[Archived] Running Ragnarok Online on Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 - Page 8 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived] Running Ragnarok Online on Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
236 replies to this topic

#176 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

I have a problem. I installed RO and got past the patch process, where my problem is that I can't get past the Ragnarok Setup screen. No matter what res i put it at and click ok. The screen keeps popping back up. I have to go to the task manager to end the process to get the setup screen off my screen. I am using win 7 pro. Is this fixable? This is using Ragnarok. Using Ragnarok Classic I get the same problem except it doesn't show up in the processes list of the task manager and I have to restart the computer to get the setup screen off the screen. 

You must run the game as admin, otherwise windows won't let setup save your settings, causing the game to keep launching setup.

#177 TooLegit2Quit89

TooLegit2Quit89

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

Hey guys. I just installed RO the other day on my new laptop running windows 8.

Ive searched up the forum to try and get this working but have not found anything that has helped so far.

I am able to get the patching process done, but when I click start, the window is far too small to be able to see anything but a word or two. (ive provided screenshots) And no matter what I try I cannot resize it.

10dcfgg.jpg

I have also installed opensetup and I've checked all 3 setup options for screen resolutions. open setup has screen resolutions available to choose from but the other 2 that came with the game don't have any. I've tried everything but nothing seems to work..

2usetu8.jpg

I made sure my drivers were up to date, and installed them again just to make sure.

Its been a long time since I've played and if anyone can help me get this up and running that would be awesome! :)

#178 VolunteerMod09

VolunteerMod09

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 483 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:02 AM

Run Setup_Classic.exe and change resolution there. Hope it works.

#179 TooLegit2Quit89

TooLegit2Quit89

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:16 AM

Run Setup_Classic.exe and change resolution there. Hope it works.

that's the middle window in the 3 setups. it doesn't have anything in the screen resolution drop down menu

#180 DonKilluminati

DonKilluminati

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:24 AM

My friend can't start his Ragnarok 2 in windows7. after he click login, nothing happens.
how to fix this error?

#181 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

My friend can't start his Ragnarok 2 in windows7. after he click login, nothing happens.
how to fix this error?

Ask in the RO2 forums. This is for RO1. 

#182 wolf019

wolf019

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

PLEASE HELP

getting error that says:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: ragnarok.exe
  Application Version: 0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 45c98bb0
  Fault Module Name: ragnarok.exe
  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 45c98bb0
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 004d6000
  OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

#183 Senruika

Senruika

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:03 AM

how to fix this error, purple font on the screen?

Untitled.jpg

#184 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:58 AM

PLEASE HELP

getting error that says:

-cut-

If you're using avast or bitdefender as your anti virus software, try uninstalling them and then running RO. Those two caused that problem for me. Using nod32 atm and no problems. As for Senruika, no idea, never had that problem, looks kinda awesome tho. .-.

#185 antoniobg

antoniobg

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

hello can someone help me

I accidentally changed the resolution and now it does not give me the option of selecting any resolution and the game runs on a smalller window

how can i change it back to the bigger window?? i tried running the dxdiag command but did not give me the options

HELP PLEASE!!

#186 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:50 PM

hello can someone help me
I accidentally changed the resolution and now it does not give me the option of selecting any resolution and the game runs on a smalller window
how can i change it back to the bigger window?? i tried running the dxdiag command but did not give me the options
HELP PLEASE!!

Are you using Windows 8? If so, see the 6th post in this thread.

Edited by Axylus, 15 November 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#187 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

how to fix this error, purple font on the screen?

Untitled.jpg

Looks like your font renderer is injecting AA into ROs fonts. Are you using a non Cleartype font render such as GDI++, GDIPP, ezgdi or MacType? If so add ragexe.exe to the exclusion list in their settings or ini depending on which you are using.

#188 LaPwn

LaPwn

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

Hello. So, i got a new computer and decided to start playing RO again. Picked up a shiny new Toshiba Satellite C55-a laptop. It is running with Intel HD Graphics. So, to start off, i was having the d3d error. after forum browsing, i managed to get into the game running it in compatibility mode (as if its running Vista, which was the last OS i used to play just fine). Well, it seems really choppy, like low FPS. Also, if i remember, the F# keys are used to use skills, etc. All of my F keys control functions of the computer itself, like if i press f12 it turns my wifi off lol. Really would like to play but have been messing with this for hours now and getting really frustrated. Any help would be appreciated!

#189 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:32 AM

Hello. So, i got a new computer and decided to start playing RO again. Picked up a shiny new Toshiba Satellite C55-a laptop. It is running with Intel HD Graphics. So, to start off, i was having the d3d error. after forum browsing, i managed to get into the game running it in compatibility mode (as if its running Vista, which was the last OS i used to play just fine). Well, it seems really choppy, like low FPS. Also, if i remember, the F# keys are used to use skills, etc. All of my F keys control functions of the computer itself, like if i press f12 it turns my wifi off lol. Really would like to play but have been messing with this for hours now and getting really frustrated. Any help would be appreciated!

I don't know how to fix the low frame rate, but this page explains how you can make your function keys behave normally.

You could also change your key mappings for the first row of your shortcut bar items from F1–F9 to 1–9. You can make this change from the window that is opened by doing the following:
  • In the client, press alt-V to expand the "basic info" window if it is collapsed.
  • Press "option" (below the "basic info" window).
  • Press "shortcut configuration".

Edited by Axylus, 31 January 2014 - 07:02 AM.

#190 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:13 AM

Are you playing the game full screen? On Windows 8, full screen gets crap performance. Switch to windowed mode.

#191 LaPwn

LaPwn

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

Are you playing the game full screen? On Windows 8, full screen gets crap performance. Switch to windowed mode.

Ok. So all i gotta do is mess with the option.lua? alrighty ill try it and let ya know. if anything else goes wrong ill be back :) 

Edited by LaPwn, 01 February 2014 - 06:03 PM.

#192 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:38 AM

You should be able to do that even with Setup, assuming you run it as admin (assuming setup on your Win8 system can see the graphics options - otherwise, yeah, optioninfo.lua I think it was. The option for fullscreen should be obvious. ;-)

#193 mbresenio

mbresenio

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:14 AM

hi guys may you please help me solve this problem?? (picture of my problem.. below is the link)

https://www.facebook...&type=1

Edited by mbresenio, 25 February 2014 - 01:14 AM.

#194 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:38 AM

hi guys may you please help me solve this problem?? (picture of my problem.. below is the link)

https://www.facebook...&type=1

I can't access your picture. Please upload it to Imgur instead.

#195 2852131231094529850

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:25 PM

Guys... why my ragnarok is fail to open after patch client?? it happen after i see that patch client just like need to update... then i restart my ragnarok after that fail to open... it said "the procedure entry point defcps.uncompress could not be located in the dynamic link library cps.dll" what was that guy..  can someone help me. i want to play? :p_cry: :p_cry: :p_cry:

#196 Jezmin

Jezmin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationDiscord

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

Guys... why my ragnarok is fail to open after patch client?? it happen after i see that patch client just like need to update... then i restart my ragnarok after that fail to open... it said "the procedure entry point defcps.uncompress could not be located in the dynamic link library cps.dll" what was that guy..  can someone help me. i want to play? :p_cry: :p_cry: :p_cry:

same here.

#197 kucingila

kucingila

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 348 posts
  • LocationHidden in Biolab basement

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

Nah, everyone get the same problem atm, not just you. It was caused by the newest patch.

#198 DarkZeratoDoom

DarkZeratoDoom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:14 PM

2852131231094529850, on 27 Feb 2014 - 9:25 PM, said:snapback.png

Guys... why my ragnarok is fail to open after patch client?? it happen after i see that patch client just like need to update... then i restart my ragnarok after that fail to open... it said "the procedure entry point defcps.uncompress could not be located in the dynamic link library cps.dll" what was that guy..  can someone help me. i want to play?  :p_cry:  :p_cry:  :p_cry:

same here.

already solved your problem?

#199 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

http://forums.warppo...hing/?p=1708243

#200 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:notRO

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:42 AM

Ultimate,can you please add to this topic? Problems with setup.exe not working/not being able to resize screen.  I used the OptionInfo.lua in the Ragnarok Online/ savedata folder, opened with a text editor and changed the lines: OptionInfoList ["WIDTH"] and OptionInfoList ["HEIGHT"] for the screen resolution you are currently using, click save and close the text editor.

I thought I'd include it here as I couldn't find this solution on WP forums and its a fix for windows 7 and 8. And it works.  :p_smile:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users