General and specific questions - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

General and specific questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MisterMumble

MisterMumble

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:56 AM

Hello all guys and girls,

I want to play Raganarok again and start over in the new server. The last time I played was f2p server which was swarming with bots.

So ok,starting over. I believe in this new server, there are no bots yet ???? Gravity has done its homework and bots cannot enter the game again ?? Is this correct ??
WP points how long do they last ? 1000 points for one month is that the general Idea ?

When I enter the server, I see servername and number ? Is this the number of players who are online at the moment. (60 - till 76 ain't much).

Specific questions;
The fields are the same but some monsters has left ? Can you help me with levelling spots for Mage and Hunter. (lvl - place - monsters). My knowledge is very outdated and help would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

LadyFortune (my gf's character) - Going to be a very sweet goodlooking (hands off guys) hunter.
BraveWhizzy: That's me

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:28 PM

So ok,starting over. I believe in this new server, there are no bots yet ???? Gravity has done its homework and bots cannot enter the game again ?? Is this correct ??

Yggdrasil started out as a premium server so it's 100% bot-free. Gravity plans to keep it that way with their new F2P restrictions.

WP points how long do they last ? 1000 points for one month is that the general Idea ?

WarpPortal Energy is currency you use to spend on Gravity's games so they last for as long as Gravity Interactive stays alive. All payments have to be converted into WPE in order to pay for stuff.

Payment > WarpPortal Energy > Kafra Points
Payment > WarpPortal Energy > subscription
Payment > WarpPortal Energy > Value Added Services

When I enter the server, I see servername and number ? Is this the number of players who are online at the moment. (60 - till 76 ain't much).

Yes, they've reinstated the server population number next to the server name.

Specific questions;
The fields are the same but some monsters has left ? Can you help me with levelling spots for Mage and Hunter. (lvl - place - monsters). My knowledge is very outdated and help would be much appreciated.

Open up the world map by pressing Ctrl+~ and then click on the little poring at the bottom right corner. The numbers that pop up are the recommended base levels for your character on a particular map and the recommended monster on that map to level up on.

#3 MisterMumble

MisterMumble

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:36 AM

Thanks a lot for the information ZeroTigress.
I have another question. Years ago there was a calculation program for the character build.
I do not if such a program is still available and where I can find it.

Best regards,

KlukKluk and LadyFortune (both archers lvl 37 at the moment)

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:17 PM

Any stat calculator you find right now is either outdated or somewhat accurate. Renewal changed some things around concerning stats. Biggest change is defense calculation since armor defense values have been modified from the old system. (In addition, equipping heavy gear will decrease your AGI.) Strength (STR) doesn't give an attack bonus every 10 points anymore. Luck (LUK) increases other stats (such as crit, dex, etc.) a little so having some luck won't kill your build if you mess up. You need a lot more dexterity (DEX) to hit monsters at higher levels now.

Basically, hybrid builds and builds that are more balanced are decent now, unlike pre-Renewal where messing up your build by a few digits will screw up your character's performance. Extreme builds like that of pre-Renewal RO will not do as well now due to the changes in stat mechanics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users