Unable to download ragnarok - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Unable to download ragnarok

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KateKawaii

KateKawaii

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

Ive been trying to download ragnarok but the download link doesnt seem to be working for me. It takes some time and then gives me Network Error.
Thanks.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

If you are using any sort of "download manager" or "download accelerator", you must turn it off in order to download RO.

If you still have trouble downloading from the official site, try using the mirror on iW: irowiki.org/wiki/Clients_and_Patches (note that you can't use download accelerators/etc there either)

#3 KateKawaii

KateKawaii

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Alright Thanks~

#4 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

It's doing it to me too, it gives me a 404 error for no reason, and if i use mirror it cancells about 200mb into download for no reason, and this is a computer that's never had the game and is never used for anything.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

It's doing it to me too, it gives me a 404 error for no reason, and if i use mirror it cancells about 200mb into download for no reason, and this is a computer that's never had the game and is never used for anything.

Downloads aren't getting canceled for no reason, they're getting canceled because of network problems. Are you letting the computer go into power-save mode? Windows doesn't have the good sense to check if there's a download going on before going into power-save mode.

#6 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:26 AM

Downloads aren't getting canceled for no reason, they're getting canceled because of network problems. Are you letting the computer go into power-save mode? Windows doesn't have the good sense to check if there's a download going on before going into power-save mode.

This computer does not go into power save mode it stays on when left alone. This game cancels the download at 170mb every time

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

Okay - well, the main download is back up now; is it working now?

#8 LordSaladin

LordSaladin

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

Same problem with me..

As you mentioned, all download managers download only a "146 bytes" file,

And the installer is not downloadable otherwise... i tried with IE, firefox, chrome... Nothing helps.. The "pause", "resume" also doesn't work with firefox. Max i have been able to download is some 495MB... then it gets interrupted, and won't start again.

Have disabled the comp from going to sleep mode or switching off hard disk... doesn't help..

Usually no network problems with my ISP... i presumed an interruption in connectivity is causing the prob, and once interrupted, the download just doesn't continue..

Help with this please..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users