Need help becoming a theif - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Need help becoming a theif

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 miguelyo

miguelyo

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMiami, Florida

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:36 AM

Hi I haven't played in a few years, just came back today and was wondering how do I become a thief?
I mean, I know where I have to go, and I know about the mushroom quest thing but man every time I go into the stupid pyramid to try to start the quest the bats one shot me.

Am I too low to start the quest? I'm base level 6, and job level 10.

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

You're not supposed to do the job change quests for 1st class jobs anymore as they're now supposed to be done instantly. PM Heimdallr or contact a GM via WarpPortal Support tickets to get job changed.

This should not be needed in normal circumstances. Unless you got bugged somehow, you should be able to just talk to the npc that used to start the first job quest, and be changed to first job
-Azzy

Edited by DrAzzy, 29 October 2010 - 06:41 AM.
Clarification

#3 miguelyo

miguelyo

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMiami, Florida

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:12 PM

bump

#4 miguelyo

miguelyo

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMiami, Florida

Posted 22 October 2010 - 02:12 PM

You're not supposed to do the job change quests for 1st class jobs anymore as they're now supposed to be done instantly. PM Heimdallr or contact a GM via WarpPortal Support tickets to get job changed.

ty

#5 kalayaan12345

kalayaan12345

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:47 PM

Umm... what? Sorry? When did that happen? Was any information about that ever released? That's the first time I've heared about that. Why didn't we get informed? And what's that rubbish all about, anyway? Just another new malevolent way to complicate things, or is there a logical reason behind it?

#6 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 01:11 PM

i think ur base lvl have to reach 11

#7 DarkCoffee

DarkCoffee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:29 PM

i think ur base lvl have to reach 11

Not necessarily. Mine changed at 7 (which, BTW, was a total "What the puppy!?!?" moment).

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:02 PM

Umm... what? Sorry? When did that happen? Was any information about that ever released? That's the first time I've heared about that. Why didn't we get informed? And what's that rubbish all about, anyway? Just another new malevolent way to complicate things, or is there a logical reason behind it?

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/6586-1st-job-quests/

#9 kalayaan12345

kalayaan12345

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:11 PM

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/6586-1st-job-quests/

That thread really doesn't answer anything. It just says that first job quests should be removed, but doesn't tell exactly how one should then change jobs instead. In fact, it seemed rather different than what was posted in this thread; not a word about PMing certain GMs, but instead something was said about a Job Change NPC, or something like that. And besides, you can't expect that every single new player comes along to these forums and finds that particular thread. The online guides (irowiki.org etc) still state that the 1st job change is done through the normal job change quests, too. So how are new players really supposed to get their job? Contact a GM (as if new players knew how to do that)? Find an NPC? Or is the whole thing basically a sign saying: "New players, hit the road, this is l337 pl4yerz' land!" (Which, I have the feeling, becomes more and more true with every update.)

Secondly, I think the entire system is nastily discriminating the Thief class. It was hard enough before for a Novice to get to the Thief Guild with all those Familiars in the pyramid, but now with those bats being probably three or four times stronger than before, it's just ridiculous. Not to mention that the entire Morroc-gets-separated-from-the-rest-of-the-world rubbish was also done for the sake of complicating the lives of low-level Thieves and Novices wanting to become Thieves.

Lastly, I do feel all of that slowly defeats the point of having a Novice class in the first place. It started with letting the Novices easily reach level 10 right in the Training Grounds, which meant that all that Novices had to do outside of the Training Grounds was to take the Job Change Test. With Novices not even required to take a test anymore, one could really ask: "What's the point of the Novice? Why don't characters start out with the 1st Job Class?" The whole idea, in fact, was to let players all start out equally, slowly building up their characters the way they wanted, one level at a time. Now it really seems that the weaker characters aren't appreciated in the Ragnarok community anymore, and becoming 1st Job is the de facto beginning of the adventure, not anymore the first steps as a Novice.

So there. <_<

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:59 AM

/facepalm

To change to first job, go to the NPC that _started_ the old jobchange quest, and they will change you to first job, instantly. You need job 10 but can be any base level.
That is strange that they left the theif jobchange where it was while buffing the familiars, though.

kalayaan12345
All of the first job jobchange quests were removed, because they caused a lot of frustration. The theif, merchant, and aco ones were particularly annoying*. One does wonder why we still have a novice class. Back when the max level was 99 non-trans, novice wasn't totally insignificant, but now, with 6 job changes and 246 base levels, they've chosen to expidite the process of getting to first job.

I think now the novice is just here as tradition, and because there's no graceful way to get rid of it. Let's face it, nobody wants to be stuck playing a novice for any length of time. It's boring as hell! New players who feel stuck as a novice will quit. I think that's the justification for the push to make novice less of a notable part of one's RO career. Certainly, i despise playing the novice when i make new characters, and it takes me hardly any time at all to get through novice.

You actually spend more time as a novice under renewal than you did prenewal from ep 11 monster rebalancing onwards (when spores were buffed so you could get job 10 by spamming novice reds and killing like half a dozen spores).

*each for their own reasons, though every quest except the swordie quest could screw someone up if they didn't know what they were doing. I was confused as hell for hours trying to do make quest when i first joined RO until someone showed me where to click to read the bookshelf to get the recipe. Then i proceeded to distribute stats evenly (in prenewal RO). I was so terrible at RO back then - 1 week to job 10, 1 more week to lvl 20-22, then was told that i had to remake, but someone tanked me to 22 and told me how to build. Took me i think 3 months to get my first second job character (a hybrid potter named Dr. Azzy)...

Edited by DrAzzy, 29 October 2010 - 07:06 AM.

#11 ChaosEsper

ChaosEsper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:05 AM

if you still having problems you can try this solution.

Do the Novice training area, when you get to the battle training part train up to job 10 (i did it yesterday and was 6 base / 10 job and didnt take any time at all.) then talk to the theif trainer in the training are and tell him you want to be a theif and he will teleport you right beside the their job changer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users