Ok, I need help Starting up the game. - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ok, I need help Starting up the game.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RedHawtRenny

RedHawtRenny

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationDenmark
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

Apparently when I start up the game, and I've been playing for a while, for some reason OUT OF NOWHERE this weird little window pops up.
A while ago, 12 or 14 weeks ago or so, when I reinstalled Ragnarok onto my laptop when the game bugged out on me it would be good as new and would start up o.k. It would pop up the little "Settings" window before the log in screen and tell me what settings I would want to play on and click o.k. and stuff. THEN out of no where, about 4 or 5 weeks ago the setup windows pops out of no where, when I didn't reinstall the game, and for some reason when I click save settings THE STUPID LITTLE WINDOW comes back.
I've checked online and tired doing what people advised and changed my account to administrator and changed the settings to my computer from the little options box on the setup. But ever time I change the setting to it nothing happens! It's just like it did nothing. SO, can one of you guys please explain why I'm having issues with this?
By the way, my laptop is new and I got it in July, so how old it is shouldn't be a problem. :/

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

Run RO as admin to fix the infinite setup window error.

Since the client update in august, the setup program can't save the settings in a way the RO client can see unless it is run as admin. Which you now need to do anyway for other reasons.

Can you provide more details on the first issue? Or was this issue fixed by reinstalling?

"when I start up the game, and I've been playing for a while, for some reason OUT OF NOWHERE this weird little window pops up."

If you're still having that problem, what does the window say? Please include exact text (omit the random symbol gibberish that appears in sprite errors, of course)

Edited by DrAzzy, 26 October 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#3 RedHawtRenny

RedHawtRenny

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationDenmark
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:42 AM

Thanks so much~! :D
I looked up some extra information online on about what you mentioned and got it too work! Apparently I was missing the newest version of Direct X, but I smoothed that out. c:
Thanks again for the help~!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users