RO installer won't install game client. Any help? - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

RO installer won't install game client. Any help?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rukisu

rukisu

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

As the title says. I open the installer and it gets stuck on the 'Preparing to install' prompt. It lets me cancel out but that's about it. Any help at all would be nice. Thanks.

Edited by rukisu, 20 November 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

How long have you waited?

The microsoft installer system (ie, not RO's fault) can take a very long time at this stage sometimes. Try starting it, and then doing something else, like browsing the forums or making a cup of coffee.

#3 rukisu

rukisu

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

How long have you waited?

The microsoft installer system (ie, not RO's fault) can take a very long time at this stage sometimes. Try starting it, and then doing something else, like browsing the forums or making a cup of coffee.

I actually just got done doing that. It did work but, I got stuck with another error message and this time it was about something called a cabinet file not loading or registering correctly. Now, that, I have no idea on how to fix or what to even take that as.

#4 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

I actually just got done doing that. It did work but, I got stuck with another error message and this time it was about something called a cabinet file not loading or registering correctly. Now, that, I have no idea on how to fix or what to even take that as.

What is the exact text of the error message that is displayed?

What is the name and size (in bytes) of your copy of the installer? (To find the size of a file, select it in Windows Explorer and then press alt-enter. Ignore the "size on disk" field.)

Edited by Axylus, 20 November 2012 - 05:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users