Post nerf kunai vs magic build? - Expanded Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Post nerf kunai vs magic build?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GwenevereXOXO

GwenevereXOXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:00 AM

Hello all, it's been a while since i last played.

i wanted to make a ninja for while and finally decided to make one, when i noticed that the throw kunai skill has been severely nerfed. back then, kunai could do roughly 10k damage easily with elemental kunais, but now, it edges around 3.5-4k damage max T.T. I've never tried to change to magic ninja so i dunno much about the magic damage, but i suspect it isn't much better considering there are no staffs/wands for ninjas.

So i wanted to which method is better for leveling from lvl 70-100. Using throw kunai seems ok for now, but i'm thinking it's going to be really rough once during the ti missions where there's tons of monster rushing in at u and the only skill ninjas have for killing is a single target weak attack. The only benefit of throw kunai is that it requires no cast time and no chance of missing. I want to know if magic builds are better post nerf. I've always heard the damage was pretty bad even b4 the nerf, but at least the magic build has aoe attacks and better defences via both cicada skin and flame sheild.

TL:DR:  What do u guys think? is the magic build better? i want to know before i spend a fortune buying magic ninja gears just to find out it's worst than the kunai build. but i do know that the kunai build is pretty bad right now.

#2 Majikero7

Majikero7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:58 AM

Throw becomes quite powerful when they become kage/obo.

At 70-100, magic is better at that level range. When you change job, you become a turret shooting out your tier 1 spells with pure soul, 16th night and charms. Your AoE is gonna suck compared to a throw build.

Expect a switch. Magic goes from AoE to 1vs1. Throw goes from 1vs1 to AoE.

#3 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9785 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

if youre a throw build now stay a throw build... even tho its weaker its still faster than casting... as a K/O it works kinda like this: Magic= high single target DPS, very elementally restrictive, poor aoe damage, cheaper to use, high end gears on par with high end throw gears.... Throw= Lower single target DPS, full range of elements with endows, good burst aoe damage, other than huuma expect to buy alot of throwing items, high end gears will cost abut the same as magic builds....

that being said there are more than just 2 builds for kagerou and oboro... there are 7 main builds with many sub builds... this is one of the most flexible build classes in iro (if not THE most flexible)... Pure throw, pure magic, melee, magical melee, magical huuma, BLC hybrid, and the Elementals... these builds can be customized for pvp, pvm, mvp and even woe...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users