#1 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:53 AM

I just got my sniper to lvl 64, and I want to be an AS ranger, and then when I'll be 150/50 prolly I'll change to full aspd build to MvP, or keep AS one, I still don't know that. But I want an AS build for leveling. I won't WoE. Just lvling, PvM and ET's.
My current stats are:

Dex 99
Agi 17

And my skills are: DS 10, Arrow Shower 10, Imp C. 10, Vulture's and Owl's Eye 10, Falcon Eyes 10, Beast Bane 1, Falcony Mastery 1, Windwalker 10 and that's it.
I want to know what stats and skills should I put, some people told me to put Dex and Agi 99 and the rest to luk or int. Others told me that I will need a lot of SP to AS all day, so I better put high int. And skills, hmm, I don't really care about traps, just Ankle Snare 5 and maybe Remove trap, but no the other ones, since I won't WoE, also I think max Steel Crow will be a waste of skills points since being a ranger I won't have a crow. but well, it's just my point of view. So please, tell me yours.
And about equipment, I'll be able to have Mora's Set, and a +9 AS Elven, don't know if it's the best, but it's the one I have.

Leave your feedback please, thanks.

Edited by Joaco, 11 October 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#2 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

Current Stats : Ouch. That's gotta be painfully slow. Also, no Flee.

So how did you add a second slot to a Elven Bow?

If you're going pure AS, you'll want 120 Dex to bring down the cast time (its all variable) as well as maximize your damage.

You'll want a lot of int (50-75+) if you do not have some way to regen SP by other means (RWH, Succubus Pet).

After that, you'll either want to work on VIT or AGI. Once you get up in levels, especially while doing TI's you will get your face stomped, so having some decent HP is always a bonus.

Skill Wise - Ankle Snare 5, everything else into whatever will work best for you.

As a Ranger -

Ranger Main 1
Camo 5
Arrow Storm 10
Warg Ride 3
Fear Breeze 5

The rest of the Ranger skill points are up to you to decide.

Juperos will be your best friend once you have Camo 5 and can deal ~20-22K damage. Nothing can see you, its rather decent experience while you're still low level (<115). Other than that, TI's will be your wheelhouse. Once you hit 125 you can go solo Abyss Lake 2 and 3 which will take you upwards of 140.

Here is my current build as of hitting 150 (Stopped playing until the merge happens.) I can just go and go and go and go.

Posted Image

Edited by Lynex, 11 October 2012 - 08:44 AM.

#3 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

That build is pretty good, nice hp, nice sp, and I think nice damage, how much per AS do you hit? Btw, Trap Research says that it increases INT and MaxSP, should I max it?

#4 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:lol

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

60 VIT/INT and 90 DEX is good for stats when you turn Ranger. A lot of stat points leftover if you want 30-40 AGI (I did because I did Overlook with a friend and I wanted my attacks to be a bit quicker), or more VIT/DEX, or something.

Edited by MrTyranitar, 11 October 2012 - 05:06 PM.

#5 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

That build is pretty good, nice hp, nice sp, and I think nice damage, how much per AS do you hit? Btw, Trap Research says that it increases INT and MaxSP, should I max it?

Trap Research? I don't know, I plan on getting it once I actually get those missing 9 job levels.

As for damage? Depending on what I attack I range from 55-85K. With the correct endow + striking, I will break 100k.

#6 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

I'm 98/5x, 99 dex and 60 agi (stopped putting it) and a bunch of stats points to spend, and lots of skills points to spend too. Don't know where to put them, I don't really think I need more agi, since I won't be a aspd ranger, I can start putting vit and int. And skills I was thinking something like this http://irowiki.org/~...sOrKqn4baSraIn1 but I have 20 sniper skills points and 6 ranger ones to spend.. Don't really need detect since I'll have Keen Nose, and maximing Steel Crow will be a waste of points since I will have a warg, not a falcon. What skills do you think I could put then? Also, should I leave agi at 60 or put 10 more points?

#7 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Leave it at the 60 imho.

As for the leftover stat points: I'd spend it in Int myself, but you could spilt it between int/vit.

Skills? Whatever you want, honestly. Drop Keen Nose, max out Warg Teeth (when you hit 150/50). All you should focus on is getting Camo and Arrow Storm maxed. After that I'd get your Warg Skills. Warg Ride is nice when maxed as it can be used in Camo with no penalty and can get you to a specific place with ease. (AL3 or Juperos 2 for example).

If you're going to PVP/WoE than sure, I can see why you'd have Keen Nose.

#8 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:24 AM

Leave it at the 60 imho.

As for the leftover stat points: I'd spend it in Int myself, but you could spilt it between int/vit.

Skills? Whatever you want, honestly. Drop Keen Nose, max out Warg Teeth (when you hit 150/50). All you should focus on is getting Camo and Arrow Storm maxed. After that I'd get your Warg Skills. Warg Ride is nice when maxed as it can be used in Camo with no penalty and can get you to a specific place with ease. (AL3 or Juperos 2 for example).

If you're going to PVP/WoE than sure, I can see why you'd have Keen Nose.

Not WoE nor PvP, just grinding, looting, ET and MvP if possible, but maybe I'll change to ASPD build when I hit 150/50, don't know yet, I'll see :P
Then I won't get Keen Nose >.< I maxed Warg Teeth, drop Keen Nose to 0, put Warg Bite to 3 and Warg Dash to 1. Btw, Trap Research adds 5 INT and 300 MaxSP at lvl 5 but will be useless for the trap usage, since I won't be a trap ranger lol. And I also maxed Beast Bane, Steel Crow (useless) and Detect. I was wonedering if one of those Traps where useful, but I don't think they are.
Skill Tree: http://irowiki.org/~...sOrKqn4bmsaOIn1
And about stats I was thinkg something like:
AGI 60
VIT 95
INT 95
DEX 120
LUK 30
I could puto 100 INT and 97 VIT, but it wouldn't be that much change, since it's like 38 more sp and 597 more hp. If I put LUK I'll gain more ATK, hit, flee, crit and perfect dodge.
What do you think?

#9 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

Not that bad of a stat layout honestly. The 11 points I put in to AGI over what you plan on finishing with actually sounds like it could be better served going to Luk.

#10 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

Hahah, yeah, I think it's better more luk than those 11 agi points since I won't be aspd for now, I'll just AS everything :P
And what can you tell me about the skill tree I made? Is it good?

#11 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

For my Ranger trap research level 1 was my first skill. Level one adds max sp + 220. Each additional level is only another 20 sp. So I would stick with just level 1 for 220 bonus sp. My ranger is 150/50 and starting off with that extra 220 sp is very useful
Edit: Also very useful to get a rideword hat for the sp and hp restore while arrow storming mobs.

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 29 October 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#12 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

Sorry, didn't see your question about skill build. Looks pretty good.

#13 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

Yeah pure arrow stormers don't need agi at all. Better off putting those points in luck for better status effect resistance and more ATK/HIT.

Also, you can save 3 skill points by not putting it on Warg Ride and just getting the Halter Mount 30 day. :P

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 01 November 2012 - 12:43 AM.

#14 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Why waste money when you get a free mount?

Also depends on if he plans on resetting his stats/skills once he hits 150.

#15 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Halter Mounts are dirt cheap though. You can actually use those extra skill points for something else, preferably Ice Trap for slowing down people and screwing over casters.

#16 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

They aren't planning on WoE/PVP

#17 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

But the wolf is cute! Arf arf.

#18 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

You can have the Wolf but u dont have to ride it. xD

#19 sofico

sofico

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • Server:New Chaos

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

My 140 ranger has 2.5k sp. I have an enchanted ww brooch +250 and max trap research. When mag is up in a party I never run out of sp. in fact, I'm always at max sp, so no need for rwh unless I'm soloing.
100 int, 120 dex, 76 agi (yeah I think it's way too much. Everything always hits me anyway and I never ctrl click so aspd is pointless) rest is vit. I kind of wish I put the 77 luk instead of agi, then I would be able to take advantage of the AA and not need a rwh even when soloing...

#20 AsurABl00d

AsurABl00d

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:iRO-Chaos

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

You either go ASPD Ranger or AS Ranger, Hybrid for Rnagers is fail.

AS Ranger 1agi 1luk 120dex 110int 105vit 1str

#21 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

A little too much INT. Having more luck is better since every 3 gives u +1 more ATK and HIT and also more resistance to status effects.

#22 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

A little too much INT. Having more luck is better since every 3 gives u +1 more ATK and HIT and also more resistance to status effects.

I agree there is not really any reason to take the Int from 100-110 as the 180 stat points that takes could easily be better spent elsewhere. Like on getting Luk upto 48.

180pts to go from 100-110
(1-48 Luk takes 182pts) +16 Atk/MAtk/Hit, + 4 PDodge, + 15 Crit and +9 Flee
639pts for 1-100
2697pts total for a level 150 Trans char.

#23 AsurABl00d

AsurABl00d

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

I reset my char like 40 times and luk never helped the AS i had got luk to 60 and int to 90 still no cigar. Luk is fookin useless for AS Rangers.

Dont calculate when it comes to rangers, Ive done every type of ranger every kind of stat build luk is -_- for AS

#24 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

I reset my char like 40 times and luk never helped the AS i had got luk to 60 and int to 90 still no cigar. Luk is fookin useless for AS Rangers.

Dont calculate when it comes to rangers, Ive done every type of ranger every kind of stat build luk is -_- for AS

Luk increases the damage of AS because LUK gives more ATK and hit, and yeah, more status resistance.
If I hadn't put those 60 points on AGI, I'd probably put the them on LUK:
VIT 95
INT 95
DEX 120
LUK 71

or

STR 3

VIT 100
INT 100
DEX 120
LUK 56

I am now, thinking about resetting my stats to some of those builds, since I'm 109, I'd only need 4 Magical Stones, which is pretty cheap lol. Do you guys recommend me to do it? Or is the first build fine? If the first answer is yes, then, which one?
I mean, I don't really need AGI, it's just good to have some Flee rate, but having just 60 agi points, it's like, nothing lol.

Thanks all of you for your answers :P

Edit: Those 60 agi points give 69 Flee rate.

Edited by Joaco, 05 November 2012 - 01:13 PM.

#25 AsurABl00d

AsurABl00d

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Bro your going by IROWiki calculations im telling you by real experience. With 56 luk i got 30 more dmg on my AS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users