Please people do not buy... - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Please people do not buy...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9785 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Dead branches... or any otehr commonly botted goods for that matter...while DBs are fun and whatnot if you go to any of the elder willows maps you will find a zillion bots roaming around ... the bot problem has gotten out of control in rapid fashion... the easiest way for us tocurb some of these activities is to boycot all these goods... if you want DBs to play with please hunt them yourselves... while sending in tickets it the primary option for getting rid of botters 1) they come right back and 2) there are far too many bots to get screen shots of or even names descriptions ect... literally dozens and dozens of bots are roaming the fields currently... if you see anybody vending suspiciously please report them and maybe we can start bringing down whole botting rings...

#2 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Dead branches... or any otehr commonly botted goods for that matter...while DBs are fun and whatnot if you go to any of the elder willows maps you will find a zillion bots roaming around ... the bot problem has gotten out of control in rapid fashion... the easiest way for us tocurb some of these activities is to boycot all these goods... if you want DBs to play with please hunt them yourselves... while sending in tickets it the primary option for getting rid of botters 1) they come right back and 2) there are far too many bots to get screen shots of or even names descriptions ect... literally dozens and dozens of bots are roaming the fields currently... if you see anybody vending suspiciously please report them and maybe we can start bringing down whole botting rings...

Unfortunately you can't stop the 800+ players in-game because probably half of them don't visit the forums often or so.

#3 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9785 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

it was worth shot

#4 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

I felt like the there are less bots after the merge tho.
Did it really get worse?

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

treasure boxes

#6 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9785 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

go to the maps east of payon... over 90% of the characters there are bots...

#7 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

go to the maps east of payon... over 90% of the characters there are bots...

coz its...east payon...
But your idea might affect people who acquired DBs with legal method.
reporting them is right way to go I guess.

Edited by Yggdrasil13, 29 December 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#8 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9785 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

in general id say yes...but with only 5 slots to add screen shots id literally have to send in 10 tickets just to catch enough of the bots to make a dent...

#9 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

You might also mention not buying Bottle Grenades and Acid Bottles since the ingredients for those are also botted like crazy. I went down to hunt some immortal hearts and saw at least 5-6 bots down there.

#10 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:49 PM

if you see anybody vending suspiciously please report them and maybe we can start bringing down whole botting rings...

I would believe you if someone will actually take the time to even look/review the bad player. I have 0 faith in the ticketing system.

#11 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

If there are so many bots how are we suppose to hunt branches with any efficiency?

#12 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

Consumables and the like remain almost at stable prices and don't go up significantly. As much as I hate to say it, if you want a decent supply of bomb mats, dead branches, pot mats, edp mats, and the like going around you will need some people to hunt these for you, may they be botters or not.

Before merge, it took me a whole day to restock on acid bomb mats from buy shops but now, I get all the bomb mats I need within 10-20 minutes.... o_0!!!

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 30 December 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#13 Soulkyoko

Soulkyoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 913 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

See that player vendor south of pront selling 5~10k Db's? Their alt account is a botter, if not then may lightning strike me down.

Edited by Soulkyoko, 30 December 2012 - 05:11 PM.

#14 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9785 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

nevermind... the community it seems wants botters... people arnt willing to hunt items themselves... theres a whole other thread about buff bots in prontera offering a "service"... ragial... ect... 90% of responses to botting threads are about how its no point to report them... i guess bots are here to stay...

#15 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

i guess bots are here to stay...

your about 10 years behind with your conclusion.

#16 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9340 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

You might also mention not buying Bottle Grenades and Acid Bottles since the ingredients for those are also botted like crazy. I went down to hunt some immortal hearts and saw at least 5-6 bots down there.

I have 7000 immortal hearts. And I didn't even kill a single monster to get them. The woe investment system works miracles.

#17 Milodon316

Milodon316

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

the main reason the bot issue is getting out of control is the uber slow response of the ticket system, even if you report bots most of the time they are not even banned because when GMs take acction trough a ticket the bot isn't there anymore, i really don't understand why it is so hard for a GM to spend 1 hour a day patroling some populated or exploitable maps to catch bots in action, are they really so busy that the can't do that?

Edited by Milodon316, 31 December 2012 - 05:19 AM.

#18 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

Please people do not buy:

<Any popular card from a low level monster>
Witch Starsand
Stem
Poison Spore
Immortal Heart
Fabric
Maneater Blossom
Maneater Root
Scorpion Tail
Snail's Shell
Horn
Rainbow Shell
Strawberry
Skel-Bone
Witch Starsand
Yggdrasil Seed
Green Herb
White Herb
Blue Herb
Mastela Fruit
Royal Jelly
Grape
Honey
Elder Branch
Mandragora Flowerpot
Drosera Tentacle

Did I miss anything?

#19 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:17 AM

Please people do not buy:

xxx

Did I miss anything?

You added two witch starsand. :p_laugh:

#20 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

You just don't want people to buy them so YOU can first and than use/resell for higher.

Even if not this idea will NEVER work and it wasn't worth a try. Boycotting won't work, you need to actually ban these bots.

Set a GM up at the training grounds entrance and ban the farms that gather. It's not hard to tell the 9 novices all fighting to stand on same square is a bot farm.

#21 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

Funny thing is, w/o bots, do people not lazy enough to farm materials to brew such as things stated above?

P/S : I'm not supporting bot vender here, just sayin...

#22 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

nevermind... the community it seems wants botters... people arnt willing to hunt items themselves... theres a whole other thread about buff bots in prontera offering a "service"... ragial... ect... 90% of responses to botting threads are about how its no point to report them... i guess bots are here to stay...

I don't see what the problem with the Ragial bot is. Are we supposed to manually click every shop in hopes that we come across something we want/need? If we're ever offered an in-game way to search (that doesn't cost KP... Bargain Hunter scrolls are useless) then I'd agree. :/

Not to mention boycotting would probably harm a lot of legit players - especially new ones who sometimes farm commonly used items to sell for funds.

Edited by Alaska, 31 December 2012 - 12:11 PM.

#23 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9785 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

ragial isnt so much of a issue but its a slippery slope to say this bot is ok but this one isnt...

#24 Pick

Pick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:Classic/Renewal

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

http://irowiki.org/w...vestment_System before this update came(after classic) took me weeks to buy all the acid and nade materials that i needed, and i check the mandragora poison spores maps they were empty or only had a few thiefs on there usually when i checked.

Edited by Pick, 31 December 2012 - 01:50 PM.

#25 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Last I checked there were over 50 bots in the mandragora map.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users