Back to RO, Help! - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Back to RO, Help!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bamcis

Bamcis

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:16 AM

I played RO for a couple of years and quit around 2002. I've decided to get back into it, bringing a couple friends along for the ride...
I know this is a broad topic, but what's new? I see there are several new classes and back in the day I had a 99 Wizard, Assassin, and Blacksmith. What would be the best route to go leveling wise and what would even be the best server to choose? Let me know! Thank you for your time.

#2 Bamcis

Bamcis

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:24 AM

Okay, looking back it was more of around 2005 that I quit. Anyways, still need the help!

#3 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:10 PM

money wise valk, its free, quality wise ymir no bots, there arent any fancy lvling just go kill the monsters that fits your level.
iro staff took out the power leveling. if the monster is either too much beyond or lower than your lvl you wont get good exp nor good chance for drops

#4 Bamcis

Bamcis

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:49 PM

money wise valk, its free, quality wise ymir no bots, there arent any fancy lvling just go kill the monsters that fits your level.
iro staff took out the power leveling. if the monster is either too much beyond or lower than your lvl you wont get good exp nor good chance for drops

I def will be paying to play, bots are no good. That's good that they took out power leveling.. I remember using a vit knight to power level my friends.. We could get like job lvl 50 in a couple days. Oh well. What's the difference in the servers other than quality?

#5 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:02 PM

I def will be paying to play, bots are no good. That's good that they took out power leveling.. I remember using a vit knight to power level my friends.. We could get like job lvl 50 in a couple days. Oh well. What's the difference in the servers other than quality?

in valk, almost all the kafra teleportations are canceled, ymir has alot more features that are disabled in valk, ymir's leveling is slighty faster than valk

#6 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:04 PM

also the free server has high population(obviously coz its free ) while premium server's population is slowing dying out

#7 Bamcis

Bamcis

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:54 AM

Yeah, that's what I figured.. That sucks that the p2p servers are dying out. I remember when Ragnarok Online was free and there were no level 99's well.. in the international version of course. So I take it the Chaos and Loki servers are now gone?

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:49 AM

They're not gone, they've been merged into Ymir. So if you had any characters on those servers, they're all on Ymir.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users