How to make the roseonline fun to play?--Suggestions needed! - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

How to make the roseonline fun to play?--Suggestions needed!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis, Leo

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

Let's voice out our ideas about how to make roseonline as attractive as supposed to be, keep rolling guys!

#2 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

the million dollar question... to name a few things,

- more people
- more worlds
- more costumes

endgame is pretty dull after a while, all that's left to do is pewpew people in ga or tg or vend to make zulie you don't spend.

#3 xBlack

xBlack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

- more people
- more worlds
- more costumes

endgame is pretty dull after a while, all that's left to do is pewpew people in ga or tg or vend to make zulie you don't spend.

i have an idea for costumes .. for more competition and fun .. ROSE Community can make a contest for the best costume that made by a player or a group of players (made on 3D or any program ) , like they did before with some items but this time a whole costume .. then they take best 3 or 5 costumes and set up a vote poll and the winner get a prize (IM points or anything cool)

#4 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

:ok: that would be a good incentive

#5 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

Hang out with Squipy. She's fun. And I'm going to monopolize on this and start charging for squipy's time.

#6 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

Hang out with Squipy. She's fun. And I'm going to monopolize on this and start charging for squipy's time.

lol, frankly speaking, it's quite great to see the rose making some improvements, such as releasing of permanant mounts, level 230 cap, new PVM gears, GA, and introduce of steam, but that is not enough, we need more contents, new and better costumes, new epic weapons.

#7 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

Increasing the level cap to 230 wasn't exactly good:

I'm surprised there isn't more discussion about leveling in general, specifically end game.

When the Sea of Dawn dungeon was released we got a big level cap increase to 230. I can see this was added for promotional purposes and having all these new features as a way to get people to come back and play. But...... the timing for it was awkward as there were no new places to level up for this range; if the Sea of Dawn yielded exp it would make sense but as we know it, like with all dungeons do not.

Aside from a few bosses in Xita and Orlo, there are only a handful of monsters that are still even green.

Terrasaurus Predator
Archaic Mastyx
Barbed Snapper Brute
Fiery Snapper Leader *
Fiery Snapper Captain *
Crowned Asper Commander *

*These monsters have trigger based spawns, so basically you need to kill blue and grey monsters in the area to get 1 or 2 green monsters to even spawn.

Everything in Xita is blue/grey except for a some bosses in Ruins.

Most people leveled using a level 21x character with exp medals doing the killing while they leeched in the party. My question is why did we get a level cap increase with no real places to actually level? Fighting blue monsters for hours and not getting drops for hours to get a single level is monotonous.

As far as end game content goes we have the dungeons as well as crystal defenders. If you want to take part in Crystal Defenders you are pretty much inclined to get those extra levels, the dungeons can be manageable at 220 but of course it's more practical to do them at 230.

Leveling to 230 pretty much kills any other pvm content; you can't farm anything because only a handful of monsters will even drop anything, and the ones that do drop items don't really drop anything impressive sans bosses which drop alot of crap as well.

What are the plans for any end pvm content or ways to improve end game leveling to be less of a tedious drag?

New players would make the game more fun, but that would be a result of it, not really the cause. The steam eems to have a positive outcome in introducing new comers but, who knows, will they last?

#8 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:02 AM

New content is great, but I would prefer that the old content be fixed first. Some of the clans here on rose, could do an event maybe.

Edited by pdfisher, 01 November 2012 - 03:02 AM.

#9 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

With the introduction of Steam players I think maybe the development goals should change a bit. While we all agree that balancing the classes and some of the game mechanic changes proposed on Pegasus are important, I think that the focus should be changed a bit. As of right now a lot of us think that the classes are fairly well balanced and the game play is ok.

With the addition of new players to the game I think it is important that we retain the new and old players. One of the biggest problems in games like this is boredom. Once you reach max level there is not much to do. Then new players will reach max level in the next few weeks or months and they will think...now what. They will probably make another character or two but then they will be at the now what stage again. Old players with a lot of maxed out characters have been at the Now what? stage for awhile now.

The changes to AP and Zant are great and really help lead a new player on through the game, but the changes stop at Junon. I would suggest some effort into revamping the progression quests into Junon next. Then work on making Luna a viable place to level and farm again.

I would also suggest that you add zulie as a drop for at least the levels up to 100. The economy on both servers is insane and new players don't have a chance to compete with the old, wealthy players for gear and such and that frustrates them. At least some zulie at the lower levels will help.

Then we get to the Now what? phase. The dungeons and Crystal Defenders are fun but we need more. Another PVP game map would be great. Also, quests for honor points would be a good addition. People that are lower than 230 have a really hard time in CD but without honor gear they are even more disadvantaged. Give them a way to earn honor points so that when they get into a CD they have a fighting chance.

Lastly, Orlo has to be revamped some. The monsters are mostly blue or white for level 230. It is hard to farm there without a medal. Leveling is really tough for those last few levels since there are so few mobs to help you level. Either add more maps to Orlo or change the monsters around some to make them at least green at 225 and up.

The only way to revive Rose is to help keep the momentum going with the addition of new players. And the only way to keep the new and old players is to make it interesting.

Fixing Bugs is a given, the need to be constantly done. But they need to make more end game content to keep the players around and to keep adding new items, costumes, etc.

#10 UnfortunateM

UnfortunateM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

I'm a person who loves events and hanging out with others. I LOVE playing with other people, it's sort of the reason I like MMOs so much, even though no one I come across is really friendly or wants to party-up so far in ROSE besides a few people. T~T

I think ROSE could do some interactive events maybe? Like "Find the Rabbit!" And have a rabbit hiding somewhere on one of the planets, the person who finds it gets a prize.

ROSE could also set up a potential colosseum where players can submit a ticket, be put in a level and class based tree, then fight to the death to see who's the best. The winners would get a prize.

I have a few event ideas cooped up in my brain from thinking of ways to make games fun, and from events that I've seen before. The two above are just the ones off the top of my head.

Edited by UnfortunateM, 01 November 2012 - 08:30 AM.

#11 tythemuss

tythemuss

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1112 posts
  • Server:Leonis / Draco

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

A statue of me

#12 UnfortunateM

UnfortunateM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

A statue of me

I feel like it would be pulled down..

#13 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

I'm a person who loves events and hanging out with others. I LOVE playing with other people, it's sort of the reason I like MMOs so much, even though no one I come across is really friendly or wants to party-up so far in ROSE besides a few people. T~T

I think ROSE could do some interactive events maybe? Like "Find the Rabbit!" And have a rabbit hiding somewhere on one of the planets, the person who finds it gets a prize.

ROSE could also set up a potential colosseum where players can submit a ticket, be put in a level and class based tree, then fight to the death to see who's the best. The winners would get a prize.

I have a few event ideas cooped up in my brain from thinking of ways to make games fun, and from events that I've seen before. The two above are just the ones off the top of my head.

I actually LOVE that idea, that would be awesome!

#14 LOLtheyAngry

LOLtheyAngry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:55 PM

- more people
Server transfer coupons so that the people from drac can visit leonis and assess which is the server they like more. also if this were to happen they should limit it to 2 uses per character per account. so no1 can go hopping around servers all they want. its basically if u dont like the server you moved to just go back to your previous one.

- more worlds
How about open more maps rather than worlds. there are alot of maps from junon upto orlo that are inaccessible. i.e DOD which has entrances marked as (?)

- more costumes
NOT just recoloured or ingame gears that are tweaked a little bit like the fb shirts and plain white Ts.

#15 payums

payums

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Pet system that would enchance the chars^^
Courier pet system..auto looting^^
Party skill..party should have extra skill when party reach certain lvl^^
rebirth?..extended class?..more in-game competitions?..

#16 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

A Rebirth system could be cool and not difficult to implement. I'm not sure exactly how it works in other games but I assume after you hit max level, you have the option to start over at level 1, but stronger than you would have normally (extra stat or skill points, maybe something else too).

Third jobs is something everyone has hoped for at one point, but look how long, and how many times class balancing happens and is still never finished.

#17 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

I kind of miss interacting with the CM's in game.

Like the hourly event where you can get a chance of a freebie for example.

#18 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Before they work on making ROSE online more attractive, I think they need to work on making ROSE online less unattractive first.

-Logging in this game is painful, stuck at Downloading avatar happens very often, and when you click cancel, then you need to restart your whole client all over
-When new players step in the market of Junon Polis, they see prices are up in the sky that there is no way to afford anything if they play the game normally without selling IM points
-And for end game content for old players, they all get bored too quickly, may be we can add more maps for Crystal Defenders, and 220 gear?
-Even out the leveling speed
1-99 is ok speed because this bracket is for new players to experience and it is ok for old players to leap through since they are re-playing the game
100-155 is a little bit fast because 2nd job has access to many reliable AOE which still deals damage even you miss
156-179 is also ok speed
180-199 is getting slow
200-220 is getting boring
221-230 is just way too slow and boring

And I think the GM need to get rid of reliable AOE, so players can't Plevel from mobs that is 30-40 levels higher than they are, and I think they need to redesign the party level up system, so the party level is based on real people effort instead of killing purple color mobs. And this is the detail...

http://forums.warppo...__fromsearch__1

#19 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

For me, I think I would prefer the 3rd jobs, new epic weapons for 230 and above, and new honour gears for 230 and above too, if possible, would love to see every week we got different costumes from IM, not those repeated every time!

#20 AlasDos

AlasDos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

One Server Only

-no teletickets or not tradeable

So they will not stuck at junon only.

#21 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

this is the part i hate most... so hard to find a place to level...
orlo? that's one of the worst thing ever happen.. u can run in most of the maps... and u can count with ur fingers on the monsters u see!!!

#22 GrungyPhReaK

GrungyPhReaK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

I know with me being a Leonis junkie for ages staring off in Draconis with no money no gear and new levels I have problems leveling because of quest items being too low ( I am in my 50's now) and the shops are way too overpriced (not as much as Leonis) but it is hard to start a new life in Draconis without spending money in the item mall and selling to make money to buy gear for your players.

So mine would be more quest items for progressing levels and a market fix

#23 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

A lot of people keep saying a market fix, fix the economy on both servers, etc. But how do you do that? There is so little to craft anymore that is worthwhile and typically the IM stuff is most wanted, so the IM stuff will sell and the rare items will sell high. There isn't really much reason to craft low level gear since the new players do not get Zulie drops anymore so they don't have a lot of money to buy items. Plus the leveling is so fast that there really isn't any reason to get great gear to level with.

The only real answer would be to flood the market with items that are desired which would drop the cost of them, but the game is doing that to itself already. Look at the prices of Epics or honor gear, etc. I guess now with the new people that have come in the items will be wanted again so they may go up, we will have to see. But those new players are at a real disadvantage since they don't have rare, old items to sell or years of zulie collecting.

I guess what I am saying is tht it is really easy to say "fix the market" but not so easy to do.

#24 AzNx

AzNx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

Get Tommy to drink again so he'll do his events again

#25 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

Before they work on making ROSE online more attractive, I think they need to work on making ROSE online less unattractive first.

-Logging in this game is painful, stuck at Downloading avatar happens very often, and when you click cancel, then you need to restart your whole client all over
-When new players step in the market of Junon Polis, they see prices are up in the sky that there is no way to afford anything if they play the game normally without selling IM points
-And for end game content for old players, they all get bored too quickly, may be we can add more maps for Crystal Defenders, and 220 gear?
-Even out the leveling speed
1-99 is ok speed because this bracket is for new players to experience and it is ok for old players to leap through since they are re-playing the game
100-155 is a little bit fast because 2nd job has access to many reliable AOE which still deals damage even you miss
156-179 is also ok speed
180-199 is getting slow
200-220 is getting boring

And I think the GM need to get rid of reliable AOE, so players can't Plevel from mobs that is 30-40 levels higher than they are, and I think they need to redesign the party level up system, so the party level is based on real people effort instead of killing purple color mobs. And this is the detail...

http://forums.warppo...__fromsearch__1

+1 Logging in has always been painful for Rose. But I miss the treehouse, It became a safe place in my mind...anyway

-1 for Market. My first day back to the game I started fresh on Draconis. After playing for 16 hours lvl 1-84 I earned 7m from selling essence to higher players. It seems very possible to save up and purchase whatever I may want/need.

-1 End Game Content. We need to enhance the 1-230 process. End game content will always be an issue with how fast someone can level. Anyone else remember how exciting killing jellybeans was in the clan pvp field? That was ages back, it was the best way to level but had to be on at a specific time and needed to be in a clan. We need more exploration like content in the game. I fell in love with rose because of all the beautiful places I could travel to. Right now you can pretty much skip over entire map areas. I only fought bees in El verloon, only fought grunters in anima lake, killed clowns and did a repeatable turn in quest at Forest At Wisdom for about 15 levels. Killed Krawfies and did a repeatable turn in quest at Kenji Beach for about 20 levels. We need to find a way to make each map an adventure that people want to travel through, almost like each map being its own dungeon to traverse through. Lets give people a reason to travel through entire maps, give an incentive and design the spawns/walkways to reflect the "everything is an adventure" idea.

+1 Even out the leveling speed. Really you can zoom through the entire game. There is no point in upgrading armor until max level really. What I've been doing is making a set upgraded armor every 30 levels....and even that is too frequent. We need to slow down the leveling process and give a purpose to EXPLORATION. Seriously I cant stress enough that this game is about exploration, Im not feeling it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users