Would like a little advice about RO! - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Would like a little advice about RO!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Traumer

Traumer

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:20 PM

Hello there, I've been considering playing RO again. I am not a total newbie, but the only server I've played is Valkyrie. And that wasnt for a very long time.

Now my questions for you are:

While I played Valkyrie I experienced lag (I know this may be caused by the DDos attacks) So, does anyone know if the lag is the same on all of the servers? And similarly, does anyone play outside of the United States and experience lag? (I've heard rumors that the servers lag less when in the united states.)

And

In your opinion, is the new server Yggdrasil a bad place to start? I know it would be just as difficult starting on a server new regardless of the population. I'd just like your opinions.

Thanks for your help :)

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 13 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

While I played Valkyrie I experienced lag (I know this may be caused by the DDos attacks) So, does anyone know if the lag is the same on all of the servers? And similarly, does anyone play outside of the United States and experience lag? (I've heard rumors that the servers lag less when in the united states.)

It varies. Valkyrie server will always lag because of the botters, but the premium servers tend to have little lag. However, all the servers are hosted in the same location so if an actual problem pops up on the network, all the servers can lag regardless.

Players are encouraged to play the version of a MMORPG that exists closest to their region for best connectivity. So yes, USA players who play on the USA servers will have much better connection than those who play in Europe, Asia, Africa, etc.

In your opinion, is the new server Yggdrasil a bad place to start? I know it would be just as difficult starting on a server new regardless of the population. I'd just like your opinions.

In my opinion, all servers are fine places to start. There are veteran and newbie players alike on each server (though more veterans exist on Yggdrasil than newbies). You would probably have a better time starting out on Yggdrasil due to the bot-free economy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users