What happened to simple jewelry - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What happened to simple jewelry

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 painser

painser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:18 PM

What happened to the simple jewelry !? First they were dropping pretty much everywhere but since this patch i never saw one...
The only thing in the patch telling us about drops is:

Drop Changes
All items that are sold by an NPC have been removed from the drop tables.

Have checked all the jewelry NPC's in Junon, but no one is selling them?
I have checked several mobs in eldeon in prison and ruins where they were dropping tehm before this patch.
Also checked orlo at a few mobs in ruins wasteland path, but same there.
Did they accidentally removed them, while they aren't for sell at the NPC's? Can we plz have them back quick, because i finally
want to craft my jewels and put my hard earned self crafted gems in them!

#2 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:both

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:29 PM

My opinion is yes they were removed because I have not seen one drop since then either. I've been playing many characters from level 1 to level 220 and haven't seen 1. I asked this same question with like 3 replies, none of which anyone could confirm for fact they are currently dropping. Some assumptions (because supposedly there was a rumor) were that you have to kill some green (almost blue) mobs to get them, but I tried that for several hours with no results. Another person said they have been falling in Orlo but there is no way that is the case either, or I am just seriously unlucky. They need to come back so I can burn up these ores and spiritual stones from my inventory.

#3 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

calanor said something about a jewelery change next week...

#4 painser

painser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:41 PM

Hmmm, what kind of jewelry change, are we getting the new pvp items?

#5 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:27 PM

The change with the simple accessories is suppose to happen, but wasn't or shouldn't have been part of the last patch.
They will be put into the shops and possibly removed from the drop system all together.

The jewelry changes were delayed as I an Leonis the two working on them were out of the office this week, so it delayed some stuff.
I will work on getting some specifics out on timelines first part of the week.

Jewelry Design Basics

We wanted to create sets, one of the things that we think plays well with the set bonus system and also allows us to separate between NPC Sold and NPC Drop or Crafted Jewelry.
NPC's will sell jewelry for the early stages of play (through 100), everything past that will be monster Drop/Crafted/PvP Point based (Sorry I am a bit jet lagged, and can't remember Valour vs Honor).

There is a lot of "New" jewelry going in when we get it all done, most of it is filling out sets for NPC Sold items.
We are also filling out more of the PvP and Crafting Items (Adding set bonuses to them).

I will say that there is some rescaling of the stats on some of the items.
We tried to keep them or move them to the right level range so the bonuses are there.
And yes the jewelry will all have level requirements set for them, to prevent early level tweaking.

The biggest change that I noticed is the CRIT values being lowered, that is probably going to be the most shocking change, and I hope you understand that we are looking at balancing Jewelry for the long term, so there is other things that will help make sense of the changes in the coming months.

One of the issues the Senate has brought up and something that really stands out when we talk about Gem value is the base stats and how they add value (and some that just don't add much value CHARM).
This is something that we want to work on, but it will be after the Jewelry changes, which means current market value and player desire maybe a little different than the scales you will see.

Crafting and Union Jewelry will keep the same dynamic and flow to them, and we are planning to add more sets with future updates to help increase values for Crafting.
NPC Jewelry will not be sold past 75 basically the last set available.
Monster Dropped Jewelry is being designed for Boss and King or Raid rewards, and they will follow a state offering that is fitting for PvM but will not be the same options available in Crafting or Union Jewelry.
Union Jewelry will have the same basics that they do now just scaling changes and level requirements set to them.

Again if any of this is confusing, know that I am not 100% mentally here ^_^ and will provide more information once we set a date, at which point I will post the changes publicly so you can see what is new, what changed and tell us we are wonderful or otherwise!

#6 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

Interested in seeing come use in charm and crit.

#7 Labeastly

Labeastly

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

very nice to see some good ideas coming into play and some nice new stuff coming. hopefully this will be the start of alot of retired rose players coming back into the game. and alot of new players coming aswell. something i would like to see is something for new players. that when a new rosarian comes into the game for the first time after a couple hours there is a Desire to continue. something that can hook new peeps into the game. cause i have seen countless players drop the games once they get to 40-50's. cause they get bored. this game needs a good hook like the beginning of a great intro to a book.

#8 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 21 October 2011 - 10:49 PM

Have to say this is exciting! Look forward to seeing these changes, and having some decent drops out of bosses aside from the medals. (Which would be better if the bosses ONLY drop ledgendary and not 20 types of blues for 20 armor peices). I look forward to seeing the scaling of jelwry, tho rather scared to see what level requirement you might put onto ruby set for artisans. Would be most interesting if you add the Hiria's Tear peices. Also i totally missed being able to farm Asterot king for Full moon peices, (and moon bro/sis) it will be nice when / if many bosses have meaning again.

Have to say regarding crit, and lowering it: it was sad when you took dex away from attack clerics, and tank clerics. and again when you changed how crit worked so that it mainly blocked crit attacks instead of being able to use sen / crit to PVM. - sorry i dont pvp but mainly pvm, and i miss the crit / sen on battle clerics and borgs greatly. Seeing it further nerfed, well, guess if it has now become a useless stat, it doesnt matter too much.... guess i miss the former crit system.

Im totally looking forward to seeing how charm gets to be utilized in the future. (hords my 7xx bags of candy and grab bags):waddle:

#9 painser

painser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:33 AM

@ Calanor, if I understand well, there will be no new jewelry, but they are going to be adjusted/balanced.
By adding bonusses on jewelry sets, changing the lvl requirements and change some stats on the jewels we got now?

#10 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:17 AM

The change with the simple accessories is suppose to happen, but wasn't or shouldn't have been part of the last patch.
They will be put into the shops and possibly removed from the drop system all together.

The jewelry changes were delayed as I an Leonis the two working on them were out of the office this week, so it delayed some stuff.
I will work on getting some specifics out on timelines first part of the week.

Jewelry Design Basics

We wanted to create sets, one of the things that we think plays well with the set bonus system and also allows us to separate between NPC Sold and NPC Drop or Crafted Jewelry.
NPC's will sell jewelry for the early stages of play (through 100), everything past that will be monster Drop/Crafted/PvP Point based (Sorry I am a bit jet lagged, and can't remember Valour vs Honor).

There is a lot of "New" jewelry going in when we get it all done, most of it is filling out sets for NPC Sold items.
We are also filling out more of the PvP and Crafting Items (Adding set bonuses to them).

I will say that there is some rescaling of the stats on some of the items.
We tried to keep them or move them to the right level range so the bonuses are there.
And yes the jewelry will all have level requirements set for them, to prevent early level tweaking.

The biggest change that I noticed is the CRIT values being lowered, that is probably going to be the most shocking change, and I hope you understand that we are looking at balancing Jewelry for the long term, so there is other things that will help make sense of the changes in the coming months.

One of the issues the Senate has brought up and something that really stands out when we talk about Gem value is the base stats and how they add value (and some that just don't add much value CHARM).
This is something that we want to work on, but it will be after the Jewelry changes, which means current market value and player desire maybe a little different than the scales you will see.

Crafting and Union Jewelry will keep the same dynamic and flow to them, and we are planning to add more sets with future updates to help increase values for Crafting.
NPC Jewelry will not be sold past 75 basically the last set available.
Monster Dropped Jewelry is being designed for Boss and King or Raid rewards, and they will follow a state offering that is fitting for PvM but will not be the same options available in Crafting or Union Jewelry.
Union Jewelry will have the same basics that they do now just scaling changes and level requirements set to them.

Again if any of this is confusing, know that I am not 100% mentally here ^_^ and will provide more information once we set a date, at which point I will post the changes publicly so you can see what is new, what changed and tell us we are wonderful or otherwise!

#11 LordArthas

LordArthas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationInto the blue...
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:22 AM

Not trying to be negative and all but i have a bad feeling about this. Having a couple lava sets (with junon ring) with D7, 2 UW sets and a dodge set i would be pissed to have to remake my entire jewelry sets if the changes in stats are drastic.
The level requirements might be an issue too (though i have only a char under 220) and i read (between the lines) that no more UW sets for chars lower than 75 at least. Could help balancing the game i admit but for artisans (for instance) it would have a double (bad) impact: slower leveling (soloing is bad enough for that class) and big loss of con for crafting.
Anyway i wont jump into conclusions without further details and give them the benefit of the doubt. As long as it's not another durability update fiasco, there's hope. :waddle:

Edited by LordArthas, 22 October 2011 - 11:44 AM.

#12 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:15 PM

What happened to the simple jewelry !? First they were dropping pretty much everywhere but since this patch i never saw one...
The only thing in the patch telling us about drops is:

Drop Changes
All items that are sold by an NPC have been removed from the drop tables.

Have checked all the jewelry NPC's in Junon, but no one is selling them?
I have checked several mobs in eldeon in prison and ruins where they were dropping tehm before this patch.
Also checked orlo at a few mobs in ruins wasteland path, but same there.
Did they accidentally removed them, while they aren't for sell at the NPC's? Can we plz have them back quick, because i finally
want to craft my jewels and put my hard earned self crafted gems in them!

yet another thing bad in the life of a ROSE artisan i guess :waddle:

#13 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:26 PM

@ Calanor, if I understand well, there will be no new jewelry, but they are going to be adjusted/balanced.
By adding bonusses on jewelry sets, changing the lvl requirements and change some stats on the jewels we got now?

You skimmed didn't you ;-)
I did say there would be new, but in the designs of filling out sets.

yet another thing bad in the life of a ROSE artisan i guess :waddle:

You should read the post I made as it addresses this and is part of a plan.

#14 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:31 AM

given, i would be upset too at having to remake my jewlery, but i think i would hold out untill all changes are completed before jumping in and making assumptions about those changes. And they have proven in recent months, as well as long term thru the games history that they continually make changes in base game play, causing us to remake our sets, jewelery and so on. ( i think thats what they give max level chars, so thety have something to work towards in lieu of game content. NOT that most games offer huge end game content or new maps and such, much more than 1x per year anyhow).

I am hoping that they are going to put in the Hiria's Tear peices, as full sets. in the compendium (http://rose.kuro-tej....php?m=30&i=172) they show int / con / dex, etc peices that are 30 / 35 / 40 stats for levels 210 / 215 / 220. and it would be terriffic if they completed those sets (shows necklaces existing in the database, only, so far). And i think if they released those peices as level 200 - 220 peices, it would be worth having a maxed 220 artisan, to use them!
Here's Hoping! :waddle: those would definatly be worth some hard raid work to acheive! (double the stat of the uw jewelery, tho could do without the charm 60 2nd stat unless they make charm worthwhile! )

#15 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:36 AM

I remember the gem update that all but killed gem crafting for a while. This is more tinkering instead of adjusting our current stuff intoduce a new tier of jewelry. Some is already in the client but not used, but really is this important when no new content has been added since orlo2 11 months ago.

#16 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:09 AM

Not trying to be negative and all but i have a bad feeling about this. Having a couple lava sets (with junon ring) with D7, 2 UW sets and a dodge set i would be pissed to have to remake my entire jewelry sets if the changes in stats are drastic.
The level requirements might be an issue too (though i have only a char under 220) and i read (between the lines) that no more UW sets for chars lower than 75 at least. Could help balancing the game i admit but for artisans (for instance) it would have a double (bad) impact: slower leveling (soloing is bad enough for that class) and big loss of con for crafting.
Anyway i wont jump into conclusions without further details and give them the benefit of the doubt. As long as it's not another durability update fiasco, there's hope. :waddle:

My perception of Calanor's post is that the more of a set you have,the more bonus stats that will come to that set. Kind of the way the items in the lucky spin work where the more items of a set you have, the more stats that are added each time you match an item to the set. For instance; Union set, you have just the ring [+2% Accuracy], then you get the necklace [+2% AP] then you get the earring [+3% movment speed] or something to that effect. Then the jewelry is also going to be tweaked so you can't use an AP 100 ring at level 1 but it will now be level 140, or whatever. Of course, this is complete speculation but that's kinda how I perceived it. :D

As far as under level 100 and an artisan and leveling, I feel Arti's are one of the most powerful, if not, the most powerful class getting to 100. Buff those summons and leveling is out of control fast. Low level crafters blow and I don't see anyone going to take a serious hit when they can't craft anything decent at level 80 or 100 as it is now. Let's face it, most of us who have an arti of high level did an offensive or defensive build until they got to the level they desired then just threw a skill reset on it to switch completely over to craft.

#17 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:09 AM

You should read the post I made as it addresses this and is part of a plan.

They have a plan!!!

#18 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:56 AM

This was my concern too as I read Calanors post.

#19 LordArthas

LordArthas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • LocationInto the blue...

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:03 AM

My perception of Calanor's post is that the more of a set you have,the more bonus stats that will come to that set. Kind of the way the items in the lucky spin work where the more items of a set you have, the more stats that are added each time you match an item to the set. For instance; Union set, you have just the ring [+2% Accuracy], then you get the necklace [+2% AP] then you get the earring [+3% movment speed] or something to that effect. Then the jewelry is also going to be tweaked so you can't use an AP 100 ring at level 1 but it will now be level 140, or whatever. Of course, this is complete speculation but that's kinda how I perceived it. :D

As far as under level 100 and an artisan and leveling, I feel Arti's are one of the most powerful, if not, the most powerful class getting to 100. Buff those summons and leveling is out of control fast. Low level crafters blow and I don't see anyone going to take a serious hit when they can't craft anything decent at level 80 or 100 as it is now. Let's face it, most of us who have an arti of high level did an offensive or defensive build until they got to the level they desired then just threw a skill reset on it to switch completely over to craft.

The benefits of sets would be very nice indeed. As long as all sets get some - i will remember you that so far ingame armors are mostly excluded of it, only the UW sets add some stats - i am all for this idea. The scaling is one of my concerns not really as a player who needs to level (i "remade" my artisan just to fight boredom) since (almost) all my chars are max level. Of course without having a clear idea of the available options we can, like you stated, only speculate and it will lead us nowhere. I just wanted to point a few concerns i know i am not the only one to have.
The latest tweaks in jewelry weren't exactly a sucess were they? The price of deathblows speaks for himself. Then again it could be a matter of what map/monster drops it, but one thing is certain we often see this pattern: a few months some drops are way too much, then they vanished. I could name jewelry, schematics and so many more as you know. On the paper this looks as a potential good idea. Let's see how it is implemented. Durability change must have looked great on the paper too :waddle:
I agree with the second part of your statement. Artisans level to max, reset and eventually starts to craft. It is indeed easy enough below 100 (at least for those who can use the weapon i use. For a real new player i doubt it would be a walk in the park. But then, maybe artisans are meant to be your 2nd or 3rd character only - raise cash to fund one before making it seems to be the general procedure. Question is: shouldnt the game allow a player to start that class as a main character and actually make it possible to "survive" in the world of Rose? Answer is obvious, but i have doubts it works that way.
One fact is certain: the upcoming days should be interesting. Those Hiria's Tear pieces i read about in this thread looks appealing. I certainly wouldnt mind having those in game.
Last tought: i have a feeling jewelry will be sold in mall too. It's almost unavoidable isn't it?

Edited by LordArthas, 23 October 2011 - 10:06 AM.

#20 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:16 PM

so crit is being nerfed good or bad??? hmmmm....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users