European and USA servers, also skippy frames - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

European and USA servers, also skippy frames

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Poisontear

Poisontear

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

I'm in europe and i'm wondering would it be better to play in the USA server. Are there more players in the USA server? About this time, there was about 1700 players in the french server. Also, the english in the game is a little bad. Is this exclusive to the french server or is it same with the USA server? I remember playing this game years ago and i think there was better english in the game. I downloaded the client from the european site, can i connect to the USA server with that client?

Also , the frames are skippy when my character moves from place to place, it was normal in the tutorial world, but after that, the frames became skippy, is there a way to solve this?

#2 Berneskal

Berneskal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

I'm from euro and this server is really good. I suggest using programs like WTFast or Lowerping if the game is laggy

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

I'm in europe and i'm wondering would it be better to play in the USA server. Are there more players in the USA server? About this time, there was about 1700 players in the french server. Also, the english in the game is a little bad. Is this exclusive to the french server or is it same with the USA server? I remember playing this game years ago and i think there was better english in the game. I downloaded the client from the european site, can i connect to the USA server with that client?

Also , the frames are skippy when my character moves from place to place, it was normal in the tutorial world, but after that, the frames became skippy, is there a way to solve this?

Right now iRO has 1500 people logged in on valk, 1300 on classic (our pre-renewal server - only official pre-renewal server - iRO's the only one doing this), 220 on Ymir and 500 on Ygg. Ymir and Ygg are merging soon. This is not peak time (people are still at work and school at this time of day).

iRO's localization is better than the english-language translations used for most english language RO's, but it's still far from perfect.

You must download the iRO client in order to play on iRO. You can download it from the official site, or from the iWiki mirror at irowiki.org/wiki/Clients_and_Patches

To further debug lag - when it appears to lag, does the mouse lag while you move it within the RO window too? If the mouse moves freely, but the game lags, that's a network problem - use WTFast or Lowerping to improve your connection, if you're using a wireless connection, try using a wired one. Some wifi networks are flaky due to electrical interferance and/or the locations of the devices relative to walls and appliances.

If the mouse lags too - don't run the game full screen (RO doesn't like running full screen). Check that no other programs are fighting with RO for CPU time - RO is greedy, and needs a whole CPU core to itself. Check that your computer isn't overheating ( http://forums.warppo...ing-prevention/ ). RO is very good at making computers overheat, and modern computers react to overheating by slowing down the CPU so it generates less heat. Also - I've noticed that sometimes a RO client skips frames when it's first started, but after leaving the client open for a while, that goes away (presumably, this is an interaction between the new windows scheduler, and the ancient RO client)

#4 Poisontear

Poisontear

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

There is no mouse lag, i think frame skips might not be about lag but maybe interaction between windows scheduler as you say. Is iRO and fRO same in gameplay? are those the same game or different games? Do they have the same events? (I'm in the Chaos server)

Edited by Poisontear, 01 November 2012 - 12:14 PM.

#5 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

IRO and ERO are run by different companies, and therefore are quite different in many respects, except for the fundamental mechanics of the game. I recently tried ERO for about an hour, and in that short time noticed many significant differences compared to IRO. For example, ERO's introductory area is entirely different from IRO's Training Grounds.

Why not just try both versions and see which one you prefer? :)

#6 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

What kind of things do they do differently in the ERO training grounds? Is it more like the old one?

#7 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

You'd be best with leaving fRO and joining iRO.

#8 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Classic & Valkyrie

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

You'd be best with leaving fRO and joining CLASSIC iRO.

Fix'd this for you.

#9 Poisontear

Poisontear

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

I cant create a ragnarok account for iRO. It says you are not allowed to view this content. Why is this? Is the game region locked or something?

Edited by Poisontear, 01 November 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#10 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

Create a ROSE online account then you're allowed to create your RO account. welcome to iRO

#11 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

What kind of things do they do differently in the ERO training grounds? Is it more like the old one?

Well, bizarrely enough, you start off in Valhalla, and the first NPC you encounter is a Valkyrie! The Valkyrie teleports you to a corridor that leads to several rooms, each of which contains a different task that you must complete. Most of the tasks are either intended to teach proper etiquette or test whether you are a bot.

After completing the tasks, you're asked to complete a personality test and instructed to reassign your character's parameters, with advice on what each parameter does. I suppose this makes sense, considering that the average new player wouldn't know the effects of each parameter when they create their first character. (You're required to balance your character's parameters according to the same rules used by the character creation window.)

Finally, your levels are set to 12/10 and you're teleported directly to a job guild, where you're given the standard novice equipment. I was surprised to discover that you're also given 500 Z!

I took some pictures of my short adventure. I don't know whether it was intended to be funny, but I laugh out loud every time I see the "Which picture doesn't show an insult?" window in the third picture. :D

#12 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

^ lool, Picture C, I love it xD

But that's pretty much why fRO sucks.
Firstly because they're fRO and will always stay fRO, regardless of the euRO licenses they've bought.
Secondly, because they're french, their english/german and other supported languages suck quiet hard.
Thirdly, because I have to take french classes in school and still do better than they do with their "business english" or rather refer to this:

#13 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

Thirdly, because I have to take french classes in school and still do better than they do with their "business english" or rather refer to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEzsdUu_dPo

xD I can perfectly understand her, what's the problem?

Blame french teachers. When I studied economics and managment at university, all the teachers of the "international tracks" spoke english even worse than her. The only guy who was bilingual was Italian. T_T
We're better than BRs anyway, honor is safe.

Edited by Sabaton, 02 November 2012 - 03:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users