The Do's and Don'ts of PVP - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

The Do's and Don'ts of PVP

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:01 AM

I'm not a PVP person, but I'll try it out when I'm pretty bored. That said, I don't know anything about PVP etiquette so post what is accepted and unaccepted when it comes to PVP in RO.

#2 Meshif

Meshif

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationDayton, Ohio

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

go in a pvp room, sit down, and chill.

after 10 mins of chilling, you can then proceed to poke a few people and then sit back down.

#3 Kaijou

Kaijou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationEast Coast USA, -5gmt

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:54 AM

Don't go PVP if you're non trans.

Don't go PVP if you can't afford it.

Don't ask for res if you meet the above criteria... you'll just get killed right after it happens.

Don't pester the-_- out of priests for buffs... its one thing to test something, its entirely different if you're camping.

Don't be surprised if a sinx EDP+Sonic blows you, 99% of them think that have mad 1337 skillz because they can drop the $ on a poison bottle, camp a linker, and cloak/kill unprovoked at random. 1v1 most these noobs are dropped.

Don't trust any monk or champ with fury, ever.

Don't rely on one shots, understand your target and its capabilities... just because it worked the first time doesn't mean it will happen twice.

Good armors to assist you are undead, unfrozen, wind, water, fire (sometimes a combination of the mentioned, EG: Unfrozen Wind)

Cranial shields are an obviously necessary, unless you're using duel daggers/2h weapons.

Lastly once people recognize you as a regular (and someone who doesn't QQ when killed) they are a lot nicer.

Edited by Kaijou, 01 August 2010 - 07:55 AM.

#4 Symm

Symm

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • LocationProntera Pub.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:39 AM

If your a HW, dont go in if you have less that 140 Dex haha

#5 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:45 PM

In a BG such as Flavius, you will probably be yelled at if you kill certain people of the other team (because it's being farmed). I know, ironic for it to happen in a pvp battleground...

#6 Phant0m

Phant0m

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:32 PM

Don't ask for res if you meet the above criteria... you'll just get killed right after it happens.

Don't pester the-_- out of priests for buffs... its one thing to test something, its entirely different if you're camping.

Don't be surprised if a sinx EDP+Sonic blows you, 99% of them think that have mad 1337 skillz because they can drop the $ on a poison bottle, camp a linker, and cloak/kill unprovoked at random. 1v1 most these noobs are dropped.

Don't rely on one shots, understand your target and its capabilities... just because it worked the first time doesn't mean it will happen twice.

Good armors to assist you are undead, unfrozen, wind, water, fire (sometimes a combination of the mentioned, EG: Unfrozen Wind)

Cranial shields are an obviously necessary, unless you're using duel daggers/2h weapons.

Lastly once people recognize you as a regular (and someone who doesn't QQ when killed) they are a lot nicer.

LOL TRUE!! +1 to this! xD

#7 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:41 PM

It's a lot more fun if you do it with your guildies.

GVG wars in PVP are where it's at.

Edited by Sera, 06 August 2010 - 11:42 PM.

#8 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:04 AM

If your a HW who doesn't know how to quag, safety, FW, or use any other form of defensive magic, dont go in if you have less that 140 Dex haha

Fixed that for you. :D

#9 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:05 AM

SOUL DESTROYER

#10 Godless

Godless

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationFt Wainwright, Alaska

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:07 PM

If you want too sit in pvp and Chill for the most part = forget it
Half the time There are 2-3 sinx's edp'd and cloaked in there waiting for you.
Oh you can forget about most of those gears because the people that hang out in pvp Have gears that you cant compare too half the time.
lets see....your best bet too sit and chill in pvp is too go in as a female HP and Buff slave the Parties that like too kill the 1-2 people that come in at a time, the only other option is probably a scholar in which you still might get edpd. ;D

Edited by Godless, 04 September 2010 - 09:08 PM.

#11 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:44 PM

If you and a friend go to mess around and test a gear or whatnot in PvP don't expect someone not to just walk in and pound you. Especially like someone mentioned, a sin x. No use QQing just the nature of the beast.

Edited by Trixdee, 04 September 2010 - 09:47 PM.

#12 Godless

Godless

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationFt Wainwright, Alaska

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:10 AM

Edp = 130k

Sinx + Full gears = 300m

15 Bodies Laying in Pvp = Priceless

<3

#13 Pepperoncini

Pepperoncini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:19 AM

Don't think you are elite enough to PVP.

Don't even try to PVP.

#14 Canada

Canada

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 252 posts
  • Location[ Valkyrie ] Over your dead body in PVP =)

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:42 AM

Stong Fling & Spam Dead Branch's Bloody Branches

Edited by Canada, 16 October 2010 - 11:43 AM.

#15 Brokenrule

Brokenrule

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:46 AM

Now I like this one the most, I mean sure EDP SinXs are always a hassle but ohhhh man if you trust me when I have fury on... ohhh *drool*

Edp = 130k

Sinx + Full gears = 300m

15 Bodies Laying in Pvp = Priceless

<3

I feel ya, people whine about how SinXs are stupid for popping EDPs just to wipe PvP... But they'd also do it if they could

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users