Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

Bug Fixes
Corrected an issue with the Pie Crush portion of the Winter Events.
Corrected some dialog issues with Lero, to make him a little more friendly in showing what items he has to offer, regardless of having tickets on you or not.

Known bug
If you have two split stacks of the same item (usually occurs after turning in a quest and you had two stacks of the same item to turn in.) and are informed that you do not have enough of the item in order to turn in, you will want to consolidate the two stacks or at minimum, make sure the larger stack is put in to inventory first. What is happening is there is a minor issue, we will be fixing in the next patch, where when checking a player's inventory for an item condition, it will stop counting after the first item stack it encounters. This was caught very late in today's testing but is expected to be corrected by the next maintenance patch we do. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

#2 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Thanks for the update Leo! That second thing also happens with snow crystals during the Christmas event.

#3 NoobMeister

NoobMeister

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNear Storage

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Thanks Leo! Though my main focus is making sure the servers are working like they're supposed to, which hopefully today's maintenance should do the trick :)

#4 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Thanks for the update Leo! That second thing also happens with snow crystals during the Christmas event.

Yes, the bug would be with any item you can stack and turn in for a quest reward. I thought we had fixed this once before but its possible it may have become undone somehow along the years.

Thanks Leo! Though my main focus is making sure the servers are working like they're supposed to, which hopefully today's maintenance should do the trick :)

Oh, we certainly hope so! We're all anxious to find out but will be very, very sad if it doesn't take care of it as we currently hope. We're staying positive though. ;)

#5 onizuk4

onizuk4

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

got the support team now more time to work on tickets? iam waiting much days

#6 NoobMeister

NoobMeister

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • LocationNear Storage

Me too! Do let us know when it's up :D We wanna try and break it again with all the logging in and opening storage :rice:

Seriously though, I'm very hopeful.

Edited by NoobMeister, 10 January 2013 - 03:09 PM.

#7 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Keep thinking positive!!!!!!!!! :no1:

#8 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Servers are online and open for action! :D

GO GO GO!

#9 HitBoy889

HitBoy889

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

@Leonis, can you make the stacks in storage moveable like in char inventory?

#10 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

@Leonis, can you make the stacks in storage moveable like in char inventory?

Easier said than done. We want that feature too and are working towards it. There are just other things that take priority.

#11 AlanShires

AlanShires

Visitor Representative

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Just wondering, since the patch I am still having problems at the waiting screen, is anyone else?
Also I had a problem patching, for three hours the client would not connect and I couldnt get on warpportal. Also I got DC after only 15min of been online.

#12 Hedean

Hedean

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Easier said than done. We want that feature too and are working towards it. There are just other things that take priority.

in other words, we wont see that feature in few more years, if ever, looking at how slow you accomplish anything even correctly.(Yes, I'm criticizing you for a change.)

Perhaps you have to flip that table of priorities and you might actually make progress.

#13 xBlack

xBlack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

still stuck on waiting char .. what have been changed ? lol

#14 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Hehe. Silly gravity. Much more of this and funds are going to start dropping.

#15 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

So far it dont seem anything has changed still waiting so i cant comment on storage but if this is a fix its not cutting it

#16 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

Easiest and quickest solution is to make storage available via the website, it's a lot easier to code the sorting/movement in PHP. It's also nice to have a web interface for things like that, people can quickly check their storage without having to log into the game.

#17 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

nothing has been fixed~! NOTHING!

hmmm read the patch notes.... they didnt mention anything about the "waiting bug" so... does this mean that they haven't done anything to this annoying bug~~

Edited by kwayan19, 11 January 2013 - 03:59 AM.

#18 Saphin2

Saphin2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHowl's Moving Castle

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

where are the patch notes for this week???

#19 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

What patch notes? It's still running v454.

#20 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

They haven't done a patch yet this week.

#21 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

where are the patch notes for this week???

Hasturs maintenance announcement sticky needs to be amended.
http://forums.warppo...ntenance-times/

Few weeks ago, Leonis announced that maintenance would not happen every week.

"Maintenances are no longer a scheduled once a week event. We will announce when a maintenance will occur in as much advance as possible from now on. The scheduled weekly maintenance time forced a short development cycle that was interrupting our ability to keep a solid focus on a project and ultimately caused more delays in being able to produce game content. It is expected that updates and patches will be less frequent, but contain more or higher quality content updates, as we will be able to have a bit of extra time to polish the new content."

See his post here
http://forums.warppo...__fromsearch__1

#22 Saphin2

Saphin2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationHowl's Moving Castle

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Ah i understand now. Yes hastur's post still states that maintanance is 'every tuesday', again something misleading. gravity really needs to keep their forums updated more often. leonis' post was already a month ago!!!!

#23 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

Ah i understand now. Yes hastur's post still states that maintanance is 'every tuesday', again something misleading. gravity really needs to keep their forums updated more often. leonis' post was already a month ago!!!!

Yep, i nudged Leonis a few weeks ago about it.
Community Managers are immune from Mod tools, so unfortunately, I cant edit Hasturs post
and i dont think Leonis can edit it either. So all he can do is keep nudging Hastur.

Edit: I have sent Hastur a pm, linked him to the Leonis comment and requested he edits his maintenance sticky for us.

Edited by Naughty, 17 January 2013 - 05:02 AM.

#24 calder12

calder12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

In IPB admin (which I am assuming Leonis is) should be able to delete announcements unless someone thought it was a good idea to create a bunch of custom rulesets for users. So it's likely Leonis could drop that announcement and recreate it. If that isn't the case then it sounds like someone that is here often (ie Leonis or yourself) needs to be given permissions to create announcements.

To be honest the announcements are a bad idea for the most part anyway, I understand how they're not forum specific but a lot of people don't even notice them because of where they're placed. Stickies work better.

And again THAT being said... lol. I despise forums that sticky 20 topics. One directory type sticky then a few others with recent important information is all that's needed. This forum does seem to follow that logic so really just throwing that out there.

#25 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:40 AM

In IPB admin (which I am assuming Leonis is) should be able to delete announcements unless someone thought it was a good idea to create a bunch of custom rulesets for users. So it's likely Leonis could drop that announcement and recreate it. If that isn't the case then it sounds like someone that is here often (ie Leonis or yourself) needs to be given permissions to create announcements.

To be honest the announcements are a bad idea for the most part anyway, I understand how they're not forum specific but a lot of people don't even notice them because of where they're placed. Stickies work better.

And again THAT being said... lol. I despise forums that sticky 20 topics. One directory type sticky then a few others with recent important information is all that's needed. This forum does seem to follow that logic so really just throwing that out there.

Leonis is not set as a Community Manager.
He is set as a Community Moderator, so i would imagine his Mod abilities could be limited in some way.
If Leonis could have edited it, im sure when i first spoke with him, he would have edited it.
He told me at the time he needed to ask Hastur.

Due to the coming snow storm, im going into work earlier today. Better to be snowed in and stranded from mankind at work, than at home right?!...right 0.o
When i get the opportunity, i can message Oda and ask him, since like Hastur he is a Community Manager and may have the ability to edit Hasturs Topic.

Edit: Oda has been pmed.

Edit: Oda has edited the Maintenance announcement Topic.

Edited by Naughty, 17 January 2013 - 10:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users