Font Size - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Font Size

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Xiaming

Xiaming

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

Is there a way to change the font size (make it bigger) without changing the resolution?

I have a 17" laptop and the biggest resolution looks the best except that the font is too tiny to read. All other resolutions just looks horrible.

Please help. Is it possible to add this setting under Ragnarok Setup? Thanks.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

Can you screenshot the problem and post it?

There is no way to change font size, everything is scaled based on the normal font size - but that font size should be easily readable as long as you can read normal text outside of RO on that screen (if you can't, that's an issue to raise with your optometrist)

However, there is a rare issue that can cause the font size to be ridiculously tiny.

If that's what you have, I'll start searching for the fix (and I can tell at a glance from the SS) - but it's been a long time since we last had someone complaining of that, so it would be a real archaeology expedition to find, one that I don't want to do unless that's the issue effecting you.

Edited by DrAzzy, 31 October 2012 - 08:30 AM.

#3 Xiaming

Xiaming

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

How do I post a screenshot? Sorry, noob. :p_laugh:

#4 VolunteerMod09

VolunteerMod09

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 483 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

You can upload the screenshot to Photobucket.com and paste the HTML code here.

#5 Xiaming

Xiaming

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

Posted Image

#6 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

800x600 is best for 17" monitor.

#7 Xiaming

Xiaming

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

I tried all resolutions. Either the windows look huge, or everything is unproportional. But I'll try again.

#8 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

Try 1027 x 768 on computer as well as on Setup.exe.

#9 Leonis1

Leonis1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

I was having the same problem just recently when i was trying to get everything to work on my desktop. Im playing it in full screen now and apparently the resolution has an effect when its in full screen. I was under the impression that it only effected the window size outside of fullscreen. Im using 1074x768x16 on a 19 inch tv monitor and i can read just fine.

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

That font size looks normal to me?

I mean, that screenshot got resized by whatever you uploaded it to, but the text looks like it's the size it should be...

#11 firdausgaara15

firdausgaara15

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 02:24 PM

I have the same problem. I dont really like playing with low screen resolution so i set it 1600 x 900 because its my current desktop screen resolution.

The fonts is ridiculously small. I cant even read it. The login screen also shows the same fonts size. Please help me. BTW I'm a new player, just downloaded the game today. Here are the link to my screenshot. http://s292.photobuc...yfj4rm.png.html. The fonts in game is just the same as in the picture. 

Edited by firdausgaara15, 22 February 2015 - 02:51 PM.

#12 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:28 AM

I have the same problem. I dont really like playing with low screen resolution so i set it 1600 x 900 because its my current desktop screen resolution.

The fonts is ridiculously small. I cant even read it. The login screen also shows the same fonts size. Please help me. BTW I'm a new player, just downloaded the game today. Here are the link to my screenshot. http://s292.photobuc...yfj4rm.png.html. The fonts in game is just the same as in the picture. 

NO You do not have the same problem!

In his screenshot (which he unfortunately removed, else you'd have seen it and known you didn't have the same problem), the text was the normal size relative to other features. 

YOU have the tiny font bug. Text on your screen is much smaller than it should be. 

What environment are you running it under? Are you running it on mac/linux by any chance? IIRC one of the causes for that came from some configuration problem in the methods needed to make it run on mac/linux. 

#13 firdausgaara15

firdausgaara15

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:33 PM

NO You do not have the same problem!

In his screenshot (which he unfortunately removed, else you'd have seen it and known you didn't have the same problem), the text was the normal size relative to other features. 

YOU have the tiny font bug. Text on your screen is much smaller than it should be. 

What environment are you running it under? Are you running it on mac/linux by any chance? IIRC one of the causes for that came from some configuration problem in the methods needed to make it run on mac/linux. 

well i dont know if i dont have the same problem but the fonts is small that it and i run it on windows 7 home premium. i'm not a fan of rpg. i started playing rpg because i've already bored with dota2 and lol but clearly rpg community looks like a dump.

#14 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

comes on to ask for help; disparages community

k

#15 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:13 PM

Here's the last thread I remember on the tiny font bug - there were a number of suggestions given, but it was never clear whether they worked or not: 

http://forums.warppo...-font-problems/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users