• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:44 AM

I watched a few youtube videos on Assassins and Rogues and I would like some input.....

Rogues are the top DPS class in the game but have lower then average dmg and are great at PvM due to Dirty Trick. They seem the far better solo class out of the Thief branch.

Assassins have a lot high crit rate which gives them 2x the dmg per critical hit. Now I compared the videos of Rogue bossing and Assassins bossing and it seems to me that Assassins do FAR FAR more dmg.

Assassins also run faster then a Peco Peco which means they can kite bosses and get out of AOE areas quicker. That accompanied with being able to get over 70% Def increase every 30 seconds they seem the far better class for survival.( For end game boss/raids bosses MASSIVE dmg bursts)

I was going to play a rogue but in all honesty a Assassins seems far more powerful and better in general. Since you need to be in parties(raids and dungeons) to get anything done what good is being better at solo lvling gonna do me o.o..

Sins can get 70%def every 30 sec, this accompanied with there ability to move away quicker and do 2x more dmg means the fights ends quicker and they survive longer.Rogues and sins have the same HP almost, rogues generally take the lead in survival for mid game bosses but when a endgame boss decides to do a high dmg output attack which generally has a cast time of sorts a rogues ability to heal themselves is not going to save them from 1 shot ko's.

The 70%+def increase for 10 second every 40seconds which is really 30 40-10(30 seconds) will mean a Sin has a vastly higher survival rate.

Also Rogues and sins use almost the same general skills (double attack and deadly blow) which cast fast and have 1sec cooldown and the skill frame is short.

Sins have high dmg skills and there frame rate is short and there dmg is pretty big. Now due to this they can simply do high burst dmg and move out of the way during boss fights. Thus maintaining constant dmg both Dps and burst and maintain good survival.

Rogues on the other hand there one and only high dmg skill which has low dps hits x10 or so has an insanely high frame rate *moonlight dance* which for like 3 seconds they can not move or use skills, which is why people say do not use it unless your sure you won't die.

Any combo points rogues get generally goes into gangster paradise for survival which means the only real damage rogues do during boss and mid game fights are double attack and deadly blow the rest goes into gangster paradise.

Sins do vastly superior damage especially in a party with a healer. they have double attack, deadly blow, shadow explosion 85% burst dmg, shadow strike 38% burst dmg which is doubled when you use hide first. At the start of a battle sins have the ability/potential to do one the highest dmg outputs in the game by far in the first few seconds of a battle, which can reach anywhere from 194%-438%dmg(do to sins insanely high crit rate you will be doing in the 300's% most of the time) in 10 sec or less unless you lag =/. Which in my opinion is better then a sorcerers =p because we can do it anytime we want without waiting for procs or the lucky critical hit.
Hide>shadow strike 84-168%dmg>1-2>1-2 double attack 25-100%dmg> shadow explosion85-190% =194-438% dmg =p if you count shadow fiend procs its an additional 22%-132% additional dmg if it activates 1-3 times and or crits =p.......

THIS IS ALL IN THEORY, I have never made a sin before and these are just my basic observations. I would like input from anyone with sin experience.

Kind of went semi off topic but yeah XD

Edited by Godriconian, 29 April 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#2 vonnegut

vonnegut

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RO2: Odin

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:54 AM

I wouldn't necessarily say that. I have seen rogues tank bosses (and though it stressed me out having to heal them like crazy), they can do very well. Sure, they may not kill as fast as an assassin, but that's why it's always recommended to have two DPSers if possible in parties for dungeons.

#3 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

I think both are really good. The only reason I went Assassin at the start was because they have been my main since the early, early days of RO1. In RO2 so far, they seem much more powerful and are EXTREMELY fast in and out of combat, without a mount.

#4 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

I wouldn't necessarily say that. I have seen rogues tank bosses (and though it stressed me out having to heal them like crazy), they can do very well. Sure, they may not kill as fast as an assassin, but that's why it's always recommended to have two DPSers if possible in parties for dungeons.

I never said they couldn't, I merely said assassins seem to have better survival abilities for high end boss fights.

Edited by Godriconian, 29 April 2013 - 11:38 AM.

#5 ShimHearts

ShimHearts

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

I never said they couldn't, I merely said assassins seem to have better survival abilities for high end boss fights.

There's a known HP threshold for all bosses, so no self respecting PvE rogue should be getting one shot at any given time.
and your remark about most of the CP going into gangster's paradise is somewhat false.
Rogue's moonlight dancing skill may seem like dps, but in actually it's one complete skill that does like 110% damage, so it's also technically burst, since the target is unable to do anything for the duration of moonlight dancing.
it's just preference really. It would be hard to say which class is completely better than another

#6 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

Actually Rogues CAN BE 1 shoted by high end bosses like rat master, also if the rogue lets his hp drop and it falls low enough and they get skilled on by a high end boss/field boss they CAN be 1 shoted I have seen it happen in many dungeon parties. Things can happen, you can lag or even not notice it till its to late.

Also Moonlight dance is considered more DPS then Burst dmg, MLD is a succession of quick attacks by one skill about 10+ or so I think. DPS is damage per second and since MLD does around 10+ in 3 seconds it is DPS. Burst damage is generally a single-double high dmg attack(s)

#7 LordInuyasha

LordInuyasha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

u still have to take into account that ur sin defence buffs dont. last long. u can say assasin has better survivability but it simply. doesnt. rogue has way more. survivability than a sin. in like every way.. and the only thing sin has over rogue is speed. and more damage. thats pretty much it. if u wish to be a sin then be a sin. honestly both the classes are fun in every way it all depends on how u play ur class when it comes down to player skill.

#8 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

u still have to take into account that ur sin defence buffs dont. last long. u can say assasin has better survivability but it simply. doesnt. rogue has way more. survivability than a sin. in like every way.. and the only thing sin has over rogue is speed. and more damage. thats pretty much it. if u wish to be a sin then be a sin. honestly both the classes are fun in every way it all depends on how u play ur class when it comes down to player skill.

Part of my topic got cut off when I copied and pasted a few sections, Rogues do have better survival abilities in general terms but when it comes to end game bosses (raids) I meant they have better survival from high burst damage skills, the 10 second 50% def can make the difference. This is generally what I meant by better survivability.

But yes in general Rogues have far better survival mid-close to end game.

#9 Anarch12911

Anarch12911

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

This thread feels like a very loaded question.

Having read through the skills, I much prefer Rogues over Assassins. But "des gouts on ne discute pas" ... or something.

Edited by Anarch12911, 29 April 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#10 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Yeah XD it is a very in depth many question scenario type of post haha. it seems like i'm stating there better but I'm more less asking if the assumptions I have on the class are correct.

#11 ShimHearts

ShimHearts

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

You can't assume that you would lag or etc, if that were to be the case, assasins could lag before casting their def buff or something along the lines as well and die as easily as wells

and I meant that there is an HP threshold or something just so you DON'T get one shot at the end game raids. But we'll just have to see at the full release eh.

#12 LordInuyasha

LordInuyasha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

i mean its not like ur goona be denied. a party if u pick eithier or class. all partys want sins. and rogues. thier dps. peroid point blank lol w.e class u choose. is wat u wanna play dont let anyone tell u that sin sucks. or tell u that rogue sucks because thier both good. the only way the class will suck. is if u suck at playing it. its as simple as that.

i mean its not like ur goona be denied. a party if u pick eithier or class. all partys want sins. and rogues. thier dps. peroid point blank lol w.e class u choose. is wat u wanna play dont let anyone tell u that sin sucks. or tell u that rogue sucks because thier both good. the only way the class will suck. is if u suck at playing it. its as simple as that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users