FOR EVERYONE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH RAGEXE.EXE CRASHING TRY THIS! :D - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

FOR EVERYONE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH RAGEXE.EXE CRASHING TRY THIS! :D

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Azuleon

Azuleon

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

Background info (you can skip this part)
--------------------------------------------------------
Ok so I been seeing a lot of people been having problems getting this client to work, I was one of them. I ran raganarok and classic ragnarok and both crashed upon entry, but sakray worked fine. I was racking my brain for days trying to figure this out, got my stuff fully patched (...I think) and everything, but nothing in the world, compatability admin mode, nothing would make this game work. Even installed outside of program files folder. Then I got the bright idea
My solution
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.) Go into your ragnarok folder and backup your original ragexe.exe just in case things don't go so well. Just make a new folder and throw it in there
2.) Take sakexe.exe and make a copy of it
3.) Rename the copy of sakexe.exe to ragexe.exe and throw it back in your client folder where the original ragexe.exe should've been.
4.) Run ragnarok.exe client

For me this made it work and connect to all the big servers! I hope this helps everyone out there who's been having trouble running the client! See you in game! :D

#2 eletriclightbulb

eletriclightbulb

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

Thanks!! It worked greatly! Maybe the definitive solution to all with the same problem (like me xD)

#3 Azuleon

Azuleon

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

Glad to hear it helped at least somebody!! XD Have you been able to login the Loki server??? Mine won't let me create a char there for some reason D:

#4 ragnawind

ragnawind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

You have to run the Ragnarok Classic shortcut that was placed on your desktop. There are a total of 3 clients. One for the Renewal servers. One for the Classic Server, Loki. One for the Sakray Test Server, unless it is no longer supported. Thy need separate clients, because each of them have separate gameplay related things.

#5 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

Do not recommend modifying the client, as this will almost certainly cause problems when updates or patching is required. In most cases of the game crashing on startup, there is a conflict with antivirus programs (most commonly Avast) or other unsupported add-ons to the game.

#6 eletriclightbulb

eletriclightbulb

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

Actually I cant even with this solution i cant play... Cant create a char. It says "name already existis" for every single name i write, even if i do "dshuahdauhduia" this kind of stuff
I really want to play but i caaaaaant D=

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

Actually I cant even with this solution i cant play... Cant create a char. It says "name already existis" for every single name i write, even if i do "dshuahdauhduia" this kind of stuff

Means you're connecting to a server with an incompatible client.

You're either trying to play on the classic server with a renewal client (which the sakray client is), or the sakray client just plain doesn't work to connect to the main servers.

As Oda said, this is not a good solution to the problem, and if it works at all now, there is a high risk that it will stop working in the future.

#8 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

Please make sure that you are using the renewal Ragnarok.exe client to create characters on renewal servers and the classic exe to create characters on Classic: Loki

#9 Azuleon

Azuleon

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

Ahhhh, that makes sense. Classicrag exe just crashes on boot for me though, so I guess this is as close as I can get to it for now >_< I kept a backup of the old exe though so hopefully we can avoid problems with updating when the time comes XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users