#1 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

Please use this section to discuss any balance ideas you may have that you feel could help the class benefit from.

Keep in mind that we are not looking to create overpowered situations and not all suggestions will be considered valid if they are outside the design scope of the class.

#2 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

One thing I don't like in the clerics these days is that you have to choose to either be a buffer or an attacker. Even in lv230 you don't have enough SP to get the buffs and a decent attack skills or passives. In my opinion that should be easier to achieve. I'm not saying that a lv230 cleric should have enough SP to max all skills, but at least to get all them at a decent level.
Also I love the cleric stun AOE. It really helps the team in some cases, but 1sec duration is lame. I'd keep that in the new update if I could, reducing the damage (maybe?) and improving the time the enemies stay stunned, for like 4 secs.
And are we getting magic defense buff? I really miss it. Also maybe a better party heal.

I've read somewhere that clerics will be able to use buffs (not party ones) with any weapon. That is AWESOME and maybe we'll see some of those really fun dex clerics from iRose. I hope so!

And charming affecting buffs and heal? Well, I don't like the idea. But if implemented, don't let it be more important than INT.

#3 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 25 June 2013 - 06:38 AM

You're encouraged to actually log in on Pegasus and try out the update before posting feedback and suggestions (that have come about because of what you tested), rather than posting purely on speculation.

#4 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:08 AM

You're encouraged to actually log in on Pegasus and try out the update before posting feedback and suggestions (that have come about because of what you tested), rather than posting purely on speculation.

I posted SUGGESTIONS on the cleric new system. None of my words were an evaluation of the new system.

#5 KTFlash

KTFlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:36 PM

Why a buffer/supportive class should have a 4 second stun aoe? I don't see the connection.

Also, I have mana problems buffing and healing but I think that's cause I don't have the mana pasives yet, will post when I have these lvl'd up

#6 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

Why a buffer/supportive class should have a 4 second stun aoe? I don't see the connection.

Also, I have mana problems buffing and healing but I think that's cause I don't have the mana pasives yet, will post when I have these lvl'd up

Why a buffer/supportive class would have a stun is to get whatever might be pounding on them to stop enough for them to escape or for help to arrive. It's their own means of protection and pausing what's going on from a targeted source. As far as being a 4 second stun... not sure where you got that from.

#7 KTFlash

KTFlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

The dude wanted that in his feedback (though he didn't play Pega at all for what he said). Should have quoted, my bad.

Also, why max level bonfires lasts just 20 seconds at most?

#8 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

So far I have to say interesting. I don't have enough sp to get many skills to test them out yet. i want to see what happens by like 170-200. so much to choose from!

But seriously with so many buffs and all the cleric needs another skill bar. The buffs alone take up almost one bar. Then add in heals, food, purify, res, and any attack skills and you do not have any room. I know we have to pick and choose our skills but when fighting mobs or in pvp we will need fast access to so many of our skills. When timing is important it is really hard to tab back and forth on the one skill bar.

Hopefully Pegasus will be up this weekend so i can test more. Some of the skills are really interesting and I am really not sure what they do yet.

#9 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

The dude wanted that in his feedback (though he didn't play Pega at all for what he said). Should have quoted, my bad.

Also, why max level bonfires lasts just 20 seconds at most?

They shouldn't last that short, I'll have to see what's going on.

Bendersmom, Pegasus will be left online for the weekend to continue testing. I didn't get all the feedback I was hoping to across all the classes. :)

#10 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

I made a test with INT and CHA on cleric.
First: full INT.
Second: full CHA.
The results? Check for yourself (left full INT, right full CHA):
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

What about a balanced build?

This is where it gets interesting, because if you favor better buffs, you'll want more charm. But then you might have MP issues, unless you take an MP recovery passive or substitute it with equipment.

This, in a sense, is where a character build becomes important depending on what you wish for your role as a Cleric to be. :) But it is a wonderful contrast to see, thank you for taking the time to post this for everyone to see. :D

#12 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

What about a balanced build?

This is where it gets interesting, because if you favor better buffs, you'll want more charm. But then you might have MP issues, unless you take an MP recovery passive or substitute it with equipment.

This, in a sense, is where a character build becomes important depending on what you wish for your role as a Cleric to be. :) But it is a wonderful contrast to see, thank you for taking the time to post this for everyone to see. :D

I took screens with a balanced build, just didn't check the results.
I see that CHA is a nice addition to the buff system, but what about making it less important? I think it would be better balanced... and does CHA affect debuff skills?

#13 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:46 AM

I don't like having two sets of wand speed be a requirement for wand invigoration. That passive increases attack speed and the other increases skill damage, they can be used together, but they also could be used for two different builds. It's restricting my support build who casts the occasional offensive spell but doesn't normal attack because I have to invest in attack speed which doesn't help my skills.

Is it possible to make the skill require piercing, accuracy, and two damage passives and take out the attack speed requirement?

Edited by DoubleRose, 29 June 2013 - 03:49 AM.

#14 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:44 AM

I tried using Cure, which will get rid of 1 debuff, on myself when poisoned and it doesn't take it away. I tried using it on my summons and others in party as well and it will not remove poison. So I got Purify. Both are supposed to be 100% successful and neither will remove poison. In the live server purify removes poison.

I tried to get the Ice dragon and have all my summons maxed and summon master maxed but my max summon mastery is only giving me 70 and not the 75 that it should. 5x15=75 and mine is 70. everything is maxed so it should be 75. And ice dragon needs 75 summon bar and it doesn't go down as it
Nevermind, I am an idiot and didn't see the second summons mastery skill. Holy cow, we need so many sp to get a cool summons. How about we only get 2? Swords then the cool dragon!

Edited by Bendersmom, 30 June 2013 - 03:51 PM.

#15 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

I tried using Cure, which will get rid of 1 debuff, on myself when poisoned and it doesn't take it away. I tried using it on my summons and others in party as well and it will not remove poison. So I got Purify. Both are supposed to be 100% successful and neither will remove poison. In the live server purify removes poison.

I tried to get the Ice dragon and have all my summons maxed and summon master maxed but my max summon mastery is only giving me 70 and not the 75 that it should. 5x15=75 and mine is 70. everything is maxed so it should be 75. And ice dragon needs 75 summon bar and it doesn't go down as it levels up.

I maxed everything and I could summon it.

#16 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

I don't like having two sets of wand speed be a requirement for wand invigoration. That passive increases attack speed and the other increases skill damage, they can be used together, but they also could be used for two different builds. It's restricting my support build who casts the occasional offensive spell but doesn't normal attack because I have to invest in attack speed which doesn't help my skills.

Is it possible to make the skill require piercing, accuracy, and two damage passives and take out the attack speed requirement?

It's actually a good point, that the skill power shouldn't rely on attack speed. So I will remove that requirement for Clerics and it should help free up the choices between skill damage and attack speed builds.

#17 rodolfocm

rodolfocm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

I have a suggestion: could you change de color of the high level heal? I remember in iRose when you maxed the heal, it would turn blue, which was awesome!

And, Leonis, any chance you'll nerf the effect of CHA in heal and buffs or is it staying the way it is?

#18 GilGrissom

GilGrissom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:Draconis / Leonis

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

Let me summarize what I have noticed during testing:

Ice dragon: It has average strength and a good amount of health. Is it a low level dragon? Because it has a white color name, When the ice dragon is buffed its doing a great job. Though it costs alot of sp to get it - maybe not worth the sp's when you reach high level monsters above 175. The nice thing of any summon is that you can buff and heal it.

All the moving summons aren't always following and attacking immediatly. It is sometimes wondering around.

Sometimes there is a delay after using healing skill and retarget monster. It seems to be random, but mainly it happens when I use Integrity skill.

Dex Cleric is working with katars! At level 130 and a buffing cleric (lvl 130) with only CHA results in 831 Dodge. This is a good amount of dodge to survive quite alot.
The Dex cleric has enough acc to hit even pink colored name monsters. But the AP output is quite low and a summon is needed for the extra damage. With a buffed ice dragon the dex cleric is doing its job quite good. It also has a good amount of critical hits, even without crit-gear.
Maybe it is too soon to tell, but the dex cleric is kind of back. You can solo through different maps or work in a party and be a tank besides the soldier and hawker with your own heals and buffs.

2s8mck1.jpg

Heavenly grace (party heal) isn't working. At level 5 it also says level 4 amount of healing.

2n87grc.jpg

Mana shield is working good when you have enough mana (higher INT). At lower levels of INT the shield is gone in 2 hits.

It would be nice if characters get to 230 so we can test full skill builds. I wanted to try to make different builds, but this isn't possible when there aren't enough skill points.
The builds I want to try are: Dex Cleric, FS Cleric, Battle Cleric and War (healing) Cleric.
When do you want to test the skills on characters with level 230?

#19 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:14 AM

The biggest problem I am having is the skill bars.  There are too many skills (not complaining about too many skills though).  The buffs take up one whole bar.  And to be able to have all my other skills available I have to put it on the #2 bar and switch back and forth if I have to buff.  But then while buffing I can't use my F keys to heal, which is bad if being attacked.  

We have the #1 and #2 bar and then the alt bar.  since it is very hard to hit alt and an F key at the same time during a battle I usually keep my buffs on the alt bar with rev and party.  Then on my F #1 bar I have my heals, attacks, food, etc.  

But now with all the new skills the buffs take up one whole bar so if I put them all on the alt bar I don't have enough room on the #1 bar for heals, mana shield, mute, puri, sleep, sleep tornado thing, food, rev, etc.  And it will take a long time to go between #1 and #2 bar to get to the skills during a battle.

I know that the buffs last longer now, but not when ppl die.  I am trying to set up my bar for CD and stuff and I just can't figure out a good way to do it.  

Anyone have a great set up?  Any ideas?  I keep trying all the different bars and different combinations.  Just thought I would get other views.

#20 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:09 AM

If you put your chat in enter mode on the system options, then you can just use the number keys for your alt bar. The downside is, you have to make sure your cursor is flashing on any chat.

#21 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Slothnessmonst1
  • LocationBrisbane / QLD / Australia (GMT+10)
  • Server:There can be only one :D

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:02 AM

from what im seeing with the int/charm stats (iv only been playing round with stats n sp points for the moment) is the F/S Cleric stats will become more like a bourgs (as far as I know) where your going to want enough int to handle your appropriate lvl's wand then smash the rest into charm?? anyone else seeing this im finding the best "bonuses" in this instance then I am with half half and full stat style builds.

on a side note any chance of a way to toggle how many stat pts we can put in at once this spaming is killing me hhahaha :P

#22 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

I have a suggestion: could you change de color of the high level heal? I remember in iRose when you maxed the heal, it would turn blue, which was awesome!

And, Leonis, any chance you'll nerf the effect of CHA in heal and buffs or is it staying the way it is?

So far, I've seen few reasons of impacting nature to reduce it. Most times, I've adjusted the status effect itself, but the nature of how Charm works is keeping up to my expectations thus far.

As for the color of heals, its not impossible, but I'd like to focus a bit more on the game play first. :)

Let me summarize what I have noticed during testing:

Ice dragon: It has average strength and a good amount of health. Is it a low level dragon? Because it has a white color name, When the ice dragon is buffed its doing a great job. Though it costs alot of sp to get it - maybe not worth the sp's when you reach high level monsters above 175. The nice thing of any summon is that you can buff and heal it.

All the moving summons aren't always following and attacking immediatly. It is sometimes wondering around.

Sometimes there is a delay after using healing skill and retarget monster. It seems to be random, but mainly it happens when I use Integrity skill.

Mana shield is working good when you have enough mana (higher INT). At lower levels of INT the shield is gone in 2 hits.

It would be nice if characters get to 230 so we can test full skill builds. I wanted to try to make different builds, but this isn't possible when there aren't enough skill points.
The builds I want to try are: Dex Cleric, FS Cleric, Battle Cleric and War (healing) Cleric.
When do you want to test the skills on characters with level 230?

Summon levels are a bit of a bug right now, should be fixed in next patch if not soon. They should be matching your level and showing up as a yellow monster to you once summoned. They are intended to adopt the same level as their summoner, so opponent players can see approximately the level range they're dealing with.

The responsiveness of summons is still something we're struggling with, with their Ai, but will be working on that in the future as it is not technically part of the skill update.

There are reported odd delays with skill use from one to another and we're speculating that it is more because Pegasus is an older server and taking on the load of all tasks needed to run, unlike the live servers which there is a dedicated server for each performing function to run the game.

If the Mana shield protects you for a couple hits, even at low levels, it did its job. It isn't intended to be a perfect survival tool, just a boost to help you survive better.

There will be a PvP test period, Phase 3, where I will push everyone up to level 200, but not 230. Putting everyone at 230 would kind of ruin a bit of the fun and surprises to what you can do at end game, for those who may not have access to one, but for those who do, leaves a bit of anticipation to what they could do with the extra 30 skill points in the end. :) It also forces a bit of creativity to see how everyone makes a build to counteract or plan strategy against one another, while being relatively on the same footing. During this phase, experience on monsters will be reduced to 50% of normal to discourage leveling, but I won't stop you from trying if you really want that 'edge' of a level in the PvP atmosphere.

Phase 3 is going to be started for this coming 4th of July weekend. We're hoping the long weekend will allow for many players to be able to participate.

#23 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

from what im seeing with the int/charm stats (iv only been playing round with stats n sp points for the moment) is the F/S Cleric stats will become more like a bourgs (as far as I know) where your going to want enough int to handle your appropriate lvl's wand then smash the rest into charm?? anyone else seeing this im finding the best "bonuses" in this instance then I am with half half and full stat style builds.

on a side note any chance of a way to toggle how many stat pts we can put in at once this spaming is killing me hhahaha :P

It's been giving us all sore wrists and fingers! It'll be looked at as a feature to allow for multiple stat allocation in the future, but nothing we'll be able to get out for this update.

My tip on how I've been surviving better is, when you mouse click, click both the left and right mouse buttons (if you have them). It speeds up allocation quite a bit.

#24 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Slothnessmonst1
  • LocationBrisbane / QLD / Australia (GMT+10)
  • Server:There can be only one :D

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

oohh thanks for that tip leo never thought of that :) and yes that would be a great addition in the future

#25 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

heavenly grace isnt working also party integrity has stronger healing power compared to heavenly grace

can you decrease the number of heal skills~ they're too many

Edited by kwayan19, 04 July 2013 - 02:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users