Old old account.. - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Old old account..

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 delphene

delphene

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

I have not played Ragnarok for about 5 years. I've sent numerous tickets about recovering my old account and I get sent in circles so far, from what seems to be like miscommunication or GM not fully reading my ticket or replying with something not related to my ticket at all..

I /think/ I got my old account recovered by means of password reset but I haven't played in such a long time that I cannot find my characters on any server. I haven't played since the servers were Iris, Loki and Chaos.
If I haven't played since before they merged, where would my old characters be hiding? I cannot find them on any of the given servers on RO or RO Classic.

Any ideas? I am so lost.

Much appreciated.

#2 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Loki, Iris, and Chaos merged into one server called Ymir so if your character overflowed you wouldn't be able to find with normal means as it would be in an overflow account. If you remember your username you can possibly find it on on ropd.info/ as long as you didn't hide from ROPD during your Ragnarok experience.

#3 delphene

delphene

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

Oh wow I just found my High Priest on Iris on that site. Do I ticket to get her back or ? I'm sorry I still don't understand what to do :(

#4 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Oh wow I just found my High Priest on Iris on that site. Do I ticket to get her back or ? I'm sorry I still don't understand what to do :(

You need the account information to retrieve the character if you have it registered to your email you can request your username to the account and then request the password for the account.

#5 delphene

delphene

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

I have the account, so I have the password. I have a new account and my old account "bound" in account info but as I've said I cannot see any toons anywhere on any server, So I'm guessing I have to make another ticket, then. :pif:

#6 delphene

delphene

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

** Nor can I even see the "ymir" server they have supposedly gone to during the merge. :wah: So frustrating.

#7 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

** Nor can I even see the "ymir" server they have supposedly gone to during the merge. :wah: So frustrating.

It should show up as Ymir_VIP

The other servers you should see are Yggdrasil_New_Open, Valkyrie_Open, and Classic.Loki.

If you aren't seeing those, then you may be connecting to a different version of RO. Where did you download the client from?

#8 delphene

delphene

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Okay I see Ymir now. And when I log on I get a "character size error 108" I'm assuming this means I have over the allowed 3 character slots?
I've submitted a ticket saying what toons I want and what account I want them on etc.. orrrr do I just buy the VIP time thing and I will be able to see them?

#9 delphene

delphene

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Sorry, I downloaded the client from official site.

#10 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

Okay I see Ymir now. And when I log on I get a "character size error 108" I'm assuming this means I have over the allowed 3 character slots?
I've submitted a ticket saying what toons I want and what account I want them on etc.. orrrr do I just buy the VIP time thing and I will be able to see them?

There are two different clients.

The normal client (Ragnarok.exe) is used to access the Renewal servers: Ymir, Yggdrasil, and Valkyrie
The other client (ClassicRO.exe) is used to access the Classic server: Loki

If you use the wrong client, you end up with the character size error.

Both of the clients are installed by the same installer, but I think it still only creates a shortcut to Ragnarok.exe.

Edited by Atha, 27 November 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#11 delphene

delphene

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Thank you every one who took the time to help me.. The issue is officially resolved and fixed :P

#12 a3135977

a3135977

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

ok, my issue here is i cant remember what is the DOB i sign with so i can seem to retreive my password. i still got the email "confirm your internation ragnarok online account" back in 09. can anyone help

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

ok, my issue here is i cant remember what is the DOB i sign with so i can seem to retreive my password. i still got the email "confirm your internation ragnarok online account" back in 09. can anyone help

Contact the GM team via the support ticket system ( support.warpportal.com ) with whatever information you have available. Be completely honest with them. If you signed up using fake information because your mom told you never to give out info to strangers online, or because you were afraid of spam or w/e, say that. You may or may not be able to get the account back depending on specifics, and if they do give it back to you, you may have to fax a copy of a govt issued ID to get it sorted out.

We can't really say anything beyond that on the forums, because much depends on the specifics, and only the GMs know the exact policies involved.

#14 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

Who were you ?! I played iris then D;

#15 a3135977

a3135977

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

i used to play on chaos, i lost that account as i have no idea what email i used. then i play valk back in 08-09 now i come back, this happen >>. i remember the username and password but i dont remember the dob i register,address and postcode as i was putting in fake ones. this was pre warpportal

Edited by a3135977, 28 November 2012 - 08:28 AM.

#16 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

Worst comes to worst, the GM Team will ask you to send in a fax and will check that versus any payment records we have on file for the account.

#17 a3135977

a3135977

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

hi oda can sort out my account. the warpportal support team has sort out my account records but now i get the"you are prohibited to log in until 2020-12-31 00:00.(6)", thanks mate

#18 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

hi oda can sort out my account. the warpportal support team has sort out my account records but now i get the"you are prohibited to log in until 2020-12-31 00:00.(6)", thanks mate

You must submit a ticket to the GM team to get things like that dealt with. They can't handle account inquiries over the forums.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users