Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:31 PM

[mod]Posted ImagePosted ImageMAKE SURE TO RUN THE RO CLIENT AS ADMIN WHEN PATCHING THE FIRST TIME, CLOSE ALL OPEN CLIENT WINDOWS , FORCE REPATCH IF NO CHARACTERS SHOW UP, THEY ARE INDEED PRESENT ON THE SERVERS, YOUR CLIENT IS JUST NOT UPDATED PROPERLY!!!!!Posted ImagePosted Image[/mod]

VIP subscribers will be getting three days of VIP credited to the tail end of their subscriptions in thanks for being patient

Dear GMs and Community :-)

People will have many questions about the upcoming merge. So I was thinking, if we can have this thread address the common questions, it will cut down on the "will this happen or that happen" threads. :) Eventually having the most up to date Q&A before the merger. This will address the basic questions newer players will have about the upcoming merger. If I made any errors on the questions so far, feel free to correct me so the OP has all the correct information. Questions will be organized by topic;

[mod]Oda: I'll be adding to this , thank you for the OP.[/mod]

Basic questions:

Q: Will there be a maintenance next tuesday?
A: No, it will be postponed until Wednesday, where all the merge work will be taking place.

Q: Will I lose my zeny?
A: No, you will not lose your zeny.

Q: Will I lose any characters?
A: Characters in the training grounds will not be carried over.

Q: Will I lose mail?
A: Yes, the mail will be deleted. So any important mail should be picked up before the merger.

Q: Will I lose any of my items?
A: No, you will not lose any of your items.

Q: What of storage?
Updated! A: Have confirmed with our testing that there will be two temporary storages added which will correspond with yggdrassil and valkyrie storages. These storages will eventually be going away, thought it will be some months down the line.

Q: Will I lose the items that were in my cart?
A: No, your cart items should be safe and sound once you re-rent your cart after the merger.

Q: Will I lose my party?
A: Yes, parties will be broken

Q: Will I lose my marriage and my adoption?
A: No, family connections will be preserved across the merge

Q: Friends list?
Updated! A: Because of the large numbers of name changes that will be happening, your friends lists will not survive the transition.

Q: What about character names?
Updated! A: If your name is the same as one of the servers being merged over, there will be a _YG, _VA, _YM added to your name. You will see at the character select screen that there will be a blue bar on the right side of the character portrait asking you to right click on it. When you right click, it will bring up a prompt to enter a new name. No fuss, no muss. The first one to log in and change gets the name, though as we've said if you can prove that someone sniped your name we can investigate.

Q: If I am an Alchemist class, will I lose my homunculus?
Updated! A: Homunculi will not be changed, tested. Your pal should be ready for you to call after the merger. You should still make sure that they are put away before the merge, same with pets. :)

Q: Will blacksmith/alchemist/TKM rankings get reset?
Updated! A: These will be reset for the merger.

Q: Will the 27 char slots be permanent?
A: These will be permanent, though you will not be able to create new characters in those slots.

Q: Will our quests be reset?
A: Quests, including turn ins, access quests and timers will carry over.

Q: Will free name changes be offered? Or will we have to pay for name changes?
A: Free Name changes will be offered via an ingame mechanic should you have a name conflict. There will also be a new Kafra name change and character slot change tickets available after the merge.This page gives some details on what you will see when you get to character select.

WoE/Guild Related

Q: Will my guild be broken?
Updated! A: Guilds will not be broken, but if the guild leader gets tagged for a needing a name change (the name exists on the other servers) it would break the guild leader skills and you would have to write in to have it fixed. Once guild members change their names, upon the next maintenance the guild roster should be properly updated.

Q: Will our guild lose our castle?
A: Yes, WoE castles will revert to no ownership.

Q: What about Guild name conflicts?
Updated! A: The higher level guild keeps the name, with the lower level guilds with the same name getting a _1 and a _2 after their names.

Q: What will be our new WoE Times?
A: We will be deciding these within the week.
Updated!

WoE 2 will take place on Saturdays, from 4-6pm.

WoE 1 will take place on Wednesdays 3-5pm PST. It will not be taking place on the 26th due to the holiday.

Q: Will WoE 1.0 god items stats change?
A: The items will retain their current stats, what will change is the tradability.

Q: What happened to my WoE 1.0 god items and when do I get them back?
Updated! A: WoE 1 God Items were removed during the merger process, and will be returned in the account bound box within the week to the character that it is named for.

Questions still needing an answer:

- Will Mercenary loyalty points be lost?

Hopefully Oda will clarifiy soon!

Edited by Oda, 21 December 2012 - 10:15 AM.

#2 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

Might be nice to add in about player names since that has been asked a million times in the other thread. :P I am just to lazy to quote all those comments about it.

PS - This was a good idea.

Edited by Ambur, 14 December 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#3 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

So far the only information on names after merge is this tidbit.

The method we are using is that both characters are flagged, next login will need to enter a new name. So it becomes a 1st come scenario. This should take care of all the name holders. If we get name snipers we will deal with them via GM intervention. But for the most part the flagging should give faster resolution for you players.

#4 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

I hope they will change all names of players who have been inactive for 1 year, so their names will be available again :S

#5 Patches131

Patches131

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

Will there be WoE on the 19th? xD

#6 Patches131

Patches131

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

And YES... what Morlord said.... would all names be made to "yourname_VLK" for example? that way I could pay to change my name and get my original name back... someone took it when I changed servers, but the person that took it never uses it!! :( I had it for years!!

Edited by Patches131, 14 December 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#7 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

We will likely be under maintenance during the WoE times, so we are planning for the next WoE to be on the following Saturday.

If there is a name conflict both should get a server tag like SEPHIROTH69_VALK and a SEPHIROTH69_YGG, and the one that logs in and takes the name would be the one who ends up with it, so if there's a long defunct name you wanted you should be able to pick it up.

#8 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

God Items will be placed into a "Box." These Boxed God Items can be traded. Once opened, they become account bound to the character that opens these boxes. These boxes can then be turned into "Rental Gods" that are freely tradeable for up to 3 months before they must be turned back into "Rental Gods" by the owner for another 3 months. The first moment they become a "Rental God" is the moment they will start an expiration timer, which happens to be 2 years. Once expired, the god item disappears. If the God Item(s) are never turned into "Rental Gods," they will not expire past 2 years.

Edited by GuardianTK, 14 December 2012 - 02:00 PM.

#9 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Will there be WoE on the 19th? xD

No one said WoE will be on Wednesdays either.

#10 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

So far the only information on names after merge is this tidbit.

I meant things like.......

Name Sniping will not be tolerated. If we find people sniping names of guild leaders, community notables, forum folks there will be suspensions. We're not going to mind if you accidentally happen to grab xxCloudStrife420xx or something very common before someone else, but deliberately creating a new character to hold onto someone else's name as a troll is no good.

Does this make it okay to snipe names of those who aren't guild leaders, community notables, forum folks, etc.?That is to say, do I get less precedence than these people if my characters' names get taken? I'm fairly certain that one of the names I'm worried most about is not active on Ymir nor Valkyrie so since I'm not well-known, is it pretty much up for grabs?

If it's a pretty unique name and you can make the case for it, and you have history with that name we can see that. One of the biggest issues we had for the Classic name rush was that there were a lot of friends who picked up names for friends/guildmates but didn't tell them, so we got an inordinate number of tickets reporting a harassing behaviour that really wasn't.

#11 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

WoE/Guild Related

Q: Will my guild be broken?
A: No, guilds will survive the transition, but read the follow up question

Possible for an up to date source? What if there was guild name conflict?

#12 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

I've been editing and adding things. This stuff will be as up to date as possible. Guilds will lose their castles.

#13 Chrisalyd

Chrisalyd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

1: will be a free name change after this merge or its gonna have a cost?
2: will be a quest reset?
till now thats all my questions ty ^^

#14 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Will the Top 10 Ranked Lists be reset for Alchemists, Blacksmiths, and TK Rankers?

#15 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Ok Thanks Oda, will post some questions here then.

1. Since guilds will survive the merger, what will happen if there was a guild name conflict?
2. Will WoE 1 god items ( account bound ones & rental ones ) retain their renewal stats?
3. Will kill count quests ( Gramps turn ins ) reset and/or disappear from my quest log?
4. Are the 27 characters slots permanent ? What will happen if I deleted the character on the 27th slot for a remake ( after merger of course )?

#16 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

These rankings will have to be cleared after the merge.

#17 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

These rankings will have to be cleared after the merge.

Nice. I imagine the Alchemist Rankings will probably get established pretty quickly. By the way, does the Blacksmith Top 10 Rank even mean anything anymore? It seems like all of the perks that used to belong to forged weapons (VVS sure hit) are gone with renewal. Is there anything that survived?

#18 Nine

Nine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Will I lose my mercenary loyalty points?

#19 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:36 PM

Can we enable Polygamy?

So Wizard can finally marry all his wives. He had them across different servers(Area Codes), but now he is in trouble!!!

Edited by D111, 14 December 2012 - 02:37 PM.

#20 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

lol D

I dunno about that :P

Will I lose my mercenary loyalty points?

Question added to submitted :)

#21 Triki

Triki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

hmm, theres guilds like animosity / valk on more than one server, whats gunna happen in those cases if guilds aint getting deleted?

#22 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hi Triki :) the question has been submitted. We will learn soon how guild name conflicts will be addressed.

#23 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

I didn't even realize losing your homunculus was a possibility. Please answer that one ASAP, I spent MONTHS loyaling up two separate homunculus, one which is now a 126 Sera, and the other a level 97 EVOLVED vani, I'm going to be devastated if I lose all that work. Even if there's some kind of loyalty event again afterwards, I spent a lot of time leveling them, a lot of which wasn't actually AFK. I'd like to know before I spend more time leveling/feeding either of them anymore.

On another note, good to see marriages and guilds will stay intact.

Edited by Alaska, 14 December 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#24 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

Do we have to empty our cart before the merge? If so, and we failed to empty it before the merge, will our items automatically go into our inventory?

#25 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

I have submitted a list of questions to Oda. :) Will have update soon I hope. Cause I want to know too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users