#1 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

Why are they not working on Saturday--the most active day of the week? First with Classic WoE not starting properly, then Renewal. Both times nothing was done because no GMs (or at least not the right ones) were around to fix it. Seems like pretty poor planning to me.

This Saturday are there going to be GMs around in case WoE decides to not work again, or are we going to be SOL again?

#2 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Probably because the holidays were close to this Saturday? I can't say much for next saturday, though.

#3 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:lol

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Probably because the holidays were close to this Saturday? I can't say much for next saturday, though.

There's no excuse, though. They said we'd need an emergency maintenance to fix WoE and that "couldn't happen", yet later in the night we have an emergency maintenance for something irrelevant that wasn't even FIXED like it was supposed to be.

#4 frohzn

frohzn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 876 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

the merge was a bad idea to do between xmas and new year

Edited by frohzn, 24 December 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#5 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

I worked the weekend, must be nice to get the holiday weekend off isn't?

#6 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

There's no excuse, though. They said we'd need an emergency maintenance to fix WoE and that "couldn't happen", yet later in the night we have an emergency maintenance for something irrelevant that wasn't even FIXED like it was supposed to be.

Yeah that was a bit ridiculous. There are probably certain GMs that can fix something like WoE, though. Either way, they should be working DURING WoE times. I don't understand why they wouldn't be. Isn't WoE like the biggest aspect of this game?

And I was under the impression we had certain WoE time slots because of GM availability. Guess not. =s

#7 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

Baffles me how they staff this game.

When I was in highschool, I worked at a movie theater. I did not have saturday off. In fact, saturday was the day of the week that had the most staff. Why? Because it was the most important day of the week to the customers. You'd think they'd give woe bug gm mondays off and make them work saturday or something, instead.

#8 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Baffles me how they staff this game.

^

#9 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

I understand a skeleton crew on major holidays like Christmas, but weekends? Really? RO is a game. Entertainment. Entertainment venues NEED to be available in full capacity (more than weekdays in fact!) on weekends. This is why movie theaters as stated, McDonald's, Best Buy, Seven Eleven-- or any other business that isn't run in a crappy way has a full staff on weekends-- because their customers have the most free time to use their service on those days so it is the prime time to do business well.

Edited by Jaye, 24 December 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#10 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

You would think by now they would realize that a lot of the population only logs on for WoE or WoE related reasons and most of the drama is WoE related. So one would think that it would be smart to have staff around during WoE.

But I don't think gravity knows how to be smart. I think they purposely set the bar super low so people will be in utter shock if anything really does happen out of the normal.

#11 ahboy01

ahboy01

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Worst Christmas event ever -.-

#12 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

Worst Christmas event ever -.-

Posted Image

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 25 December 2012 - 12:24 AM.

#13 Brenson

Brenson

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

myself, most of my friends and my family that work in a position of authority still check their work email when we go on vacaction. if we didn't, how could we be sure that things wouldn't fall a part? don't get me wrong, we obviously delegate, but we're still responsible. btw, i don't mean we check everyday, that would be crazy, but at least a few times a week. i don't know anyone at all that completely shuts themselves off from their responsibilities while on vacation.

#14 NerfSuras

NerfSuras

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

I'm telling you we need new management instead of thes guys that for one don't know how to make the most out of the game and show some concern for their customers.

Honestly why add such a bad lucky box. YOU KNOW YOU WILL LOSE MONEY WITH THIS WHY NOT CHANGE IT.

#15 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

http://www.warpportal.com/careers.aspx apply

#16 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

I'm telling you we need new management instead of thes guys that for one don't know how to make the most out of the game and show some concern for their customers.

Honestly why add such a bad lucky box. YOU KNOW YOU WILL LOSE MONEY WITH THIS WHY NOT CHANGE IT.

idk I don't think they're horrible. They show the customers pretty good concern i'd say. Can't listen to EVERYTHING a customer wants. Customers are stupid. I've worked in sales..i know.
idk what lucky box has to do with this, but alright.

I understand they are busy, understaffed, and try, but I'm just saying it makes no sense to not have the right people on the most active day of the week. =s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users