#1 Cocomococococo

Cocomococococo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

I'm very new to Ninja type classes and I just wanted to know what build would be best PvM wise, Magic or Kunai? and if you could please leave stat recommendations and (SUGGESTED)skill builds thank you <3 

#2 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:26 PM

Hi, it all depends on your preference, though as a Ninja, imo it's best to be a throwing build, since the magic build only really becomes useful with Kagerou/Oboro's skills like charms and 16th Night. Your skills should be maxing out Throw Kunai/huuma shuriken as leveling skills, Cicada skin shed for tricky situation, Ninja Mastery for bonus Sp regen and perquisite skill for Pure soul later on, and you are set for leveling. The rest you can dump into Mirror Image for more dodging.
Stat wise, I'd say get around 80-90 DEX then balance the rest in VIT/STR/INT.
Once you become a Kagerou/Oboro, you can start choosing either Magic or Throwing build, or even some Melee Build (not recommend for leveling).
For Throwing, get 100 STR/DEX/VIT, the rest can be balanced between AGI for more Kunai Explosion/Swirling Petal damage and IN for more sp. Finally,I recommended this to every new ninja I talked to and I'll do the same to you, get a huuma and max out Swirling Petal, Earth Charm first, as it's the best AoE skill a K/O can get, fast cast time, and does not scale with Base/Job levels. And why Earth Charm ? Because 9 earth charms will boost your physical dmg output by around 90-100% I heard, then throw in a converter and you are set for leveling. Do not get Kunai Explosion first as it scales with Base/Job Levels, which means the dmg will be quite pathetic at low level, even with über gears, and the 3x3 aoe sucks. Then it's up to you to either go for lv3 16th night first for even faster cast time or Pure Soul for supply-free leveling, illusion-shadow help out a lot too. The rest are irrelevant and not really needed for leveling, so it's up to you to put points in the skills you deem useful.
For Magic build, ofc get 100 INT/VIT/DEX,all the magic skills from Ninja's skill tree, then get all the charms + lv3 16th Night ( a must) + Pure Soul and you are set. As for the unique Oboro's skills like Distorted Crescent, Omnious Moonlight, Moonlight Fantasy, I'll leave it to other Oboro experts as I don't know much about them.
Imo I think you should stick with throwing build as it's the fastest leveling build, at least to me, Magic build focus on instacast rapid single-target magic skills to do damage, and single target leveling is never as fast as mobbing. Why only single target skills was mentioned ? Because the magic aoe dmg sucks, even with all those charms.

Edited by iDaehyun, 16 March 2014 - 09:27 PM.

#3 Cocomococococo

Cocomococococo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users