Fix for the 'No ClientInfo File' Error. - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Fix for the 'No ClientInfo File' Error.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Wyod

Wyod

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:18 AM

Hi everyone,

I recently downloaded the game client to play RO and quickly got frustrated by that sporadic No ClientInfo File error. I had tried many of the "solutions" found here or elsewhere to no avail. Reinstalled many times, repatched many times, no anti-virus active, run as admin, etc etc...

While reading an FAQ yesterday however I found this on irowiki.org:

Q: The patch server is down, can I play without patching? Yes, it is possible. To start the game and bypass the patcher, you need to start the game with an argument. Either from the command line or a shortcut, append to ragexe.exe "-1rag1" for the main servers or "-1sak1" for Sakray. Command line example: C:\Programs\Ragnarok Online>ragexe.exe -1rag1. Shortcut example : "C:\Programs\Ragnarok Online\ragexe.exe" -1rag1 (with the quotes). However, without the latest patch, the game client stability is not at its best.

So here is the solution for all of you with the same problem (until this patcher is fixed). As stated in the quote, first make sure your client is properly patched (you should have no problem patching it). Then create a shortcut (anywhere) of the ragexe.exe file. Right click on it and select Properties. At the end of the Target input box, simply append (after the double quotes) -1rag1. Save.

Enjoy! HTH.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

I'll try this next time my RO clients have to be closed, I'll be really surprised if this works reliably.

Though, if it does, it'd give us a nice smoking gun.

Edited by DrAzzy, 06 December 2012 - 01:18 PM.

#3 Wyod

Wyod

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

I'll try this next time my RO clients have to be closed, I'll be really surprised if this works reliably.

Though, if it does, it'd give us a nice smoking gun.

I have been using this method (and so is my GF, she had the same ClientInfo error) without any problems since. Starting the game is now a walk in the park. Now, I would be the one really surprised if this dosen't work for you.

#4 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

This works , Thanks :)

#5 Aluppa

Aluppa

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

hi.. I tried this as well, but when I type -1rag1 into the target box it just says

The name "C:\blahblah\ragexe.exe"-1rag1 specified in the Target Box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct. (the blahblah portion is correct, I checked..)

What am I doing wrong? ...

#6 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Try putting a space between the " and the -1rag1.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

hi.. I tried this as well, but when I type -1rag1 into the target box it just says

The name "C:\blahblah\ragexe.exe"-1rag1 specified in the Target Box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct. (the blahblah portion is correct, I checked..)

What am I doing wrong? ...

You need
"C:\blahblah\ragexe.exe" -1rag1
Note that the quote is before the -1rag1, and there's a space between exe" and -1rag1

Edited by DrAzzy, 06 February 2013 - 08:30 PM.

#8 Aluppa

Aluppa

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Thanks, but it still didn't work... It works once after every maintenance, but never a second time.

sigh.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Corrected the shortcut target.

0 user(s) are reading this topic