Failed to get issue - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Failed to get issue

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Healingslave

Healingslave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Locationa land down under
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

hello im having the same issues as a few other users i have read that they resolved there issues but i do not know how this is what is happening and what i notice.

open iro
patch allow text 5/5
attempt to connect to file server please wait
failed to get 2012-8-16data_gm2_r.gpf file.

now this is what i have done so far

re install iro
turn off firewall
on the forums a link was provided ftp://ropatch1.gravityus.com/ and told to open in IE i tried and i got a internet explorer cannot display this webpage now this was not what it was originally showing it did tell me before that i did not have permission to view the web page.
i then tried it on fire fox and that just tells me there is a problem loading page.
now when i installed ro i did make sure to delete the folders that were there when i un installed it and i even renamed the install folder.

any help would be great as i originally suspected my isp and have spent the last 4 hrs with them they have informed me my connection is fine and it is.

i should alsom mention that i was playing iro perfectly about 4-5 hrs ago and then i went out came back and this happend.

oh and also when i open iro i do notice that the news is old unless its still telling us about hammer leaving tonight and telling us about pirate day and about ymir having bonuses i dont know if this extra info helps but in another post you did ask this question.

**since posting i have tried or done**
i found a link to warp portal support regarding failed to get and running as admin there were 2 steps to do i tried both and they did not work
ok so i have now downloaded the client off f the website 3 times and i am getting the cabinet file media2 is missing or corrupt

Edited by Healingslave, 04 October 2012 - 03:33 AM.

#2 Healingslave

Healingslave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:46 AM

bump because im out of ideas and i really dont want to waste my time downloading a corupt file for the fourth time

#3 Healingslave

Healingslave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

this issue is getting the better of me would it be possible to get a direct copy from somewhere and copy the whole iro folder to a usb and play off it ? i know world of warcraft can so is ragnarok able to ?

#4 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

Try deleting patch_allow, patch2 and patch.txt and try patching again. If you have antivirus programs running please try disabling them during the patching process. Also recommended is installing the game outside of the programs folder as well. Please make sure that you aren't using a download accelerator or shaky wi-fi connection to download the game.

#5 Healingslave

Healingslave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

thanks for the reply i deleted the txt files you asked me to delete then i tried again the problem file has now changed where as it used to be the same now its showing(noticed the text files did re apear in the folder)

Failed to get 2011-4-4data_gm.gpf file

anti virus programs were totally taken off pc for now and windows firewall is disabled im not using a accelerator and internet is stable i should probly also mention ropatch1 and ropatch2 gravityus site results have changed im now getting from firefox

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

and now IE is showing

Server Error

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Edited by Healingslave, 04 October 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#6 Healingslave

Healingslave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

so i searched further on the forums and instead of waiting for a reply i tried it there is another post for the 2011-4-4 error and i tried

Here are a few patch.inf files that can be used to fix this problem.

You MUST use a file for a date BEFORE the last time you successfully patched, otherwise you'll be missing patches.

August 16 (first patches applied by freshly dl'ed client): http://drazzy.com/patch/2012-8-16.zip
September 18: http://drazzy.com/patch/2012-9-18.zip

These files are provided without warranty.
Before deciding to use them, you should be willing to re-install if it somehow breaks things.

It needs to be from someone who has not applied any patches you haven't.

Say you and your friend start up RO. You find that your client is patching from the start, but his client successfully applies a patch. You cannot use his patch.inf now, because he just successfully applied a patch.

now its showing failed to get 2012-8-16data_gm_r.rgz file.
i will try to re install ro and see what the problem becomes

#7 Healingslave

Healingslave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

removed ro from cumputer and re installed it has gone back to reporting that the 2011-4-4 file failed to get

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

Your problem appears to be that your computer cannot access the patch server

Can you please confirm whether this link works in IE, and in a non-IE browser?

The link you need to check is ftp://ropatch1.gravityus.com (not http://ropatch1.gravityus.com - which is where your browser will try to go if you just type ropatch1.gravityus.com - the ftp:// is very important)

Please check this in IE and Firefox, and post the results.
A sucessful result will look like this:

Posted Image

If you get something else, please post it (as well as the browser and browser version you're using)

Please report the findings here, and we'll go from there.

so i searched further on the forums and instead of waiting for a reply i tried it there is another post for the 2011-4-4 error and i tried

now its showing failed to get 2012-8-16data_gm_r.rgz file.
i will try to re install ro and see what the problem becomes

THIS WAS FOR A DIFFERENT PROBLEM (where patching works, but it decides to start from 2011-4-4 - though Oda's fix would have set you back to 2011-4-4, and this would put you back where you were before - or rather slightly before).

Oda: When the patcher gets a "failed to get" error on the first file (8-16 for new client download, 2011-4-4 for old client download), most of the time it's an FTP connectivity problem, which is effecting either the whole system, or at least everything on the system that relies on IE (seems about 50:50 for each).

Edited by DrAzzy, 04 October 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#9 Healingslave

Healingslave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

ok i tested it now and got different results on IE 9.0.8112.16421
Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try

then i tested it on firefox 15.0.1.4631
The connection has timed out

The server at ropatch1.gravityus.com is taking too long to respond.
The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

#10 Healingslave

Healingslave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

ill answer the questions here and say net work is fine and i dont have a firewall im not a 100% sure on proxy or even claim to know what it is even using google im left with more questions as theres lots of different types of proxys im guessing web proxy but even then my firewall is off and i know its off because my computer is telling me im risking life and limb by having it turned off

Edited by Healingslave, 04 October 2012 - 02:53 PM.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

There are two ways we can approach this. Ideally, do both.

Approach 1:

Open a command window, using whichever one of these applies to your system (some versions of windows have no "run" option, others have no search box in the start menu)

Start -> Run, type 'cmd' (no quotes), and hit ok
- or -
Start, enter 'cmd' in search box, and press enter

A command prompt will open, type:

tracert ropatch2.gravityus.com

Report back whether it:

Finishes successfully (ends in "trace successful")
or
Starts off listing servers, then presents a bunch of lines of *'s and "request timed out" and doesn't go any farther (this indicates a routing problem)
or
Doesn't even start (post the error received - pray that it's "unable to resolve hostname")

(Also, if the trace succeeds, try patching again - one person reported that it wasn't working for them, but then, after doing diagnostics for a while, suddenly it started working. This is madness, but it's an easy test, so you might as well).

Approach 2:

If your computer is a laptop, it could be informative to move it to a different site which uses a different ISP. Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, Starbucks, and most cafes offer free wifi nowadays (usually to make it work, you connect to it, then go to any webpage in a browser, and agree to the terms and conditions, and after that, you have proper internet access), or you could connect through a smartphone via tethering.

Try running the patch client from these locations, and failing that, perform the same FTP link tests.

If it works there, we have conclusively demonstrated that the problem is with your ISP.

#12 Healingslave

Healingslave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

ok so i tested the cmd and it ran somthing spouted off numbers then it said "trace complete" then tested still getting the failed to get 2011-4-4 message.
also tested the tether idea i used it on i iphone 4 still getting the failed to get 2011-4-4

#13 Healingslave

Healingslave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

Issue has been resolved thanks for the help to resolve the issue i just went to a friends place and copied his folder over works fine now thanks for trying to assist anyways.

#14 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

This is bizzare - I suspect the problem will come back as soon as there's another patch.

It's clearly a computer-specific issue.

Does this work? ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/

If not _something_ is blocking all FTP connections from your computer. Who knows what.

#15 Healingslave

Healingslave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

no it doesent work so atm im on my phone to isp to figure this out as i have no idea what to do as i have downloaded all my updates and everything worked till yesterday iro just had some sort of update then and i got disconected my mate sent me the files again and it works now but yeh it seems any update will screw me

#16 Dobbbss

Dobbbss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

I'll have to post here to ask for some advice as well please.

I've done all the actions above in the Original Post; Reinstalls, firewalls, installing in other folders.

The game was working till the fourth (I guess, as the latest patch is October 4, 2012).

----------

Tracert:

C:\Users\Dobs>tracert ropatch2.gravityus.com

Tracing route to patch.1.online.ragnarok.warpportal.net [128.241.93.38]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * * * Request timed out.
2 14 ms 15 ms 15 ms tl9fl.vs.shawcable.net [64.59.147.157]
3 21 ms 22 ms 11 ms rc2wh-tge0-2-2-0.vc.shawcable.net [66.163.69.125
]
4 17 ms 15 ms 16 ms rc4wt-pos14-0-0.wa.shawcable.net [66.163.76.130]

5 15 ms 15 ms 12 ms xe-0-6-0-4.r04.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [198.1
04.202.161]
6 14 ms 12 ms 14 ms ae-6.r21.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.4
4]
7 13 ms 14 ms 14 ms ae-0.r20.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.5
3]
8 51 ms 37 ms 56 ms ae-5.r21.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.3
9]
9 33 ms 34 ms 40 ms ae-0.r20.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.9
6]
10 42 ms 62 ms 42 ms ae-4.r21.lsanca03.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.6.1
0]
11 48 ms 48 ms 47 ms ae-2.r05.lsanca03.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.8
6]
12 43 ms 50 ms 41 ms xe-0-0-0-15.r05.lsanca03.us.ce.gin.ntt.net [198.
172.90.170]
13 47 ms 45 ms 46 ms portal.demarcation.gravityus.com [204.2.170.50]

14 43 ms 42 ms 44 ms patch.1.online.ragnarok.warpportal.net [128.241.
93.38]

Trace complete.

----------

I cannot access the Gravity FTP site on IE, Firefox, and chrome.

And I can access the microsoft ftp site.

Any advice would be great. It looks like im going to miss out on woe because of this

#17 Healingslave

Healingslave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

hopefully someone helps you out i have taken the easy way out and got a copy from a friend but havent found a fix for the original problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users