No connectivity - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

No connectivity

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

Lately, every time I go to forums.warpportal.com I get a page saying that the site couldn't be connected to. This has also affected my game client. Whenever I open it, it says I "failed to connect to patch server". I know the patch server is up because of the server statuses on irowiki. I ran a tracert to playragnarok.com and the forums and it completes just fine. Randomly I'll be able to get through the patcher somehow and into the game. But I consistantly can't log in for hours at a time.

Can I just bypass the patcher? What do I have to do to do that? The 1rag1 extension isn't working for me, is there something else I need to do now? I don't know if the problem is with my ISP, but I've been with comcast since august and only recently experienced this problem the past couple weeks. If it is an ISP problem, Gravity might want to work things out with them because I honestly wouldn't know what to ask them.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

You are using Comcast. Google "google public dns" and set that up, and that should fix it. Comcast dns servers can't resolve some warp portal addresses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users