded setup using firefox, but that shouldn't be of any use since RO works perfectly on my pC
Is there any solution to this ?? :)

Thanks.

#38 arasin

arasin

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

im having the same problem its bringing up a cannot init d3d OR grf file has problem. and when i got to setup and change off full screen it works but i cant make it bigger then a small box and it wont let me change the second option drop box... im on a windows 8 OS whould that hav somthing to do wit it?

#39 arasin

arasin

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

and by second drop box i mean the screen size it wont let me change it and if i click the full screen box it wont run the game

#40 Karistone

Karistone

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

I have come across the same problem as OP, while using the same OS, Win XP Sp3.

Solution for this matter is actually quite simple:

Right click on setup.exe, properties, compatibility tab, and set it at windows 98/ME. Hit ok and it should run without the error.

Hopefully it'll work for you too!

just in case this was the solution for me and also i just made the setup of both RO match and i was good to go ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users