[Classic] Luckybox Feedback Thread - Page 2 - Classic Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Classic] Luckybox Feedback Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#26 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

Never ever include KVM Badges in the Lucky Boxes on Classic. Ever. Emphasis on never and ever.

#27 Elitesttttt

Elitesttttt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

I want like, MCAs doe

#28 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

Lvl 7 merc scroll are really too bad to be in lucky boxes for my opinion I dont know if GM already used lvl 7 mercs but people even prefer to take lvl 6 merc over lvl 7. Cause their skills is not really that useful, for example the lvl 7 spearman can only sacrifice player within 10 lvl of range so its really limited, and he only use normal attacks. The lvl 7 Bowman use freezing trap 2 and arrow shower which is not really good. Only the Fencer can use Bash and he is really the only useful one among the 3. plus it isnt hard at all to get normally the lvl 7 merc. 50 loyalty you can get that in maybe 5 hours. or less. I think best deal would have to put lvl 9 or 10 ones randomly.

Buff scrolls for a 300 kp even if random its pretty much overpriced 10 blessings and 10 agi buff scroll you cannot be serious with that. -_- The kp of buff scrolls should not even go more than 25-50 kp.

some hats effect not working would be nice to correct them at least.

#29 Onis

Onis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

I think most people just want items in lucky boxes that you can get with 20$ or less. Why does a 80$ headgear exist in game anyways?

Preferably items that are worth at least 300KP if they cost that much and items that are usable by them... if they are not items that they find of value (HE gum, +7 foods, mercenary scrolls, gears that go for only few classes), then they should be tradeable. You see, value is something that's not definite. Even if HE bm is worth 300kp it has no value to me, because I don't see myself using it... however, if it's tradeable I can trade it for someone who thinks it of that value and lo and behold - now the 300KP item is also worth 300KP for me, because I got the equilevant amount of zeny out of it.
If you make most of the items account bound, then you should expect people to complain about them as there are practically almost zero items that everyone considers valuable.

+1 for those palette swaps (hair and clothes). If you had like multiple of them in one, they would be tradeable and kind of rare so the market wouldn't get flooded with them would be nice. If the market is overflooded with them, then everyone will think of them as kinda annoying.

However, if there's hugel medals as prize, I do wish it'd be like 500 or 750 of them and not 1000. s: I find it a bit weird that you get 200m item that takes you normally at least 2 weeks to get (if you sit 8hr/day) just like that. Technically speaking elemental armors take longer to get than cards.

#30 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

I do not agree with Oda that Jellopy would be a good item, because if we let users gather it without combat someone may be able to be the Jellopy kingpin for life.

I can understand the power of Jellopy, however, I do not play much these days. I think for people like me, who can not afford the time to hunt Porings, there should be a 0.01% chance (or lower if this game allows) for the Lucky Box to give 1 Jellopy, followed by a server-wide announcement when this prize is won by a player.

Never ever include KVM Badges in the Lucky Boxes on Classic. Ever. Emphasis on never and ever.

Off topic, but in relation to this members post, KvM in my opinion should not exist on classic, other Battle Grounds are fine. If KvMs are implemented as they most likely will be eventually, then a Mighty Hammer NPC must never exist, ever.

Edited by Gantrithor, 15 December 2012 - 02:54 AM.

#31 EtNox

EtNox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Server:euRo -> fRo -> Classic

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

I'll just keep this short for now.

Maybe add a middle headgear slot NPC where you are able to slot various middle headgears (Elven Ears, Sunglasses, Machomans Glasses, Pair of Red Ribbons,...) with like 25~50% Success, needing a kafra shop item for like 150~300 KP per attempt (so that it averages at like 600 KP~900 KP per item).
Slotted Gears should turn into 0 Def/No Stat-Equivalents of their former item. You could even include FIn Helms, Dark Blinker or stuff like MIni Glasses/Monocle, or maybe even other Kafra Shop Items (Peco Wing Ears (0 Stats), for example being sold at 150~200 KP ea).

You should just keep it style-only. (Slotted Middle Headgears are pretty powerful themselves, but shouldn't be aviable to the rich minority only like it's currently)

But obviously include stuff like HE BM/Gums, +10 Foods from time to time, Endow Headgears and other Style-Gears.

#32 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

I can understand the power of Jellopy, however, I do not play much these days. I think for people like me, who can not afford the time to hunt Porings, there should be a 0.01% chance (or lower if this game allows) for the Lucky Box to give 1 Jellopy, followed by a server-wide announcement when this prize is won by a player.

Off topic, but in relation to this members post, KvM in my opinion should not exist on classic, other Battle Grounds are fine. If KvMs are implemented as they most likely will be eventually, then a Mighty Hammer NPC must never exist, ever.

Mighty Hammer was never the first problem...The first problem came up with the Safe to 7 Certificates. Those should also not be implemented in the Classic Cash Shop. Ever.

#33 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

safe + 7 should only have worked on acc bound gear like kvm/bg and GMG, so tradable stuff doesnt stop breaking.
^
of course with BG/KVM i mean the rewards for playing BG/KVM, not the "Renewal style kafra shop Boxes-Badges" that happen to have the same name, function and sprite :heh:

anyway
good lucky box stuff is everything that's either tradable, consumable or best: both.

#34 Sithy

Sithy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

Nothing past the enriched now should ever come into this game i mean what is the point there is little to no risk going +9

#35 Luxje

Luxje

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

I mostly disagree with the most posters above. The WPE-buyers are the ones, by whom you get paid, and are the ones who give the money to keep the servers running. So in some kind of way this also should be honored.
So in my opinion, there should be powerfull rage items in the boxes, like the dress hat, even at this rare rate. The only mistake with the current lucky boxes, is, that beside the hat, the rest was crap.

Without offending someone special, but some of the post above just sound like: "oh, I dont wanne spent real money, but just want to have the most of fun, at the expense of (I dont know if this is the right phrase, my dictionary says so) the ones, who are willing to pay". It often feels, like the people look down on the ones, who spent real money, and thats not right.

So finally, from the economical point of view, fro/ new euro had a fantastic I-shop, even prerenewal, with boxes like this:

Box1:
Spoiler

Box2:
Spoiler

This ones are really worth spending the money, and I would like to see something like this.

Edited by Luxje, 17 December 2012 - 04:09 AM.

#36 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

Bring back the lower headgears you already had out.... by making them account bound you totally shut out new players from having any chance to obtain them.

Other than that most people have suggested my other wishes.

#37 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

The WPE-buyers are the ones, by whom you get paid, and are the ones who give the money to keep the servers running.

True.
However
If it's not worth it actually playing the game in pvm/mvp and near impossible playing pvp without spending dollars, everybody is going to quit.
And WPE-buyers will stop giving money once the server is totally dead.

#38 Luxje

Luxje

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

True.
However
If it's not worth it actually playing the game in pvm/mvp and near impossible playing pvp without spending dollars, everybody is going to quit.
And WPE-buyers will stop giving money once the server is totally dead.

I am totally aware of this one, but:

a.) Boxes should be tradable, so anybody should be able to get them, without buying WPE. Perhaps this would make the kp/zeny-ratio a bit higher, but that would be fair.
b.) Make the gears and some itmes tradable. I actually dont the the problem, with the Dress Hat (perhaps I just play for fun, without serious ambitions). Its tradable, so everybody can get it. And regarding the price for other ingame items, even 100m (I have no clue how, much the hat is worth, even I own one (and dont need it :) )) isnt unfair. I just dont wanne know, what the price for valk shields will be.
c.) reagrding KVM equip: you will be able to obtain points by doing pvp so there should be no problem, to obtain them throug boxes at low chance.

d.) NOT at Susan: why are there so many people out there, who think, that everything must be for free? I really preferred Ro, when I had to pay a monthly fee.

#39 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

VIP users help to keep the server running. Not just KP buyers.

#40 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

I'll try to be more succinct. There are simply things that do and do not belong in a lucky box.

Firstly, nothing at all should every be a "one time only" event. Unless you're talking about things like a Christmas hat that gives EXP/Damage/whatever during Christmas only should the only method of access be a box.

Secondly, lucky box items should not require overups to get all of their effects. Here're good Lucky Box Items:
Rideword Hat - No +7 or +9 bonuses on Classic.
Well Chewed Pencil - Lower headgear, unrefineable
HE Gum/Manual Box - While untradeable, these boxes came with 8 pieces instead of 5. That is good.
Blessing/AGI/Greed Scrolls - Not game breaking but convenient for WoE.

Here's a bad list of lucky box items:
Dress Hat - Requires +7 for a bonus
Red Wing Hat - Requires overups for bonuses
Level 7 Mercenary Box - an NPC Sells these. While you can store the boxes and use them on low level chars, that doesn't justify that you're basically valuing $3 at around 500k zeny
Assumptio Scroll - Game breaking, especially since Assumptio doesn't currently exist.

Essentially, there should be only one layer of gambling in this game. Overup bonuses mean people buy Enriched Ores from you. Putting them through two screens (Lucky box RNG then Refiner RNG) is just going "lol, -_- you, good luck competing with the one or two people that get stupid lucky this event!"

Additionally, unless an item is specific to an event, they should never vanish. Lucky box items should be moved into the kafra shop 1-3 months after the box event. People will buy lucky boxes to get a one-up gearwise, this is a fact. But how do you expect longevity out of Classic when new players find out "Oh, I need a Red Wing Hat to compete against MvPs. It was sold THREE years ago in a lucky box and individual pieces are now 300m each. And I need a +9."
That shuts people out.

#41 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

It was better when you could directly buy the piece of equipment you actually wanted for a fixed price, like zodiac headgears which were 500KP I reckon. Upgrading was less stressful and people still blew good chunks of cash on enriched ores to have several upgraded pieces. Wouldn't even matter anymore if they were account bound when you unbox them, at least you could just buy as many as needed.

I agree with Jaffer that super useful gears should be relaunched from time to time (speaking of months) so newer players don't feel left out, missing a key equipment for your class sucks.

#42 Hellmasker

Hellmasker

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

I would like to see the Zodiac Headgear appear as well! Little by little like how it did back in the day.

Triple Poring hat would be awesome!
I like the idea of bringing in prize medals, but not a huge amount.
After Trans.. It would be nice to see Slotting Advertisements along with good old Troy!
I don't know if anyone missed out on the Air Pirate's Bandana, but that might be a nice prize.

As for smaller chance items..
I make use of the Merc Scrolls, but really need those to be put into storage..
Green ales/ white chocolate

At the very least.. I think anything we get should be worth 300kp.

I actually wouldn't mind getting materials for an in-game Headgear quest maybe all the materials in one box at a random chance?

#43 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

To be honest, I'd say the first year or so of the Valkyrie server lucky boxes (minus the ghostring cards) were pretty successful. I wouldn't mind them being more or less repeated. That said, as long as whatever is put in the boxes is not account bound, I honestly don't care what goes in them, the only thing that can really ruin things is account bound gear that forces people to pay real money or RMT zeny to buy kafra points, neither of which are good options.

I'd particularly love things like HE manuals and HE gums to be tradeable again like they were on Valkyrie server, because it is a pain to get those items on appropriate accounts right now when they come out of random boxes.

#44 Wyntir

Wyntir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

I preferred when things were bought outright instead of lucky boxed as well. My biggest issues with THIS box, are that
1) None of the rates were posted as to the rarity of the items, so its assumed everything has an equal chance to drop. (Obviously now that was not the case)
2) Not only are level 7 merc scrolls terrible, but there's not even 20 of them in the box. It lists both on the side and ingame that there are 20, however when you open it, there are infact 10.
3) The mercs are character bound after opening the box, so if you only intended/needed to use 2-3 for a lowbie char, now you still have the others stuck on your character.
4) +7 foods. Should be +10 at the very least, since there's supposed to be an npc for VIPs to get these buff for free.
5) Some of the items don't even work. I've not tried it myself but people have posted that the twin pom santa hat does not actually have a slot in it, it just appears to. Also, the rudolph nose does not seem to be dropping cookie bags.
6) Buff scrolls - Sorry I'm just someone who believes these should NEVER be in game. You're replacing a class that requires other people to level with a scroll. Perhaps instead you could put gwings/kafra cards/siegfrieds into the box, those are at least useful to everyone without screwing any one class over.

I'd personally like to see a recycler put in for these boxes wherein the contents are what the September boxes were, but made tradeable.

#45 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

Wyntir makes some good points. Listen up Gravity.

Amazing how many-_- up's these were in this last box and NOTHING has been changed or talked about being changed even after this "official" thread has been made.

Why is this thread moved to "Suggestions"? To be hidden from sight and hopefully faded? It's NOT a suggestion these problems should be fixed.

Fix your-_- up's Gravity. You're loseing people everyday and once this server hits around 500 I am gone to a different game that has actualy players and not bots/cheaters.

This is horrible Customer service. I love the game but hate the bad decisions and constant-_- the playerbase attitude brought fourth from the GM team.

Edited by Shanedude, 18 December 2012 - 09:28 AM.

#46 Sithy

Sithy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

no staff are going to make any kind of statement here?

#47 iDanii

iDanii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationColombia
  • Server:Valkyrie ~ Classic

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

I'm waiting for my missing mercenaries since box says 20 mercs :)

#48 ExValkyrie

ExValkyrie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMidgard
  • Server:Loki (Classic)

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

This thread has a lot of good suggestions...

+1 On items being added to Kafra Shop and not only available through lucky boxes.
+1 On Endow headgears making a comeback
+1 On balancing in-game items with cash shop ones

I'd also like to add that the evolved ribbons be added. I liked how they looked and their +5 flee bonus. > w <
As for the zodiac hats, some of them were pretty useful. (e.g. the mild wind ones and the flee ones were better looking alternatives to the advanced propeller)

#49 Magefist

Magefist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 953 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

NEVER PUT KVM BADGES AND MYSTICAL CARD ALBUMS IN LUCKY BOXES. THANKS

#50 barneystinson86

barneystinson86

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:46 PM

Hi, first time posting.

I would like seeing several items in the next, Luckybox: 1) Dress Hat. 2) Rideword Hat. 3) Black devil's masque (with low chance of obtainability) and maybe another nice, attractive looking headgear like the Note Headphone~

Btw, where can i post suggestion on MVP spawns? Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users