6 replies to this topic

#1 joytilak

joytilak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 April 2020 - 06:53 PM

Hi guys, 

I'm thing of getting back to the game after 5+ years.

I have a level 111 RK and I'm wondering how much it would cost to get equip set for my RK with DB, WDB and HS. There are new equips now I see in this game like Fafnir scale, dex boots etc. Don't know what others are. I am looking for playing PvE PvM and Woes mostly. 

I am aiming for STR 100, Int 100+, Dex 120+, Vit 100 stats and Agi 20-30 and I'm planning to use a gungnir[2] instead of Tao goo lyeon, so that I can easily use HS. 

Will the loss of 20% cast time reduction from tao goo lyeon be that big as there are other equips that offer cast and delay reductions?

Can someone please recommend me the equipment set I'll require and how much zeny/USD it will cost in total? 

Thanks,

JP

#2 joytilak

joytilak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 April 2020 - 04:49 PM

Anybody?

#3 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 April 2020 - 09:00 AM

Hey Man, if you want to go all out on a Dzb hybrid, i would suggest looking into Blackcrooscy guide. Essentially you will want, fafnir, red baby dragon hat, diab wings/ eyes of illusion/new wave glasses, tae goo, temporal boots with speed light, temp rings and pdm.

#4 mikeberserkr

mikeberserkr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 May 2020 - 05:28 PM

for going back into the game.... and if you are on a budget.... go buy an Ur's Set first before you venture out...

eventually you want to stack up on defense so figure out a way to buy a devilring card so you can tank more...

then later on go for the ungodly ridiculous fafnir -_- (this item is so ridiculous its stupid)...

otherwise look for items that will decrease cast time for dragon breath....

#5 CharBestGrill

CharBestGrill

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:15 PM

one of my RK is DB/HS but i can tell you at 175 you will be using DB most of the time. I use HS only when my enemy has 100% resist to fire and water and even so i do paltry damage sine my gears are set for DB.

The equipments are

Catherine Von Blood[1] arguably the best head gear when starting out. It gives you SP when you kill a monster helping you spam your DB immensely.

+9 Vanargand[1] + Fenrir Chain[1] - use this when you can't 1 or 2 shot enemies with DB. specially useful for bio 4)

+8 Red baby dragon hat - for optimal dmg but sacrificing HP/SP leech. I use it for PVP/WoE but not much for PVM. Switch between this and Vanargand for MvP or between this and Catherine Von Blood[1] 

+7 fafnir scale[0]

temporal ring[1] + temporal dex boots with speed of light enchant and ea enchants 

+9 Fallen angel wing[menblatt card] with ea enchants

New wave sunglasses - 10% cast delay reduction

+10 scutum - adds hp therefor boosts dmg

+9 Imuke Upper Shield - to survive in WoE

Perverse Demon Mask

weapons:

*cards: Archer skeleton cards when starting out. Powerful Archer Skeleton Cards when you want to maximize damage(cost a lot since powerful archer skeletons only appear inside a daily instance)

Hunterfly card for HP leech

Mace/Pike/Knife[Hunterfly *4] - for hp leech.will save you a ton of hp pots and your go to weapon when dying

+X Valkyrie Hammer[4*AS or PAS card] - for dmg 

Thanatos Weapon[AS] - added sp leech chance. not really that important but it helps.

+9 tae goo lyeon[2] with ea enchants - cost varies greatly depending on how high the ea enchant is. at +9 reduces cast delay by 20%, sp cost by 20% and enables you to use 2hand quicken. since it gives you both cast delay redux and sp cost reduction it is easier to spam db.

some things to consider:

I think you can spam at most 3 dragon breaths per second. once you reach that point consistently just boost the damage instead.

look up some dragon breath cast delay reduction in this forums as someone already posted it.

I can't suggest the cost since I play in iRO Thor but I can say that it is cheaper nowadays compared to gearing up an earth drive RG. In thor 1 fafnir scale = 1 shield ring. you only need 1 fafnir scale for db rk while 2 shield rings for ED RG.

stats

depends on you. there are a lot of topics about this already. Personally I use 120 dex 108 int 108 vit 72agi 69 str. There are variations. it really depends on what your existing gear is.

some randomly fun things but not optimal stuff:

the whole pertz set and storm stone would give you 70% cast delay redux 10 seconds after casting aura blade. I tried it out and it will help you spam DB. Even tried switching from pertz set to DB set to gain most out of it. it works but is hard to use. in Woe scenario this is difficult to setup since people are flying around and you only get to react split second.

Edited by CharBestGrill, 01 May 2020 - 06:18 PM.

#6 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 05 May 2020 - 03:50 AM

Hundred Spear is a PvP skill.

Hybrid RK is the king of PvM. The fastest & most efficient build in all instances.
It uses Dragoon Breath for mob clearing & Crush Strike for MVPs.

#7 NekoCaptainNoob

NekoCaptainNoob

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 03:51 AM

Since 2nd class skill rebalance patch 

I suggest to have Brandish Spear as secondary AOE skill   (+ Clashing Spiral or Hundred Spear for single target)    at least you can use it for clearing Shadow4 , Holy 3-4 mobs   

becasue Brandish Spear have better skill damage than before and become Ranged  so you can used some DB RK gears in this build  too   (EA FAW or even Fafnir << 20% Ranged Dmg if maxed DB)

also high Str scales a lot in Brandish dmg formula too      

Suggest skill to have 

2nd  Brandish Spear   , Clashing Spiral   

3rd class skill   DB / WDB  main  + Hundred Spear if you have free skill points left after maxed DB / WDB , Rune mastery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users