RO Returner; Have Questions - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

RO Returner; Have Questions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AshramLegion

AshramLegion

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 01:26 AM

Hi there. I'm coming back to RO after I ditched it back in 2007. Me coming back now, it's like being a newbie all over again.

I'm pretty much starting the game from scratch, and it'll be like relearning the roots of my online gaming, back when I first touched Ragnarok that fateful day after learning about it via an RPG Maker community site (the site was known as Gaming Ground Zero, but the evidence of my lure is forever gone). RO was my first MMO, and I'm paying it homage by coming back here.

So what all has changed since I left the game in 2007? Let's see, it would've been around.... oh, March, I believe.

Are Mages still the dominant newbie class? Or is there a new upstart in the ranks?

What's the deal with these third classes? Is it a way for the Trans Classes to get stronger?

Have they done anything with WoE? Any nerfs or anything like that? Not that I care, since I was never a WoEr, but I thought to check.

Anyways, hit me up if you all feel like it. I'll let you know my IGN shortly. Don't want anyone stealin' it now, do we?

Edited by AshramLegion, 24 December 2010 - 01:35 AM.

#2 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:33 AM

First off,

Welcome back. It is wonderful to see people returning to the game.

So what all has changed since I left the game in 2007? Let's see, it would've been around.... oh, March, I believe.

Many many things have changed,

The new world update has been implemented which brought more maps and dungeons to the game and new monsters and gear. The newest change tho is the renewal update. This changed way to many things to list here, the most obvious tho is the creation of third class characters.

Are Mages still the dominant newbie class? Or is there a new upstart in the ranks?

Basically with renewal low levels are pretty easy to get now, so I would suggest playing the class you enjoy the most or are most comfortable with. They all have their roll in renewal play.

What's the deal with these third classes? Is it a way for the Trans Classes to get stronger?

3rd classes are a path that can be taken 2 ways, you can reach 99/50 as a non-trans and decide to go straight to 3rd class or you can transcend and reach 99/50-70 and then become a 3rd class.

With third class you open new skills and gain mor hp/sp. Your base levels can now go to 150 and your new job goes to 50. The normal route would be to go 99/50 ---> Trans 99/70--> 3rd Class.

But I am sure there are some who have chosen not to, it is all in what you want out of the game.

Have they done anything with WoE? Any nerfs or anything like that? Not that I care, since I was never a WoEr, but I thought to check.

WoE is still a bit of a mess, there are many level disparities because renewal just happened, but in all it is still very very fun. There are not to many precast any more. There are no more solo ninja forts, the emp is different so you need a team to take a castle. I personally like the changes and see it getting even better as people reach higher levels.

Well I hope that helps, and again Welcome back.

If your on Ymir and need help stop by and see me. Also all servers go Free to Play in 2011, so Ymir will be growing and so will Ygg...

#3 AshramLegion

AshramLegion

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 09:41 AM

WHAT?! RO is free to play now?!

..... *goes in a corner and cries*

Color me pretty then. I'll be damned.

So I guess Gravity DID learn a thing or two about their customers. But given what I've read through, the bots are an even bigger problem than they were before.

Anyways, I'm trying to get onto Ymir, but I guess it isn't Free To Play. And the payment thingy seems to be blocking me from using it. Otherwise, I'd join you, Big D.

So does this finally mean I can play the Knuckle Combo Monk I've always wanted without people going "Ewww, Monk ain't a newbie class, go play Wizzie!" and other such banter?

#4 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 December 2010 - 10:33 AM

Yea you can play what ever you like.

Plus as a 3rd class the Monk becomes a Sura and the Sura is very deadly...

Edited by D111, 24 December 2010 - 10:33 AM.

#5 AshramLegion

AshramLegion

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:17 AM

Yea you can play what ever you like.

Plus as a 3rd class the Monk becomes a Sura and the Sura is very deadly...

The Sura, eh? A nod to the most famed skill of the Monks, the Asura Strike, eh?

Thing is, I despise Asura Monks, and would rather solo as a Knuckle Combo Monk.

Anyways, I'll be playing on Valkyrie for the time being. If you want, my IGN will be ~Sho Ashram Gaia~.

#6 MakoStar

MakoStar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:12 PM

So I guess Gravity DID learn a thing or two about their customers. But given what I've read through, the bots are an even bigger problem than they were before.

I wouldn't say they learned more about their customers...
But more so that they were forced to shift their payment module because of the current marketplace of other MMORPGs and Private Servers.

Too many F2P MMORPGs that are much more current than RO that players can go to...
And a quick Google search would bring up a bazillion Private RO Servers with increased experience rates/drop rates.
They really had no choice... Especially when considering how little RO2 has been received since its release.

Just my two cents.

#7 SerEndymion

SerEndymion

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:26 AM

Well I used to play on a private RO server years ago, and my major problem, actually my only problem with it was...there was a server wipe and I lost 4 months worth of work. I was quite unhappy. That instability is enough to keep me on the original.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users