i should play renewal or classic? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

i should play renewal or classic?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Kanbei

Kanbei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

renewal have new system like eden group but renewal have one disadvantage that is you never get exp if you lv 99 and kill poring that system force you must fight very very very strong monster for little exp
explain merit and disadvantage of renewal and classic please

Edited by Kanbei, 10 February 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#2 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Renewal gave you Turn Ins to fix the exp problems of leveling 99 to max level. It pretty much relieves you of grinding. Where in classic leveling it's grind fest till you max your level, unless they get leveling events.

#3 Kanbei

Kanbei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Renewal gave you Turn Ins to fix the exp problems of leveling 99 to max level. It pretty much relieves you of grinding. Where in classic leveling it's grind fest till you max your level, unless they get leveling events.

increase lv in renewal still hard for me too
i don't have vip
i don't have battle manaul
i play this game first time i don't have +10 elemental weapon +10 weapon with card +10 armor,hat,manteau,boot with card and i don't have money for buy them
i don't have friend for make party and help me fight with monster
for me now it like i must fight dark lord for 100 base exp

Edited by Kanbei, 10 February 2013 - 04:38 PM.

#4 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

You should consider buying the VIP + KP package. VIP is absolute key to leveling effectively, and the KP can be sold for around 200m, which is more than you would make for a long time. I'm not saying you should spend lots of money on the game, but that little boost of funds at the beginning is gonna help you tremendously for someone like you who just started playing.

As for leveling, you should start doing the TIs and Eden board quests. The 91-99 ones are great for job exp.

And if you think leveling in renewal is hard, don't even think about classic, it's at least 10 times harder xD

#5 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

Ragnarok is a game that makes you persevere to get little reward lol. For me you will start enjoying the game when you manage to enter an active guild and start playing with your newly found friends, somehow talking to them keeps you less bored when your grinding. Anyways if your playing renewal you can manage to get to level 99 and trans your character and level back to 99 again and maybe even get 150 just by doing TI and with gears you can get for free by doing quests, in classic you'll have to farm cards and gears to be able to level properly, sometimes you even have to make another character just so you can leech your main for it to level. Farming and selling items with value in them so you could buy potions for leveling is a must for both classic and renewal. Money wise the game kinda makes you grind alot, if you want to earn zeny without spending real money you will have to farm certain stuff and it can take hours of mindless grind to even get your quota, this goes for both classic and renewal, unless you start spending real money on KP earning zeny and get a jumpstart, obtaining good enough gear takes a while. And btw dark lord gives more than 100k base exp, in renewal it gives 1.4m base and 500k job exp, not sure about classic i don't kill mvps there. Maxing a character takes months, and earning enough zeny to get l33t gears could take a year or more.

#6 Kanbei

Kanbei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

Ragnarok is a game that makes you persevere to get little reward lol. For me you will start enjoying the game when you manage to enter an active guild and start playing with your newly found friends, somehow talking to them keeps you less bored when your grinding. Anyways if your playing renewal you can manage to get to level 99 and trans your character and level back to 99 again and maybe even get 150 just by doing TI and with gears you can get for free by doing quests, in classic you'll have to farm cards and gears to be able to level properly, sometimes you even have to make another character just so you can leech your main for it to level. Farming and selling items with value in them so you could buy potions for leveling is a must for both classic and renewal. Money wise the game kinda makes you grind alot, if you want to earn zeny without spending real money you will have to farm certain stuff and it can take hours of mindless grind to even get your quota, this goes for both classic and renewal, unless you start spending real money on KP earning zeny and get a jumpstart, obtaining good enough gear takes a while. And btw dark lord gives more than 100k base exp, in renewal it gives 1.4m base and 500k job exp, not sure about classic i don't kill mvps there. Maxing a character takes months, and earning enough zeny to get l33t gears could take a year or more.

-_-
i may make you mistake
i mean when i kill monster like magnolia for exp because i don't have great gear,vip,battle manaul kill magnolia will very very very hard like i must kill dark lord for get 100 base exp

You should consider buying the VIP + KP package. VIP is absolute key to leveling effectively, and the KP can be sold for around 200m, which is more than you would make for a long time. I'm not saying you should spend lots of money on the game, but that little boost of funds at the beginning is gonna help you tremendously for someone like you who just started playing.

As for leveling, you should start doing the TIs and Eden board quests. The 91-99 ones are great for job exp.

And if you think leveling in renewal is hard, don't even think about classic, it's at least 10 times harder xD

i don't know what is kp package explain it please

Edited by Kanbei, 10 February 2013 - 11:57 PM.

#7 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

i mean when i kill monster like magnolia for exp because i don't have great gear,vip,battle manaul kill magnolia will very very very hard like i must kill dark lord for get 100 base exp

Did you do the Eden Equipment Quest(s) for basic weapons and equipment?

You'll need to try and level up on monsters that are near your level. Here's a table to see how much experience you lose or gain depending on the difference between your level and that of the monster you are fighting.

Here's an online database in which you can see a monter's level and stats.

Comodo city is currently being 'spotlighted', which means that most monsters in that area will have increased experience and drop rates. Did you try levelling there recently?

i don't know what is kp package explain it please

KP = Kafra Points (Kafra/Cash Shop Currency).

The package he is talking about consists of a 30 day VIP membership and 1500 kafra points for 1500 warpportal energy points.

#8 Kanbei

Kanbei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

Did you do the Eden Equipment Quest(s) for basic weapons and equipment?

You'll need to try and level up on monsters that are near your level. Here's a table to see how much experience you lose or gain depending on the difference between your level and that of the monster you are fighting.

Here's an online database in which you can see a monter's level and stats.

Comodo city is currently being 'spotlighted', which means that most monsters in that area will have increased experience and drop rates. Did you try levelling there recently?

KP = Kafra Points (Kafra/Cash Shop Currency).

The package he is talking about consists of a 30 day VIP membership and 1500 kafra points for 1500 warpportal energy points.

i do eden group quest and get gear already
where i can check what map have 'spotlighted',?

#9 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

The town of comodo is currently being spotlighted. That link has a list of monsters with increased experience and drop rates. Those monsters can be found in the dungeons and fields near Comodo.

#10 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAnywhere U need me to be :D
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:18 AM

getting off topic right there..

if you think renewal already gives a challenge in terms of leveling ur gonna have a bad time on classic anyways.

#11 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1779 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:54 AM

Kanbei, your problem is not that clear for one thing, what class you play? Starter class really important. If you make FS priest or gunslinger then you know why you can't survive the game judging from your problem (have no friends, no zeny). I start this server as battle priest and battle monk for first level and money grinding and can survive even without VIP, less zeny, etc, Why? because acolytes won't need potions, fly wings, arrows, etc and agi will minimize damage you'll receive from monster (except on mob) plus aspd. You can add str and int then vit (depend on priest or monk) for better role in party and people will always looking Acolyte branches in lv 70-100 TI party making you can level without much effort... This also work in classic although more grinding and time needed...

#12 Kanbei

Kanbei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

The town of comodo is currently being spotlighted. That link has a list of monsters with increased experience and drop rates. Those monsters can be found in the dungeons and fields near Comodo.

i look at your link is ninja update not map have spotlighted.

Kanbei, your problem is not that clear for one thing, what class you play? Starter class really important. If you make FS priest or gunslinger then you know why you can't survive the game judging from your problem (have no friends, no zeny). I start this server as battle priest and battle monk for first level and money grinding and can survive even without VIP, less zeny, etc, Why? because acolytes won't need potions, fly wings, arrows, etc and agi will minimize damage you'll receive from monster (except on mob) plus aspd. You can add str and int then vit (depend on priest or monk) for better role in party and people will always looking Acolyte branches in lv 70-100 TI party making you can level without much effort... This also work in classic although more grinding and time needed...

no friend for play together it may my guilty but no zeny because i play this game 6 day i think almost everyone in this board play this game 3 year+
like you said i have no friend for play together if i play acolyte for priest i may kill poring until i become priest that why i can't play priest

Edited by Kanbei, 11 February 2013 - 06:53 AM.

#13 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

They have added a very annoying landing page to advertise the implementation of the new Ninja 2nd Job. You'll need to:
  • Click on that small "Skip to Official" button on the upper right part of the page.
  • Once you arrive at the main page, click on the "Events" link on the left menu.
  • Click on the "[Renewal] Spotlight on: Comodo!" item from the events list.

#14 Kanbei

Kanbei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

They have added a very annoying landing page to advertise the implementation of the new Ninja 2nd Job. You'll need to:

• Click on that small "Skip to Official" button on the upper right part of the page.
  • Once you arrive at the main page, click on the "Events" link on the left menu.
  • Click on the "[Renewal] Spotlight on: Comodo!" item from the events list.

thank you for answer
if they change Spotlight i can check at this link right?

#15 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1779 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

no friend for play together it may my guilty but no zeny because i play this game 6 day i think almost everyone in this board play this game 3 year+
like you said i have no friend for play together if i play acolyte for priest i may kill poring until i become priest that why i can't play priest

Please read my previous post carefully, there is a way to make different build like agi stat on priest/monk so you won't spend too much zeny for potions and supplies for first starter class, non-acolytes also can do that but more supplies needed without heal/buff/tele etc. I already explain that very well and obviously you can't make millions zeny or high levels just by playing 6 days. There is Kafra points stuff and VIP for you if you want quick zeny and quick level, you can sell kafra points items and get more exp with VIP.

If you can't grind from yourself or if you can't spend real money for quick zeny/level, there is no better option for you. We know there is a way for quick zeny/level without spend real money but that's cheating and ilegal method...

#16 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

if they change Spotlight i can check at this link right?

No, but you'll probably be able to find it in the Events (list) page. You can also review the (most recent) server maintenance notes in the Renewal Server Events! section, if you want to know which city is going to be spotlighted. These maintenance notes are added to this section a few hours before a maintenance begins.

#17 Kanbei

Kanbei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Please read my previous post carefully, there is a way to make different build like agi stat on priest/monk so you won't spend too much zeny for potions and supplies for first starter class, non-acolytes also can do that but more supplies needed without heal/buff/tele etc. I already explain that very well and obviously you can't make millions zeny or high levels just by playing 6 days. There is Kafra points stuff and VIP for you if you want quick zeny and quick level, you can sell kafra points items and get more exp with VIP.

If you can't grind from yourself or if you can't spend real money for quick zeny/level, there is no better option for you. We know there is a way for quick zeny/level without spend real money but that's cheating and ilegal method...

you say if i play acolyte i can play with low zeny because aoclyte have heal you don't need money for potion and agi blessing buff for help increase lv
you forget acolyte don't have sp recovery skill?

No, but you'll probably be able to find it in the Events (list) page. You can also review the (most recent) server maintenance notes in the Renewal Server Events! section, if you want to know which city is going to be spotlighted. These maintenance notes are added to this section a few hours before a maintenance begins.

thank you for your answer

Edited by Kanbei, 11 February 2013 - 10:48 PM.

#18 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Since Acolytes/AB have very good amt. of INT, Sp is recovered faster than other classes ( except Mage class & maybe ninja )..It might be tough till lvl 35ish..after that it shouldn't be much of a problem. :)

#19 sedut

sedut

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:13 AM

increase lv in renewal still hard for me too
i don't have vip
i don't have battle manaul
i play this game first time i don't have +10 elemental weapon +10 weapon with card +10 armor,hat,manteau,boot with card and i don't have money for buy them
i don't have friend for make party and help me fight with monster
for me now it like i must fight dark lord for 100 base exp

You don't need to get decent gears as a starter. xD LOL
I started this game with a thief>asassin. No idea what KP is, what WPE is and what VIP is.
No +10 gears and I even rather to sit for a long time rather than wasting zeny to buy potions. Not even upgraded gears. All of my zeny income comes 100% from monster loots back then. :P

As I get through the game. I learned a few things about the game. I only know how to create a party when I'm in lvl 98 asassin or what. It was the time when TI system are introduced. And yeah I even only know how to use those F1-F12 hotkeys after I ask someone in-game in south of Prontera. "How you guys spam skills so fast?". In my opinion, understanding the game by yourself is the key for greater excitement to play in future.

It doesn't matter if you need to kill like 100 monsters to get a very little exp. It is a game not a race. I enjoy grinding at that time.

The reason you don't have friends is maybe you were too focusing on leveling rather than chilling in town or meet some people in-game. Or you just anti-social.

No offense.Just saying. :p_hi:

#20 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1779 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:03 AM

you say if i play acolyte i can play with low zeny because aoclyte have heal you don't need money for potion and agi blessing buff for help increase lv you forget acolyte don't have sp recovery skill?

thank you for your answer

Read my first post again, I give example for battle priest/monk that using agi stat not FS priest or GFist monk. Agi makes your aspd high and monsters won't hit you much beside mob making you only spend little SP just for buff, rarely heal.. And read also non-acolytes can also use agi build but need some potions/wings due to lack of teleport and heal skills..

What's your problem really? You don't VIP, no money for pots/wings, no BM, etc pretty much like when I start this server and I give you example build to solve your problem which is acolyte class. But you still want more and searching perfect class to play. Nothing has perfect state. You don't need to even start as acolyte if you don't want to but if you don't tell us your class people can't help you more how to play your character effectively..

#21 Kanbei

Kanbei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

Read my first post again, I give example for battle priest/monk that using agi stat not FS priest or GFist monk. Agi makes your aspd high and monsters won't hit you much beside mob making you only spend little SP just for buff, rarely heal.. And read also non-acolytes can also use agi build but need some potions/wings due to lack of teleport and heal skills..

What's your problem really? You don't VIP, no money for pots/wings, no BM, etc pretty much like when I start this server and I give you example build to solve your problem which is acolyte class. But you still want more and searching perfect class to play. Nothing has perfect state. You don't need to even start as acolyte if you don't want to but if you don't tell us your class people can't help you more how to play your character effectively..

i play swordman,mage,thief,merchant,archer
you say i must play agi acolyte i must increase str,agi,dex,int i think when you have high level this priest will suck and no party will want suck priest

#22 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1779 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

you say i must play agi acolyte i must increase str,agi,dex,int i think when you have high level this priest will suck and no party will want suck priest

lol, that's not good answer. I just ask again what's your problem? You just can't accept any advice here, Why asking if you don't want answers.. Keep dreaming if you want to play this game without VIP, zeny, party/guild, and equipments but you want your characters good..

Edited by Exvee, 12 February 2013 - 04:57 AM.

#23 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

Of all those 5 job characters, I believe the archer is one of the easiest to level up. Especially if you job change him/her into a hunter instead of a bard/dancer.

If you want to keep the costs down and conserve resources (potions, etc.), your best bet would be to choose agility over vitality. But it may take a little longer to level up, though.

Agility increases your ability to dodge (flee) some of the monster attacks. It also raises your attack speed, so your damage potential will be higher. Flee will not help you against magical attacks, though. Agility works well if you engage monsters one on one.

The downside of low vitality is that you will have less HP. Also, healing items will heal you less. Vitality works well if you engage groups of monsters (mobs).

A (physical) battle priest is a 'solo' job path, they level up alone (mostly).

#24 Kanbei

Kanbei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

You don't need to get decent gears as a starter. xD LOL
I started this game with a thief>asassin. No idea what KP is, what WPE is and what VIP is.
No +10 gears and I even rather to sit for a long time rather than wasting zeny to buy potions. Not even upgraded gears. All of my zeny income comes 100% from monster loots back then. :P

As I get through the game. I learned a few things about the game. I only know how to create a party when I'm in lvl 98 asassin or what. It was the time when TI system are introduced. And yeah I even only know how to use those F1-F12 hotkeys after I ask someone in-game in south of Prontera. "How you guys spam skills so fast?". In my opinion, understanding the game by yourself is the key for greater excitement to play in future.

It doesn't matter if you need to kill like 100 monsters to get a very little exp. It is a game not a race. I enjoy grinding at that time.

The reason you don't have friends is maybe you were too focusing on leveling rather than chilling in town or meet some people in-game. Or you just anti-social.

No offense.Just saying. :p_hi:

i'm not anti social but i think almost guild in this game want high lv and strong character for his,her guild for fight at woe
weak and poor character of me no one in this game want in his,her guild

lol, that's not good answer. I just ask again what's your problem? You just can't accept any advice here, Why asking if you don't want answers.. Keep dreaming if you want to play this game without VIP, zeny, party/guild, and equipments but you want your characters good..

you want me play battle priest i thank you for your advise but i want play fs priest more
my problem is i don't have friend for play together i don't have vip,battle manual and i don't have great equipment

Edited by Kanbei, 12 February 2013 - 07:13 AM.

#25 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

There are many Guilds which accept low lvl players..These guilds focuses on Helping players & are mostly social & event guilds ( non WoE )..
You just need to search a bit for them..Try searching for such guilds here : http://forums.warppo...wal-recruiting/

Regarding Priests..FS priests are hard to lvl up at the beginning( easy to lvl up at end due to FS ) while Battle priests are easy to lvl up at starting( mostly solo ) & hard to lvl up at end ( due to no effective damaging skills other than ME( only for undead) )..

No matter what class, Eden equips are very good for beginners & can easily be used all the way until you are Arch Bishop !
& believe me, its possible to survive this game without VIP/battle Manual/Great equips !!. You can't get awesome equips just when you start playing this game.You need to work towards getting it !!
There are loads of players who play RO without VIP & still are enjoying the game
..Just try to absorb every drop of game knowledge from this forum & use them to your advantage ! :)

All the best.:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users