Windows 8 not working with RO (Gravity Errors and not detecting Graphicscard) - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Windows 8 not working with RO (Gravity Errors and not detecting Graphicscard)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BlauBeere91

BlauBeere91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:06 AM

Hello, I installed Windows 8 x64 on my new Computer (got a license from my University for MSDN) but can't seem to get RO working with it. I get following gravity error if I'm starting ClassicRO:
Posted Image

If I look into the old Setup, I see following Problems:
Posted Image
I just have one GTX 670 btw, not 4.

And I can't see any Resolution to choose:
Posted Image

Same problems are with the new setup.

I installed the latest WHQL (stable) Drivers from nvidia and the latest directx drivers, which are working fine with every game except for RO. With Windows 7 and the same Drivers, RO is working. Could someone help me please? I Need to stick with Windows 8.

Edit: Also tried compatibility mode, RO started with it. But I just was able to go to the login screen, because no graphics driver were detected. I don't know why, it's working with every game except RO! T_T

Edited by BlauBeere91, 23 September 2012 - 04:10 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:19 AM

The thing about 4 copies of your graphics card appearing is normal. Usually, they'll all work equally well. I assume you checked all of them, and none of them have any resolution options?

Windows 8 isn't even out yet, so very few people have had the chance to try RO with it - I know of only one other person who has, and he said it worked with only minor issues.

Are you running RO and setup as admin (if UAC isn't disabled - I assume Win8 UAC works similarly to Win7?)

Edited by DrAzzy, 23 September 2012 - 09:19 AM.

#3 BlauBeere91

BlauBeere91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

Thanks for your answer, DrAzzy.

I'm using Windows 8 RTM (the final version of Windows 8 from MSDN).

Yes, I tried all graphic cards, but none shows a resolution to me, sadly.

UAC is disabled and works like in Win 7, I also right clicked the ClassicRO.exe and started it with administrator. Still not working

Like I said, with the compatibility mode, I have seen resolutions and was able to get to the login screen, but after it RO just hanged up at the loading screen. Also my mouse cursor was very slow, the graphic cards didn't seem to be recognized.

Edit: The sakray.exe is working for me. I can't set the resolution, but this one definitely recognizes my graphics card.

Oh damn, what's wrong there? :(

Edited by BlauBeere91, 23 September 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#4 brokenglish

brokenglish

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

those of you who never got it to work, please try this one, it WILL or might even help

http://brokenglish.c...e-on-windows-8/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users