Cannot init d3d --- but only for certain resolutions - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Cannot init d3d --- but only for certain resolutions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Krystalaria

Krystalaria

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:15 PM

I have a recent Alienware machine.  Windows 10 home, Geforce 1070.  I can run it up to 2048 x 1536.  But my machine can handle up to 3840 x 2160.  I'm weird and can't stand running games non full screen, and when I full screen what resolution it DOES run, it looks really weird (lots of black space around the game window).

Anyone else run into this?

I've tried:

Geforce Experience, but it won't detect the game
Running it as admin with compat mode of XP SP 3 (I *think* that's what I had way back when RO first started and I played)
Running it in compat mode of XP SP 3 no admin

Updating my drivers on my video card

Mucking with the setup, ALL 4 video options (Direct3D HAL, Direct3D t&l HAL, NVidia Geforce GTX 1070, NVidia Geforce GTX 1070) [not sure why it's listing my card twice, but whatever]

Restarting machine.
Uninstalling and reinstalling & patching

I'm running out of ideas, and all the solutions are for Ragnarok Online itself which you'd think would be applicable but don't seem to be.  I could always run it windowed, but it's REALLY hard to see (the ui is iiiiiiiiiiity bitty) and I'd like to try to get it to run in full screen wit max resolution.

#2 Krystalaria

Krystalaria

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:27 PM

NVM.

#7 on https://forums.warpp...howtopic=176379

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users