Sea of Dawn! Coming to you in the near future. - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Sea of Dawn! Coming to you in the near future.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

With the recent thread that Calanor posted about the plans for the summer of 2012, we are going to have a new instance for the level range of 160-190 called: Sea of Dawn.

Here is the story lowdown...

Eons before the Magic City of the Eucar was founded, the Shamanist ways dominated Luna. The Shamanist Council of Moon Pastors faithfully worshipped the gentle and benevolent goddess Luna. In return, she entrusted them with wisdom and power well beyond mortal means. It was a time of unparalleled peace and prosperity as the shamans governed the planet in accordance with Luna’s tenets of love.

This long forgotten age ended when Laguz, one of the most respected and charismatic Moon Pastors, stumbled upon the esoteric Teiwaz Doctrine. The teachings of the Teiwaz included dark and powerful magic with powers of limitless control and corruption. As Laguz studied this, his heart began to twist and his compassion faded. It was then that Hebarn began to whisper sweetly to him, cultivating the darkness within Laguz and bending the formidable shaman to his own malevolent will.

It was too late when the other Moon Pastors recognized Laguz for what he was, a dangerous madman and heretic of the highest magnitude. Wielding his new dark powers, Laguz was able to corrupt many of his fellow shamans. Those who resisted were quickly slain, and soon there was no one to stand in his way. Empowered by the Teiwaz Doctrine and carefully guided by the hand of Hebarn himself, Laguz was able to seal the goddess Luna deep within the Sea of Dawn. Thus began the age of the Dark Shamans.
Many generations later, the fortress of Eucar would witness the ultimate fall of the Dark Shamans and the rise of the Arumics who would usher in the modern age of Luna. Despite their great magical prowess, even they could not reverse Laguz’s dark and ancient spell. It seemed as though the goddess Luna would be lost to her people for all time. Brave warriors have attempted to cross through to the Sea of Dawn but all have failed. From the tip of Mt. Eruca, the icy prison can just barely be seen in the distance, but the ancient path has long since been lost – that is, until the age of the Visitors. Blessed by the goddess Arua and charged with the task of freeing her long lost sister goddess, the immortal Visitors have tapped into the power of the icy planet to bridge the path to the Sea of Dawn. The goddess Luna has waited patiently for many years: will you be the one to free her from her icy prison and release her from her unbearable sadness?

---

With the addition of Sea of Dawn, there will be new monsters, new pets, and the adding of Sea of Dawn into a GA map.

Here is a teaser of one of the new monsters! Be on the lookout for more sneak peeks!

Spoiler

#2 Howie

Howie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

:o

Awesome! Backstory and content. I like it :)

#3 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

+1
Can't press the button on my phone! Awesome finally some PvM content coming up!

#4 BoRnToKoS

BoRnToKoS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

Yeaaaaaah niiiice :D

#5 CrazyLegs

CrazyLegs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

Yaaaaayy!!!!

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

Like I said in a post some time ago improvments are coming our way. Just wait for them. Next comment will be about bugs no doubt. Consider adding clan wars to ga if a fix is found

#7 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • LocationMEnTal iNstItUtiOn

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

Like I said in a post some time ago improvments are coming our way. Just wait for them. Next comment will be about bugs no doubt. Consider adding clan wars to ga if a fix is found

I was really hoping to see the San Bushman Clicking language update... figured a language update was pretty darn important...

Back on topic... I think it's great that there is becoming more and more PvM updates... I think that is vital... however... will there be anything geared toward the solo player??? (Sorry... thats the way I have played since 2007 and personally... can't seem to find any decent players to party with... most are just annoying jerks that I find... and that ruins my fun so I just play solo...)

Also.. don't get me wrong.. I'm not bashing this update at all.... I think anything PvM is good... just that instances are geared toward parties...

Edited by TruPain, 21 June 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#8 calaaniwygen

calaaniwygen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

Sounds like it is going to fix a gap that has needed to be plugged for a while! Great backstory, can't wait to take my noobies there. :D

#9 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

MORE MAPS FOR GA, ELDEON, LUNA, ORLO CAVES, WE NEED MORE VARIETY! porafavor!

#10 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts
  • LocationMy own little world

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

Whoa, awesome! I've often looked at the map of Luna and wondered if I'd ever get a chance to explore the mysterious Sea of Dawn. My favorite planet--cannot wait! :yawn:

#11 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

Can't you guys just create hard modes for the instances so that lv220 players can do them as well?

#12 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

Can't you guys just create hard modes for the instances so that lv220 players can do them as well?

No lol

#13 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

Do you think some time in the near future, talking about 4 months to a year, that their might possibly be more available maps for WAR type games like GA and old UW?

The same old map get's boring at times, especially if it favors a ranged class or a up close class, so I think having a variety of maps to accustom to certain classes would be fun

Such as a jungle map in eldeon where up close classes such as raiders, champs, and mages can fight face to face with no objects in the way?

Or in luna, a mountain map where scouts, bourgs and artis can snipe each other?

Or another GA map similar to tg, where it's plain open and has mini towers and all classes have a place to belong?

Something to bring a little bit more excitement and new feeling, not that their is anything wrong with the current GA map, but maybe something to spark it up a bit, put those other planets to use!

I suggest a maze map in orlo with tight corners, that would be fun! You would always have to be on guard!

#14 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

No lol

Your argument is invalid since it doesn't contain an argument.

#15 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:27 PM

new content after so many years! hope its not buggy :P

#16 Kermaperuna

Kermaperuna

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 1073 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:04 AM

Will the common GA bugs and glitches be fixed before this Sea of Dawn arrives?

#17 Kaitami

Kaitami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around the corner.

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:40 AM

yay! something to do after Ulverick! another reason to have another noob character! XP

#18 SabbyYo

SabbyYo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

Do you think some time in the near future, talking about 4 months to a year, that their might possibly be more available maps for WAR type games like GA and old UW?

The same old map get's boring at times, especially if it favors a ranged class or a up close class, so I think having a variety of maps to accustom to certain classes would be fun

Such as a jungle map in eldeon where up close classes such as raiders, champs, and mages can fight face to face with no objects in the way?

Or in luna, a mountain map where scouts, bourgs and artis can snipe each other?

Or another GA map similar to tg, where it's plain open and has mini towers and all classes have a place to belong?

Something to bring a little bit more excitement and new feeling, not that their is anything wrong with the current GA map, but maybe something to spark it up a bit, put those other planets to use!

I suggest a maze map in orlo with tight corners, that would be fun! You would always have to be on guard!

+1 :D
an expansion of GA and other pvp would be awesome

#19 ShadowF0X

ShadowF0X

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationSunny England
  • Server:Draconics

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:05 AM

Very Very Nice, Glad to see some PvM content is being added, is this gonna go to Pegasus before going live?

#20 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:54 AM

Your argument is invalid since it doesn't contain an argument.

Me : No
Imaginary friend: Yes
Me : No

Final Answer = No & it contains an argument

#21 KaranXVampire

KaranXVampire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationEarth o-o mabey space
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:57 AM

Really good back story its got me all gitty for the new area hopely it hits up to being really good :ani_meow:

#22 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

Will the common GA bugs and glitches be fixed before this Sea of Dawn arrives?

We're hoping!

MORE MAPS FOR GA, ELDEON, LUNA, ORLO CAVES, WE NEED MORE VARIETY! porafavor!

I refer you to here. Here!

#23 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:31 AM

It is something we are already considering, just not on the plans right now.

#24 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:19 AM

Whoa. That is all.

#25 nikst3r

nikst3r