Earth Drive RG question, need guide, thanks! - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Earth Drive RG question, need guide, thanks!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 06:50 AM

I saw some nice video ED RG can solo Bio 5 pretty nice,

but they are using 3xTrue Randel Lawrence Card,

may I ask how much is this card?

How much damage different with or without this card?

Any other build can bypass True Randel Lawrence Card, Phreeoni Card

but can still do the job in Bio5 or MVPing?

could anyone make a guide to help, I am basically a newbie,

but I'm willing to invest some money to play RO

(from RT, but too much BOTS, trying to find another way to play..)

thank you !!

#2 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 12:25 PM

are you willing to invest in RG when you could farm a lot cheaper and easier with GX & Meteor Assault?

unless you'd be doing ET alone, it's pointless to make any other class. GX puts everyone to shame.

however, if you insist otherwise, I suggest you watch this:

#3 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 11043 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 10 May 2020 - 01:58 PM

Gx can also solo ET. They've been alone to do since long time ago. Many old videos on YouTube.

Also listen to this guy above. He's the last main RG. Respect haha

As an ex-RG main, I suggest you to check out GX class first. So your investment will have the highest return.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 10 May 2020 - 01:59 PM.

#4 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 02:48 PM

GX can solo ET. But harder & annoying in comparison. You're better off with other classes if you prioritize efficiency.

if you like the challenge then by all means.

#5 dcdsdss

dcdsdss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 03:19 PM

are you willing to invest in RG when you could farm a lot cheaper and easier with GX & Meteor Assault?

unless you'd be doing ET alone, it's pointless to make any other class. GX puts everyone to shame.

however, if you insist otherwise, I suggest you watch this:

thank you for your suggestion
Actually, I’m still considering, I were trying to make GX, but I can’t find recent video showing their power of faceing strong monster like Bio5, so I thought RG is the meta right now...

and how about Ranger? ppl were saying FAW is pretty OP right? how is the rank in tier

Allow me to ask more, let’s say I have investment on GX or RG or whatever, then basically what should I farm to make more money? Bio5 is the end games place?

#6 dcdsdss

dcdsdss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 03:28 PM

Gx can also solo ET. They've been alone to do since long time ago. Many old videos on YouTube.

Also listen to this guy above. He's the last main RG. Respect haha

As an ex-RG main, I suggest you to check out GX class first. So your investment will have the highest return.

Why would ppl leaving RG to GX, could you teach me more? From a newbie’s perspective I saw GX is very easy to die if cannot kill MVP in one second, and RG is like can tank and killing many Bio5 in same time...

I do know MA and enforcer shoes is OP right now, but I don’t understand why ... just because the power of one skill? can’t see deep like you guys

#7 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 11043 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 04:10 PM

Why would ppl leaving RG to GX, could you teach me more? From a newbie’s perspective I saw GX is very easy to die if cannot kill MVP in one second, and RG is like can tank and killing many Bio5 in same time...

I do know MA and enforcer shoes is OP right now, but I don’t understand why ... just because the power of one skill? can’t see deep like you guys

Ha, that I cant answer to you why would people leave RG to GX. Some might leave. Some might not. Personally, I only know that I dont really play RG but I'm not making GX either. Just AFK in game.

For Bio5 perspective, so far I've noticed from vids people make. RG can pretty much mob up to 4 Bio5 and already struggle. More than that and they die or waste too much Yggs to keep HP up. 

https://www.youtube....wNJPWXAU&t=248s

For GX, I dont know because I never play this class but seeing a pro GX farms in Bio5, it takes more skills than just braindead ED build. To counter the low HP of GX, you dont have to mobs as much as RG.  You can just lure 2-3 of them at a time. You can also backslide if you'e about to die or you think you have to retreat. You can just fight 1-2 mobs at a time and you dont even risk of dying.

https://www.youtube....4VLxmZv8&t=377s

To be fair, they're both good in Bio5. GX is just harder to play though.

#8 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 11043 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 05:02 PM

thank you for your suggestion
Actually, I’m still considering, I were trying to make GX, but I can’t find recent video showing their power of faceing strong monster like Bio5, so I thought RG is the meta right now...

and how about Ranger? ppl were saying FAW is pretty OP right? how is the rank in tier

Allow me to ask more, let’s say I have investment on GX or RG or whatever, then basically what should I farm to make more money? Bio5 is the end games place?

If you dont like GX, then make RK or Ranger. They're next to 2nd most OP/common classes.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 10 May 2020 - 05:02 PM.

#9 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 May 2020 - 05:52 PM

RG is still pretty good. You won’t have problems with most content although it’s not broken OP like MA GX. I brought my RG to AOGH run and she pretty much cleared it effortlessly on a CS/VP build.

RG’s main selling point i think is it’s ability to tank through everything on a prestige build while still doing good dps (if you don’t compare it to MA lol). It does suffer hard from agi-up monsters but that’s mostly ET and some of the bio5 mobs.

You can still consider playing RG if the gears are cheap enough. Especially if everyone flocks to GX.

However, if you were intending to farm bio5 as end game rather than instances, then probably don’t use RG. The videos of RG farming bio5 generally use GTB; without it they are not efficient even if they can kill the mobs 1 by 1. GX is also way too effective in comparison atm.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 10 May 2020 - 05:53 PM.

#10 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 11043 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 06:49 PM

^ This

The problem is Chaos is now 99% PvM which means the "tank" ability is kind of irrelevant. Why tank if you can just one shot bosses? That's why I dont really want to make more RG videos to give wrong ideas to new players. In PvM perspectives, it's falling behind to other meta classes. 

#11 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 10 May 2020 - 07:01 PM

Just make one of each OP class and pick the one that fits your play style. I have a max Genetic and still like it best. Just know how to play it the best. Just made my GX 175/60 pretty fast one shotting everything with MA. Im now working on getting my RG to 175/60 with easy Earth Drive lol. 

#12 dcdsdss

dcdsdss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 09:23 PM

RG is still pretty good. You won’t have problems with most content although it’s not broken OP like MA GX. I brought my RG to AOGH run and she pretty much cleared it effortlessly on a CS/VP build.

RG’s main selling point i think is it’s ability to tank through everything on a prestige build while still doing good dps (if you don’t compare it to MA lol). It does suffer hard from agi-up monsters but that’s mostly ET and some of the bio5 mobs.

You can still consider playing RG if the gears are cheap enough. Especially if everyone flocks to GX.

However, if you were intending to farm bio5 as end game rather than instances, then probably don’t use RG. The videos of RG farming bio5 generally use GTB; without it they are not efficient even if they can kill the mobs 1 by 1. GX is also way too effective in comparison atm.

may I ask what is GTB?
also what is the real end-game farming place? I just thought Bio5 looks pretty hard.. maybe it is not?

#13 dcdsdss

dcdsdss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 09:26 PM

^ This

The problem is Chaos is now 99% PvM which means the "tank" ability is kind of irrelevant. Why tank if you can just one shot bosses? That's why I dont really want to make more RG videos to give wrong ideas to new players. In PvM perspectives, it's falling behind to other meta classes.

Thank you bro, I’m kinda get the feeling now, try to start to look at other classes

#14 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 10 May 2020 - 09:28 PM

GTB stands for golden thief bug. A mvp card that makes you ignore all magic damage and debuffs. One of the most expensive items in this game.

On the topic of endgame farming, since there is a lot of content available in the game, you aren't really limited to only bio5. Some people chasing MVP cards will prefer to play ET, instances instead. Some even just camp field MVPs outright. Bio5 is special because it probably the only dungeon that's valuable to farm which isn't an instance. 

Also, bio5 used to be pretty hard, but not anymore if the ones playing them are super well-geared and on the right class.

#15 dcdsdss

dcdsdss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 09:28 PM

Just make one of each OP class and pick the one that fits your play style. I have a max Genetic and still like it best. Just know how to play it the best. Just made my GX 175/60 pretty fast one shotting everything with MA. Im now working on getting my RG to 175/60 with easy Earth Drive lol.

but you have endless resources...

#16 dcdsdss

dcdsdss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 09:39 PM

GTB stands for golden thief bug. A mvp card that makes you ignore all magic damage and debuffs. One of the most expensive items in this game.

On the topic of endgame farming, since there is a lot of content available in the game, you aren't really limited to only bio5. Some people chasing MVP cards will prefer to play ET, instances instead. Some even just camp field MVPs outright. Bio5 is special because it probably the only dungeon that's valuable to farm which isn't an instance.

Also, bio5 used to be pretty hard, but not anymore if the ones playing them are super well-geared and on the right class.

Thank you bro, I just noticed that you’ve posted a very detailed guide about RK, I’m studying it.

May I ask how is RK right now and what about the future? since your posted started in 2015. Would you happen to expert in GX and Ranger too, how is this 3 classes.

Actually I’m a come-back player, I have some of Ranger and GX gear, kinda have a diffcult time to choose a classes, as I have to gather my resources...

Thank you for my many questions

#17 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 10 May 2020 - 09:54 PM

if you've been following some of the discussions on the main forum you'd notice we're discussing GX a lot. It's currently the most broken class thanks to the skill Meteor Assault doing an absurd amount of damage in combination with the Enforcer shoes. If you have that pair of shoes, you can basically be naked and still one-shot all the way to 175 i think.

Based on budget, i would definitely suggest the GX if you can buy a pair of enforcer shoes. It's basically the only investment you need to do a lot of damage. RK and ranger are fine but they still require a substantial amount of budget to make the character good.

In RK's case, crit is currently outdated again (mostly used for just hybrid kills) while DB is still superb; but the very nature of DB requires you to have like 80-90% of all the gears gathered for it to really shine. You'd take at least 6-8B to get this class running at its best.

I don't have comments about ranger, generally i avoid archer and mage classes hahah.

#18 dcdsdss

dcdsdss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 May 2020 - 10:19 PM

if you've been following some of the discussions on the main forum you'd notice we're discussing GX a lot. It's currently the most broken class thanks to the skill Meteor Assault doing an absurd amount of damage in combination with the Enforcer shoes. If you have that pair of shoes, you can basically be naked and still one-shot all the way to 175 i think.

Based on budget, i would definitely suggest the GX if you can buy a pair of enforcer shoes. It's basically the only investment you need to do a lot of damage. RK and ranger are fine but they still require a substantial amount of budget to make the character good.

In RK's case, crit is currently outdated again (mostly used for just hybrid kills) while DB is still superb; but the very nature of DB requires you to have like 80-90% of all the gears gathered for it to really shine. You'd take at least 6-8B to get this class running at its best.

I don't have comments about ranger, generally i avoid archer and mage classes hahah.

Thanks a lot, looks like I can’t avoid that shoes if aim for making a wise choices

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users