Mouse exclusive option in RO setup - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mouse exclusive option in RO setup

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RedColour

RedColour

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

I verified that the mouse exclusive option in setup does not work. Even though that option is checked, mouse pointer does go out of the window of RO.(I'm using windowed mode)

Is there someone experience above problem?

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

The GMs are aware of this issue and it will be fixed in the next client executable (in theory, at least. The devs seem to be less than competent when it comes to the client).

If there is a file 'dinput.dll' in the RO folder, removing that should make it mouse exclusive again - I know that worked on one recent build of the client, and I think it still will.

#3 Trevoir

Trevoir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

Will deleting that file do anything else? Did you mean remove from the folder or just remove (delete) the file?

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Will deleting that file do anything else? Did you mean remove from the folder or just remove (delete) the file?

It may slightly increase CPU usage (I don't know if that's the full version of ROMF, though I assume it is, in which case it has a feature to reduce unnecessary CPU usage, which would also be lost)

Doesn't matter whether you move out of folder or delete it. You probably want to move out of folder so you can go back when you realize that you don't actually want mouse exclusivity.

#5 Trevoir

Trevoir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

It may slightly increase CPU usage (I don't know if that's the full version of ROMF, though I assume it is, in which case it has a feature to reduce unnecessary CPU usage, which would also be lost)

Doesn't matter whether you move out of folder or delete it. You probably want to move out of folder so you can go back when you realize that you don't actually want mouse exclusivity.

Eh, moving the file out just made me get a bunch of error messages, so I'll just deal. What's so bad about mouse exclusivity anyway? I like it because when I'm moving windows and accidentally move my cursor out the screen, I lose the window and can't get it back on screen.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

What error messages?

#7 Trevoir

Trevoir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:46 AM

Nevermind, it's working now.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Probably the unrelated clientinfo error.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users