Do WP care about their players? - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Do WP care about their players?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#51 iyoter2

iyoter2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

It's the Korean Developers at Gravity HQ, not Warp Portal...Might want to edit that first post.

In fact, it was Warp Portal's Community Managers and Heimdallr that prevented the introduction of the No.99 Bomb to our servers here at iRO2. Our problem is the incapability to convince the Devs to not do the things you've laid out in your first post.

After they got enough profit from those DNA Boxes and reset scrolls, only then they will fix the pets. Then guess what? Only then they will introduce Bomb 99. WP? They are on with it. Pft. Call me when it happens.

#52 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

Honestly, if I was a GM, with all the hate that WP gets I wouldn't even wanna fix the bugs or any other problems the game has. Why would I want to satisfy people that hate me just for doing my job? Maybe if everyone was supportive instead of crying about every little thing that goes wrong, maybe we'd actually have some progress towards fixing what needs to be fixed. Just think for a second, would you be more productive if while working, everyone else was screaming, insulting, and spreading rumors about you? I can see how despite having an amazing job (in concept) a lot of the WP staff probably dreads coming to work every day cause they know exactly what they're in for. Sure, I'll agree that there's a lot wrong with the game, that's something we all know. But constantly putting them down is only gonna make matters worse. RO1 was really rough at the start, but look at it now. RO1 is a classic that everyone should try and have fun with. I have faith that in time RO2 will hopefully rise to RO1's level and also become a classic. But they need time to work these things out. In a year, maybe 2 or 3 years, RO2 is gonna be 100x better than it is now. But in the meantime we have to be supportive and co-operate with WP so we can help each other. Point out what's wrong with the game, suggest fixes, propose new changes to the game. But do it in a way that doesn't make you look like an idiot who's just venting. All this hatred is getting old and I'm sure all of the dedicated RO2 players and staff are sick of it. I know I am. Moral of the story; If you want better food, don't piss off the chef. Sorry for the little rant, we all need one now and then.

#53 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

WP does, Gravity does not give a -_-

#54 eimichan

eimichan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Server:Odin ~

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

Thanks for explaining to that troll when i didnt want to. You need kafra stuff to be competitive in this game really.

Well you're no fun to argue with if you don't wanna put your cards on the table for others to see ;p

Also i disagree with this statement. Positive that all the content can be cleared without any kafra shop stuff, and while pvp might not be exactly balanced, if you're losing a fight 100% of the time, +10% hp and the other little benefits won't win you the fight either. Also if your friends don't want to raid or stuff with u cos u're missing out on that small edge, that speaks more to the quality of friends you have rather than how needed premium items are ~

#55 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

And lets not forget this : http://forums.warppo...ong-cape-event/

#56 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Honestly, if I was a GM, with all the hate that WP gets I wouldn't even wanna fix the bugs or any other problems the game has. Why would I want to satisfy people that hate me just for doing my job? Maybe if everyone was supportive instead of crying about every little thing that goes wrong, maybe we'd actually have some progress towards fixing what needs to be fixed. Just think for a second, would you be more productive if while working, everyone else was screaming, insulting, and spreading rumors about you? I can see how despite having an amazing job (in concept) a lot of the WP staff probably dreads coming to work every day cause they know exactly what they're in for. Sure, I'll agree that there's a lot wrong with the game, that's something we all know. But constantly putting them down is only gonna make matters worse. RO1 was really rough at the start, but look at it now. RO1 is a classic that everyone should try and have fun with. I have faith that in time RO2 will hopefully rise to RO1's level and also become a classic. But they need time to work these things out. In a year, maybe 2 or 3 years, RO2 is gonna be 100x better than it is now. But in the meantime we have to be supportive and co-operate with WP so we can help each other. Point out what's wrong with the game, suggest fixes, propose new changes to the game. But do it in a way that doesn't make you look like an idiot who's just venting. All this hatred is getting old and I'm sure all of the dedicated RO2 players and staff are sick of it. I know I am. Moral of the story; If you want better food, don't piss off the chef. Sorry for the little rant, we all need one now and then.

Hey fanboy did you actually read the thread and educate yourself before spewing your bull-_-? Nobody is hating the GMs for "doing their job" Your flaming blanket statement isnt helping your cause at all. Being angry towards the situation is the correct answer not on the CMs or GMs activities. Although if the staff ignore the outcry of their community damn right they are going to feel the wrath, no shat. Every patch the game simply gets another bad addition stacked on another bad addition and eventually the pile will get so big it starts to stink. You want another anology? Hey chef your food is palatable could you please remove this seasoning it's making my eyes water(QQ), chef please stop adding more seasonings your cooking was fine without it..

PS. Official RO1 is the laughing stock of the gaming community. I hope RO2 doesnt suffer the same fate.

#57 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

You obviously haven't seen the state RO1 is in these days. It was a classic. I no longer love it for what it currently is, but for what it was.

#58 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Marry me! I was thinking about quitting this game and your post made me change my mind e.e

#59 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

Just one more thing... More often than not, the local producers have a big slice of the blame for the cash content implemented. And they always act super friendly and heroic when posting in forums or replying to players' feedback, while intentionally and outright LYING to the developers about what the players want to meet quotas. I speak of personal experience as someone who has played the role of a bridge between administrators and players in a few F2P MMOs.

While I believe everything else you said was valid and true, saying that happens more often than not with the local producers in games does not mean that WP does those things. The local producers (assuming you mean WP) aren't lying to the Developers about what players want to meet quotas. If that were the case, we'd have Bomb No. 99 already, because you know that item would have profits. People who wanna breeze through the game easily would stock up on them.

No, actually, telling the Developers the truth gave the majority of the community as a whole a voice that was actually heard, and the Developers agreed to not implement it. While possible profits of Bomb No. 99 were lost, the game would've died within a month after releasing it. The game profits more without it, and thus; it was a smart decision.

Now, it may work well on SEARO2 (assuming they have it implemented), because supposedly, SEARO2 is much more difficult than IRO2, so the item may be necessary there.

That's not the only example, either. Wedding Costumes? Founder Titles? We still have those. Founders may be capped at 40 now, but nothing else about them changed. That's thanks to WP actually telling Devs what we want. Same goes for the change to Assassin Shadow Form, and Rogue skills.

Devs don't listen all the time, but I am quite sure that WP staff spend most of their time (that's not spent reading pointless rage posts) raging at the Devs themselves, because they have to deal with the Devs directly, while we only have to deal with them indirectly. It's not the fault of WP that the Devs don't listen all the time. Besides, honestly, while they should listen MORE, if they listened to and implemented EVERYTHING that everyone wanted, this game would be more broken than it already is. Multiple "reasonable" solutions and suggestions can eventually lump together to end up breaking the game, because some of them conflict with one another, and cause imbalance, and total chaos.

Not that I'm saying I'm glad the Devs don't listen to us... :p_err:

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 26 September 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#60 Mawnies

Mawnies

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAlberta Channel 3

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

And lets not forget this : http://forums.warppo...trong-cape-even

of course the guild capes ! D: 

#61 Chiffon

Chiffon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

No.

WP doesn't have to accept anything Gravity throws at them. They don't have to implement retarded patches. They don't have a gun on their head forcing them to do this. But they don't know what players want in the game and what they don't. What was the point of extending weekly updates to bi-weekly, if we still only get the patch notes the day before? So that they can pull the template response of "oh, we didn't know this was going to be in this patch until now. Now if you rage enough maybe we'll change something."?

All this discussion should've been done 2 weeks ago, before they wanted to put in dna boxes and 1 day raid resets.

Edited by Chiffon, 26 September 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#62 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

with all the sudden locked and deleted threads..surprised this one still lives :o

#63 RORose

RORose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

Seems like WP best efforts to keep this game afloat are in staying on top of deleting or locking threads to the minute lol. Oh and events, but most of those go south. Either way it's clear WP is making a solid effort but it's Gravity that is -_-ting all over this game.

#64 Kalamithy

Kalamithy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMadrid

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:15 PM

the template response of "oh, we didn't know this was going to be in this patch until now. Now if you rage enough maybe we'll change something."?

THIS ^

the lack of communication between WP and Gravity's Devs is pathetic, and it's a responsibility on both sides.

#65 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

Marry me! I was thinking about quitting this game and your post made me change my mind e.e

LOL. I think Zanbee would be very upset if someone took me away from her. Cause you know, it takes 2 to make a Zanpeco ;) But I'm glad you changed your mind about RO :) I hope you'll be around to watch the game evolve and grow.

#66 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

Hey fanboy did you actually read the thread and educate yourself before spewing your bull-_-? Nobody is hating the GMs for "doing their job" Your flaming blanket statement isnt helping your cause at all. Being angry towards the situation is the correct answer not on the CMs or GMs activities. Although if the staff ignore the outcry of their community damn right they are going to feel the wrath, no shat. Every patch the game simply gets another bad addition stacked on another bad addition and eventually the pile will get so big it starts to stink. You want another anology? Hey chef your food is palatable could you please remove this seasoning it's making my eyes water(QQ), chef please stop adding more seasonings your cooking was fine without it..

PS. Official RO1 is the laughing stock of the gaming community. I hope RO2 doesnt suffer the same fate.

I think you fail to realize how much hate the GMs get. I feel bad for the ones that get nervous before getting on the forums or in game, I felt bad for Zanbee when that whole Eremes DNA thing happened. She was getting all the hate for it instead of the GM that did it.

#67 wakkyz

wakkyz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

to the people thats defending WP staff, its been over a week even 2 weeks about this pet/trade abuse bugs...WHERE ARE THE GM/CM's comforting messages? i see zanbee and nojoro coming on reading and leaving, isnt it the community manager's job to be doing that even if they have to bullsh*t their way through? and as for tiduspeco hoping ro2 will grow in 1 year? i dont think so with these guys doing absolutely nothing to save the game, these updates are just speeding up to the fall of ragnarok2

http://steamgraph.ne...ph&appid=231060

statistic speaks for itself...ragnarok2 is falling rock bottom

#68 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

I think you fail to realize how much hate the GMs get. I feel bad for the ones that get nervous before getting on the forums or in game, I felt bad for Zanbee when that whole Eremes DNA thing happened. She was getting all the hate for it instead of the GM that did it.

Mmk, the GMs get a lot of hate.  I can agree with that.  Now, how much of that hate is generated by Gravity, and how much is generated, by, say,

E5Bfcua.png

Pet abuse = Tanks/Priest Reroll    :heh:   :heh:   :heh:   :heh:   :heh:   :heh:   :heh: 

y'know, the complete lack of respect for the players shown above, or, as was just mentioned, the silence we get?  Does Gravity have such a leash on you that you can't reply to posts without their consent, and yet you're allowed to say things like the above?  While I do sympathize, I really have to ask how much of this hate is self-inflicted.

#69 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

Mmk, the GMs get a lot of hate.  I can agree with that.  Now, how much of that hate is generated by Gravity, and how much is generated, by, say,

y'know, the complete lack of respect for the players shown above, or, as was just mentioned, the silence we get?  Does Gravity have such a leash on you that you can't reply to posts without their consent, and yet you're allowed to say things like the above?  While I do sympathize, I really have to ask how much of this hate is self-inflicted.

I am not the same as an in-game GM. I am a volunteer to manage the forums. As for your assumptions that border on spreading rumors about how GMs communicate and what they are allowed and not allowed to say, I have no comment as I am not privy to such things. You are always free to PM Zanbee and ask her questions. The GMs don't sit in front of the computer all day. They work in an actual office where they do paperwork, reports, etc.

#70 2534130520102140553

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

I am not the same as an in-game GM. I am a volunteer to manage the forums. As for your assumptions that border on spreading rumors about how GMs communicate and what they are allowed and not allowed to say, I have no comment as I am not privy to such things. You are always free to PM Zanbee and ask her questions. The GMs don't sit in front of the computer all day. They work in an actual office where they do paperwork, reports, etc.

While what you've said makes sense, that they have paperwork and such occupying their time, I can't help but feel that a lot of hate/rumours would be nullified or redirected away from them if they could just come out with a statement at least daily as a reply to the forums, because whether or not they have the time to do so, I can say as someone who lurks the forums that reading the topics and never seeing a GM response promotes a feeling of abandonment and talking to a wall to the forum-goers.  If they really don't have the time, so be it, but that won't change that fact.

I'm sorry about my "assumptions that border on spreading rumors", I've gotten a bit jaded from reading the forums too much for my own good. : P

#71 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:04 AM

One of the major problems behind clarifying "whose decision it was" is that they can't exactly call out the Developers in Korea if it was their decision that causes a ruckus. Anyone remember HelVerdandi?

All our CMs can and should do is bide their time and try to come up with a compromise or resolution with all the feedback given by the community.

Edited by GuardianTK, 27 September 2013 - 08:05 AM.

#72 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

Ok, centralizing conversation into one topic. 

If you would like to continue the conversation, please post here:

--> http://forums.warppo...velopers/page-3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users