sorry if wrong section dont know what this will go under. Help with quest - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

sorry if wrong section dont know what this will go under. Help with quest

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 oxykotton

oxykotton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

Yea apologize for wrong section. Not sure where this should be. Also apologize for this extremely noob and dumb question to ask but the hero quest persuing for traces how do you complete that? I presume going by the quest log all you do is kill the mobs in that area right? Well I've been doing that as well as the mission and it seems nothing drops. Spent like an hr on it and leveled up about 3 times or so. So i know I am doing something wrong bc I highly doubt such a newbie quest has that hard of a drop rate? Maybe im wrong though lol. So any help would appreciate thanks. I googled and searched everywhere and even did what the quest says but like I said I must be killing the wrong monsters or something. Im in the correct area as well. Windia Plains where John is at. Thank you again.

#2 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

http://ds.irowiki.or...uing_for_traces
Anyway kill the monsters with Q next to their name it should drop.

#3 oxykotton

oxykotton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

http://ds.irowiki.or...uing_for_traces
Anyway kill the monsters with Q next to their name it should drop.

Thanks but I can not see any mobs with the Q next to their name. Have no clue why I am having a problem lol. Usually games are straightfoward with the newbie quests that need to be done. However, either I am blind and killing the wrong mobs or something else. Is it it the same area where the npc john is at? I looked at that wiki and all it says is kill the mobs but that isn't much help? Any ss or anything else? If not i guess ill keep looking on my own but this is really bothering me and being annoying. I can't really believe that I am having such a problem on a lvl 1 quest lol.

#4 oxykotton

oxykotton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

Oh i think i figured out my answer but for some reason it won't let me talk to the npc. Going by this website. http://ggftw.com/for...uest-guide.html it says that red ? next to an npc means the quest is completed. However, it won't let me talk to the npc so does that mean it isn't completed yet? Really confused here.

#5 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

try inside windia plains mission

I haven't done it since they revamped the world.
If it's a monster inside of windia plains mission there will be a Q on the selection window

http://ds.irowiki.or...Missionmode.png

try talking to the town chief for finishing it.

#6 oxykotton

oxykotton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

try inside windia plains mission

I haven't done it since they revamped the world.
If it's a monster inside of windia plains mission there will be a Q on the selection window

http://ds.irowiki.or...Missionmode.png

try talking to the town chief for finishing it.

Kay thanks. i see some Qs on some of the missions but not sure if its for the hero quest or those adventurer quests. I guess ill do those since it wont hurt but still its extremely weird this is the first game that im having trouble with noobie quests lol. Hopefully those mission quests is the right one. If you get anymore info please let me know. Thanks.

#7 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

They changed alot of the noob content and they never seemed to have fixed it the wiki was made prior to the update because I had newbies and not many people help update it so I haven't updated the wiki accordingly.

If you update the wiki as you go I can give you some soul or Item Mall costumes which you can sell on market for gold and other items.

#8 oxykotton

oxykotton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:03 PM

They changed alot of the noob content and they never seemed to have fixed it the wiki was made prior to the update because I had newbies and not many people help update it so I haven't updated the wiki accordingly.

If you update the wiki as you go I can give you some soul or Item Mall costumes which you can sell on market for gold and other items.

Ha ha thanks and yea if I figure it out Ill update the wiki for sure.

#9 oxykotton

oxykotton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

http://i46.photobuck...tracesquest.png

Here is the screen shot of what the thing looks like. From what I am told red question mark means completed quest. However, it says i have 0/1 for the quest and no mobs near the npc with a Q mark on them. I done all the quests in the mission portal but as I expected those were for the adventure quests not the hero quests. I really hope someone would help because I want to finsih this. I would like to persue this game a bit furture since it seems pretty cool but it seems that I will not be able to get far in it if I am aunable to complete this quest. Any help would be greatful. Thank you.

#10 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:29 AM

I think you are on the wrong map or your client is not updated right

it should look like this

the npc placement of your client is the old npc placement.

Posted Image

Edited by Himeyasha, 05 May 2012 - 06:20 AM.

#11 oxykotton

oxykotton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:26 AM

I think you are on the wrong map or your client is not updated right

it should look like this

the npc placement of your client is the old npc placement.

Posted Image

Hmm ya I do see that is a different map. Hmm wonder where that is then? Not sure how I would get an old client since I just used the dl link off the website. Can you take a ss of map in Odellia where the entrence to that map is at? Tha should help me more. I went to the botton left one that takes you to the windia plains.

#12 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:37 AM

No your client isn't updated right

It's the bottom left in Odellia

You might have to reinstall.

Posted Image

Edited by Himeyasha, 05 May 2012 - 06:40 AM.

#13 oxykotton

oxykotton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

No your client isn't updated right

It's the bottom left in Odellia

You might have to reinstall.

wow that is so weird... First game that I played that allows you to play outdated games lol. I ill try reinstalling then and see what happens. This game seems like it has a lot of bugs in it lol.

#14 oxykotton

oxykotton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 07:25 AM

HAHA thanks Himeyasha! That was the problem. Fully updated now but that is so weird and not sure how I got an out dated version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users