Having problems getting valk to work - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Having problems getting valk to work

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Leonis1

Leonis1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

So i got a desktop from my brother and installed RO. Classic works but only outside of fullscreen mode and everytime i try to run valk in any mode or classic in full screen i get a series of pop ups.

No client info file
Load mapinfo table failed
attempt to call a nil value

Then i have to go intp processes to finally close out of the window. Its pretty annoying and i just wanna play. If anyone has any idea as what to do about this please let me know. Im using windows 7 and a geforce nividia 210 graphics card. I downloaded direct x thinking i didnt have it but that didnt solve a thing. Im completely stumped as to what to do. Ive already installed and reinstalled twice now. Thats all i can think of that ive done so yeah...

Edit: Ok somehow i got it to work. I think the problem was that when a popup that says

ragnarok exe is changed. press ok to restart

I was clicking ok instead of cancel and it was giving me all those problems. Whenever i wanna play renewal i have to keep click cancel everytime i open the client but meh. Its not that big a deal i suppose. Unless anyone knows how to keep that from popping up?

Edited by Leonis1, 05 November 2012 - 04:08 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

I am not aware of anyone getting the Loadmap table info error, for whom the problem was not solved by rebooting the computer.

I've seen a 100% working install start doing this, for no apparent reason, and a reboot fixed it.

Edited by DrAzzy, 05 November 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#3 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

Did you install RO using an old setup client that you had on an external harddrive? If this is the case, I think you may need to get the most up to date client from playragnarok.com. If you encounter any error please post screenshots.

#4 Leonis1

Leonis1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

I downloaded the game from the site and installed it. Ive rebooted it after the problem occured and it didnt fix it. It works fine as long as i dont click ok when it says the ragnarok.exe has changed. Thats when it all goes to -_-. The only problems i encounter by not doing that are my emotes wont save and my hotkey bar wont stay where i left it.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:20 AM

I downloaded the game from the site and installed it. Ive rebooted it after the problem occured and it didnt fix it. It works fine as long as i dont click ok when it says the ragnarok.exe has changed. Thats when it all goes to -_-. The only problems i encounter by not doing that are my emotes wont save and my hotkey bar wont stay where i left it.

Here's an idea - You're running Windows Vista or Windows 7 right? And you installed RO to Program Files, right (the installer hides the option to install elsewhere)?

Try moving the whole RO folder to a location outside of program files (RO doesn't get angry if you move the game folder, unlike most programs). Moving it to the desktop should work, or you could create a "games" folder under your C: drive and put it there.

After doing that, try starting RO. This will probably fix the hotkey bar and emote saving issues, and it may stop the other errors too.

#6 Leonis1

Leonis1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

Thanks ill give it a try.

#7 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

You may also want to provide your RO directory with full read+write access. You can do this by right clicking on a blank area of the RO directory. Select properties. Uncheck Read.

#8 Leonis1

Leonis1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Ok i made a folder on my desktop and installed RO into it. I dont get any errors or anything when i click ok for the exe changing. But stuff still isnt saving. I forgot to mention that my skill window wont stay the way i left it and the same with my storage window. And when i go to log in it doesnt save the last account i used as the name. It saves the one i first logged in with. And i get a pop up when i close the client that says

SaveData\OptionInfo.lua

Also i tried the unchecking the read thing and i get the same pop ups i was getting before.

#9 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

Yup your Ragnarok folder is set to read only that's why you can't save your changes. Read my post from above.

#10 Leonis1

Leonis1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:46 AM

Yeah but i unchecked it and it just gives me the same errors i was getting before.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

ilovemilk, please tell people to uncheck "Read-only" not "read". A reader might not realize that you are telling them to uncheck read-only, and might make their way to the permissions section, and uncheck read permissions, which would make a real mess.

Ok i made a folder on my desktop and installed RO into it. I dont get any errors or anything when i click ok for the exe changing. But stuff still isnt saving. I forgot to mention that my skill window wont stay the way i left it and the same with my storage window. And when i go to log in it doesnt save the last account i used as the name. It saves the one i first logged in with. And i get a pop up when i close the client that says

SaveData\OptionInfo.lua

Also i tried the unchecking the read thing and i get the same pop ups i was getting before.

From folder properties of the RO folder, go to security tab.
On the top list, click Administrators. On the bottom pane, verify that there is a checkmark for full control under the allow column.
On the top list, click Users. On the bottom pane, verify that there is a checkmark for full control under the allow column.

If either Administrators or Users do not have full access, click Edit, select the group that doesn't have full access, and check the box for full access.

Edited by DrAzzy, 09 November 2012 - 12:10 PM.

#12 Leonis1

Leonis1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Ok under users everythings highlighted and checked except for special permissions and under administrators everything but special permissions is checked but grey. Im not sure if that means its unchecked or i just cant change it but i cant modifiy administrators permissions at all.

#13 Leonis1

Leonis1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Alright im an idiot. I wassnt running RO as admin so it wasnt saving anything. Now that im running it as admin everything is saving. Only problem im running into now is when i change characters or close the client i get a

SaveData\ChatWindInfo_U.lua

It pops up once when i change charcters and twice when i close the client.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users