#1 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:23 PM

I was wondering what a good SB build would be.
I kind of tried one out, but I'm not sure how good it is.

build
stats
STR: 91+19
AGI: 1+15
VIT: 56+6
INT: 75+1
DEX: 45+10
LUK: 1+8

skills
Hiding: 8
Steal: 10
Double Attack: 10
Improve Dodge: 10
Envenom: 10
Detoxify: 1

Cloaking: 10
Grimtooh: 5
Katar Mastery: 7
Advanced Katar Mastery: 5
Sonic Blow: 10
Soul Destroyer: 10
Meteor Assault: 1
Right Hand Mastery: 5
Left Hand Mastery: 4
Enchant Poison: 6
Create Deadly Poison: 1
Enchant Deadly Poison: 5

equipment
+4 Arta's Dress Hat
Evil Wing Ears
Pirate Dagger
+4 Odin's Blessing of Wild Cat ( or with a different card, depending on the situation )
+4 Mocking Wool Scarf ( or with a different card, depending on the situation )
+9 Superior Tidal Shoes ( eventually...Dx Until then, maybe +9 Superior Shoes. )
Ring of Muscle
Medal of Honor ( Thief )

Please tell me what I could change to make it better. :< Help is very much appreciated since I'd rather not reset my character a second time.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:50 AM

1) Is the build an SD build, or an SB build, or an SB/SD hybrid? What you have there is a hybrid build that's very similar to what I did on my SinX (I got 5 less int and dex, and put it into vit. You want a touch more strength, because you will presumably WoE on it, and so you want to hit your str bonus while wearing a Feather Beret or GMG, not an arta's dress hat, and you want to be able to wear one of the +% damage mid headgears instead of EWE.

2) Skills look okay. You can debate about losing points from LHM to max KM.

3) Gear:

a) You have 1 agi. You can't dodge jack without a pantie+Mocking-undershirt set. So why are you wearing mocking garment? Wear immune. Also, the tidal set is kinda lame; it's the low tier option. Valk mant + variants is better, and nid mant + diablo boots is best.

b) For PVM, if you're using SD, don't wear the theif accessory, wear BSB set instead if you need the damage.

c) Why odin blessing if you're not wearing the rest of the set? Or do you already have an odin collection?

d) In woe, you use feather beret or GMG on your head. A good way to locate noobs in woe is to look for people wearing dress hats. Good players do not wear them in woe, because there is always a better option. FeatherBeret for defense, GMG for offence on melee, overupped isilla MRH for hwiz.

Edited by DrAzzy, 28 July 2010 - 10:51 AM.

#3 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:54 AM

1) Is the build an SD build, or an SB build, or an SB/SD hybrid? What you have there is a hybrid build that's very similar to what I did on my SinX (I got 5 less int and dex, and put it into vit. You want a touch more strength, because you will presumably WoE on it, and so you want to hit your str bonus while wearing a Feather Beret or GMG, not an arta's dress hat, and you want to be able to wear one of the +% damage mid headgears instead of EWE.

2) Skills look okay. You can debate about losing points from LHM to max KM.

3) Gear:

a) You have 1 agi. You can't dodge jack without a pantie+Mocking-undershirt set. So why are you wearing mocking garment? Wear immune. Also, the tidal set is kinda lame; it's the low tier option. Valk mant + variants is better, and nid mant + diablo boots is best.

:o For PVM, if you're using SD, don't wear the theif accessory, wear BSB set instead if you need the damage.

c) Why odin blessing if you're not wearing the rest of the set? Or do you already have an odin collection?

d) In woe, you use feather beret or GMG on your head. A good way to locate noobs in woe is to look for people wearing dress hats. Good players do not wear them in woe, because there is always a better option. FeatherBeret for defense, GMG for offence on melee, overupped isilla MRH for hwiz.

1. Oh, I see. Thank you. xD I thought it looked SD, but I guess not.

2. Does KM do anything for me? I'm honestly asking that, I don't know.

a. Oh, the mocking was just up on the simulator I was using. I'd have other ones, of course. :> Well, Tidal's good for my low...income, but I guess since it would be ideals? I should change it?

b. Oh. okay. Thank you. :> So, how much better is it?

c. Well, I was going to have an Odin's Blessing set so I could just switch off armor onto all of my characters. Is there something better? I also have some classes that won't trans, so I wanted something versatile.

d. I actually knew that about WoE. :< But I'm not a big WoE person, so I didn't think it would matter too much, but if I wanted to do Bios, it would be the same gear set up as WoE, right?

#4 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:59 AM

The bad thing about Odin's blessings are that they're really heavy. It's best to use like a formal or elemental armor instead. To be honest, I use a Cotton Shirt of Wildcat just because I figure the def doesn't matter if I'm using a porcellio card and they're really light and cheap.
If you have a Lord Knight, fire porcellio armor might be good to get because it can be used in Thors, but obviously you wouldn't want to wear it anywhere on the sinx where you would take ice damage.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:15 PM

1. Oh, I see. Thank you. xD I thought it looked SD, but I guess not.

2. Does KM do anything for me? I'm honestly asking that, I don't know.

a. Oh, the mocking was just up on the simulator I was using. I'd have other ones, of course. :> Well, Tidal's good for my low...income, but I guess since it would be ideals? I should change it?

b. Oh. okay. Thank you. :> So, how much better is it?

c. Well, I was going to have an Odin's Blessing set so I could just switch off armor onto all of my characters. Is there something better? I also have some classes that won't trans, so I wanted something versatile.

d. I actually knew that about WoE. :< But I'm not a big WoE person, so I didn't think it would matter too much, but if I wanted to do Bios, it would be the same gear set up as WoE, right?

1) Well, an "SD Build" implies that it's forsaking it's ability to perform in WoE as a second-rate SB'er by getting less vit, and maximizing it's SD damage. I don't advocate that, and obviously i think your build is a decent sinx build since i made one pretty similar to it. It's okay in woe, but squishier than i'd like it to be.

2) It adds a little bit more damage to your EDP-SB if you decide to pvp or woe, whereas LHM does damned near nothing for you.

3)
a) Well, i told you what the best was - but it's a matter of money, nothing more complicated.

:o In terms of SD damage, the BG badge does not add any damage. SD is not effected by any sort of % damage modifier (on the attacker - % damage reduction on the target works normally), and is only effected by + attk. Check out the damage from wearing the BSB + Shackle set. It's nothing to sneeze at. I think it's better than the badge in general for damage, but in pvp/woe, you won't want to sacrifice the hp from losing your shoes.

c) Use odins if you are going to be using odin blessing sets on character(s). Otherwise use something lighter or more specialized.

d) Let me ammend this - in woe you use valk armor, so for you woe gear setup, you can include the +1 str from the valk armor (and in pvm, you can use the EWE's, because you'll be SDing which isn't effected by the +2% robo eyes).

4) For biolabs, you dress like you were going to woe, but you wear a wind unfrozen instead of a valk armor. That build would be hard-pressed to EDP-solo labs, but a little more vit would go a long way. I could really feel the difference in labs with each levelup as I added more vit.

#6 Kagrra

Kagrra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:03 AM

I got a build worked out that I'm content with. Thank you for the help. <3.

#7 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:41 AM

@Azzy: Aren't the ones wearing the Dress Hats or the ones wearing RWH the ones with Maya P? /hmm

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:48 AM

@Azzy: Aren't the ones wearing the Dress Hats or the ones wearing RWH the ones with Maya P? /hmm

Oh sorry - I play Ymir. Our MayaP's are in slotted sunnies, not dress/RWH. On valk the people with MayaP's would be an exception to that, though one assumes they'd have the brains to hat switch.

Edited by DrAzzy, 02 August 2010 - 11:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users