failed to connect to patch server - Page 2 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

failed to connect to patch server

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
120 replies to this topic

#26 roselle27

roselle27

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

Did you do a tracert?

not yet. i'm gonna try and do it later.

#27 Auraxinji

Auraxinji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

I thought I was the only one who's having this problem...

#28 roselle27

roselle27

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

Also experiencing this =/
I use ESET security and comcast.. anyone else? We have to have something in common I should guess... ;-;

i have comcast too. maybe it does have something to do with comcast. I will be doing a tracert and send them one and see maybe they can figure this out.

#29 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

Please send in tracert reports.

#30 AvaLord

AvaLord

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

I've been having the same problem, and i also have comcast. It went from happening every once in a while to completely locking me out of the game. What to doooooooooooooooooo? Lol

#31 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

i have comcast too. maybe it does have something to do with comcast. I will be doing a tracert and send them one and see maybe they can figure this out.

This was my analysis after I made sure I didn't have viruses/malwares last week.

I figured it was my ISP (comcast); and since WP's policy about comcast is "If you use Comcast you WILL lag! Spend more money on WTFast/Lowerping!"; I don't expect them to fix it.

I tried tracert to the forums last week too. Gave me nothing unless I had already connected to the forums by refreshing the page tons of times. Had the problem just now before I wrote this post.

Edited by xFireize, 09 October 2012 - 06:14 PM.

#32 roselle27

roselle27

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

I've been having the same problem, and i also have comcast. It went from happening every once in a while to completely locking me out of the game. What to doooooooooooooooooo? Lol

Yup, same thing happened to me. It was only for a couple of times then it became permanent. lol -_-

#33 AvaLord

AvaLord

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

I called Comcast and they assure me that they are not doing anything to block RO. (not that i believe that)... But it kind of boggles my mind that Gravity can't play nice with two of the biggest kids on the playground. FML, can't run this game with newer versions of Windows or if your ISP is Comcast?

Dafuq is this -_-?

#34 roselle27

roselle27

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

Hmm. i wonder what's happening. 4 weeks ago i could still play just fine. Then this just started and i could never play without getting that error.

#35 AvaLord

AvaLord

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Same here. I talked to a few friends who thought it might be a proxy issue, but if it is, none of us have been able to find it. I'm really upset by this.

#36 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

Switching to google's public DNS also fixes it.

#37 roselle27

roselle27

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

Switching to google's public DNS also fixes it.

How do i do that? Sorry, im not really that tech savvy :wah:

#38 roselle27

roselle27

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

This is what I got from the Warpportal Team:

"Greetings from the WarpPortal Support Team,

We are sorry to hear of any inconvenience you have experienced in connecting to our websites and/or games. However, please be informed that the connection between your PC and our servers goes through many different hubs and servers belonging to various other companies, any of which could be the cause of your lag or disconnection. Please be informed that we have tested the account and we were able to log it in without issues. " (they made me do a tracert after that).

so I did a tracert too. this is what i got :

C:\Users\quinonez>tracert www.playragnarok.com

Tracing route to www.playragnarok.com [128.241.93.60]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms IP Address
2 33 ms 32 ms 26 ms 24.0.64.1
3 10 ms 13 ms 9 ms xe-10-0-0-32767-sur01.dover.nj.panjde.comcast.net [68.85.76.229]
4 12 ms 16 ms 15 ms xe-6-1-3-0-ar03.plainfield.nj.panjde.comcast.net [68.85.63.81]
5 18 ms 14 ms 18 ms pos-3-8-0-0-cr01.newyork.ny.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.95.177]
6 16 ms 21 ms 14 ms pos-1-3-0-0-pe01.111eighthave.ny.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.86.190]
7 * * 15 ms Vlan582.icore1.NTO-NewYork.as6453.net [209.58.26.133]
8 32 ms 15 ms 15 ms ae-9.r05.nycmny01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.9.213]
9 17 ms 17 ms 14 ms ae-1.r23.nycmny01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.68]
10 35 ms 30 ms 21 ms ae-1.r20.asbnva02.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.9]
11 101 ms 98 ms 102 ms ae-2.r21.lsanca03.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.55]
12 94 ms 98 ms 99 ms ae-2.r05.lsanca03.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.86]
13 96 ms 100 ms 99 ms xe-0-0-0-15.r05.lsanca03.us.ce.gin.ntt.net [198.172.90.170]
14 99 ms 99 ms 115 ms portal.demarcation.gravityus.com [204.2.170.50]
15 96 ms 100 ms 97 ms www.playragnarok.com [128.241.93.60]

Trace complete.

I have no idea what that means :p_swt:

Edited by roselle27, 09 October 2012 - 07:32 PM.

#39 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

It means you have a clean trace to playragnarok.com, but that's not the patch server. If you tried to tracert to ropatch1.gravityus.com it won't work (right?)

For google DNS:
get properties for your network adapter (procedure for this has been changed with every major version of windows; On windows 7 it's start -> control panel -> Network and Sharing center, then "change adapter settings" on the left, then rightclick your network adapter and choose properties.)
Select Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) (don't uncheck it, just click it to select it), then click properties.
In the properties window created, choose "Use the following DNS server addresses".
Enter:

for the two DNS servers (these are the addresses of google's public DNS service).

Then click OK until you've closed all the windows you opened.

RO should now patch correctly.

Edited by DrAzzy, 09 October 2012 - 08:46 PM.

#40 gingaspace

gingaspace

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

what a coincidence, I have comcast too. im using a mac, might take me a while to figure it out -_-

#41 Tenmuki

Tenmuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

I am able to get client to start now though :o but I never really experienced this til about woe time today so i dunno why i got the problem today in the first place ahaha even though i do have comcast.

#42 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

Sounds like the issue is specific to Comcast's crapola DNS servers (I see random DNS outages more often with Comcast than on Charter, by far.)

Edited by DrAzzy, 09 October 2012 - 09:52 PM.

#43 roselle27

roselle27

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

I was able to get it now too. The first try though gave me a "failed to connect to patch server" again but the second one, the patcher loaded. Seems like i can RANDOMLY get in. -_-

I'm having another problem. I can't seem to access the forums on warpportal without refreshing the page 10x. It says the "the url you seek can not be found" or something like that. and on my browser search bar it says "urlseek.20.vmn.net...." is that related to the error i get while patching?

#44 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

I was able to get it now too. The first try though gave me a "failed to connect to patch server" again but the second one, the patcher loaded. Seems like i can RANDOMLY get in. -_-

I'm having another problem. I can't seem to access the forums on warpportal without refreshing the page 10x. It says the "the url you seek can not be found" or something like that. and on my browser search bar it says "urlseek.20.vmn.net...." is that related to the error i get while patching?

Your isp is viacom right? If so, urlseek is coming from your ISP's navigational error handling

It's likely the same issue that's causing problems accessing patch server (as I said, I was getting similar behavior with forums).

Did you try using google dns?

#45 roselle27

roselle27

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:16 AM

Your isp is viacom right? If so, urlseek is coming from your ISP's navigational error handling

It's likely the same issue that's causing problems accessing patch server (as I said, I was getting similar behavior with forums).

Did you try using google dns?

I have Comcast. and still ddnt get a reply from them. I tried chatting with an agent last night but they don't even understand what i was telling them about the tracert and stuff like that -_-"

and not yet because strangely, i can patch fine now :p_swt:

#46 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:51 AM

I have Comcast. and still ddnt get a reply from them. I tried chatting with an agent last night but they don't even understand what i was telling them about the tracert and stuff like that -_-"

and not yet because strangely, i can patch fine now :p_swt:

Hm, strange. I know they do navigational correction by default, but that url is a viacom url - though I have had my comcast's navigational error help turned off for years.

And yeah, it's nearly impossible to contact anyone at comcast who knows what they're doing. It's hopeless, really.

#47 roselle27

roselle27

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

Hm, strange. I know they do navigational correction by default, but that url is a viacom url - though I have had my comcast's navigational error help turned off for years.

And yeah, it's nearly impossible to contact anyone at comcast who knows what they're doing. It's hopeless, really.

oh yeah. i don't even think they know what i was talking about. i felt like an idiot explaining to them lol even my mac can't access the forums and i would have to wait minutes so i can access it again. It's like a switch that turns on whenever it wants to -_-

So it is possible that it is a problem on Comcast's end since a lot of users having trouble with patching have Comcast. Gravity reassured me that they can log my account in with no problems.

#48 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:23 AM

I called Comcast and they assure me that they are not doing anything to block RO. (not that i believe that)... But it kind of boggles my mind that Gravity can't play nice with two of the biggest kids on the playground. FML, can't run this game with newer versions of Windows or if your ISP is Comcast?

Dafuq is this -_-?

The people on the phone that you get from Comcast:
  • Don't have any idea what RO is.
  • Are dumb as a rock.
  • Don't have any ability to fix the problem you may have.
  • Are useless.
There is a reason why ISP call centers are staffed by idiots. They can pay them less than someone who knows what they're talking about and can easily fix the problem.

#49 roselle27

roselle27

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:27 AM

The people on the phone that you get from Comcast:

• Don't have any idea what RO is.
  • Are dumb as a rock.
  • Don't have any ability to fix the problem you may have.
  • Are useless.
There is a reason why ISP call centers are staffed by idiots. They can pay them less than someone who knows what they're talking about and can easily fix the problem.

I actually chatted with them last night on their LiveChat and you're right. They don't have a clue on what RO is nor the tracert i did. And the worst thing is, the problem might be with them but because they don't really know what's happening, this problem will last for months.

#50 roselle27

roselle27

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

what a coincidence, I have comcast too. im using a mac, might take me a while to figure it out -_-

If you wanna use Google's DNS on the mac, just go to:

System Preferences>>Network>>Choose the Network you want to edit>>click Advanced>>go to the DNS tab>>click the plus(+) sign on the bottom to add an address>> then type: 8.8.8.8 and press enter>>click the + sign again and type 8.8.4.4 and press enter>> Click Ok and Apply. I did it to my mac just now :)

Edited by roselle27, 10 October 2012 - 06:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users