[Client] Mouse Exclusive Option Does Not Work - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Client] Mouse Exclusive Option Does Not Work

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

I guess I'll just put this here. With the new Malangdo Island update, the Mouse Exclusive option on renewal doesn't work. Even though I unchecked the box, the mouse doesn't leave the client and stays inside the window in window mode.

#2 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

I've got the opposite problem; I am unable to turn on mouse exclusivity (although this has been a problem since last week when I had to reinstall the game twice to fix a repeated patching issue)...

(Also, not to hijack the topic, but it seems like each patch eats my chat tabs and/or otherwise restores absolutely random client defaults, including sound options. How do I permanently save these? Running as admin or not does not seem to help.)

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

Probably an issue with running or not-running as admin when changing the settings? Setup needs to always be run as admin, especially if RO is installed inside of program files.

I've got the opposite problem; I am unable to turn on mouse exclusivity (although this has been a problem since last week when I had to reinstall the game twice to fix a repeated patching issue)...

(Also, not to hijack the topic, but it seems like each patch eats my chat tabs and/or otherwise restores absolutely random client defaults, including sound options. How do I permanently save these? Running as admin or not does not seem to help.)

Of course reinstalling removes the client settings, they're stored in the savedata folder, so you're going to lose them when you reinstall. You can backup the files in that folder and put them back after reinstalling in order to retain your settings.

#4 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

I've run setup as admin with no changes. It failed to shut off BGMs, too, for some reason... had to actually go in-game and shut those off in the exit menu. Not sure if Pres tried the same thing with any success?

I had re-done all my tabs and settings after the multiple reinstalls while running as admin, but this last patch put me back to general and battle message tabs...

#5 supermechakupo

supermechakupo

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

Is anybody's mouse speed slower than usual?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users