• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Redsignzz

Redsignzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 05:33 AM

After watching several video of RGs doing instances,mvping and leveling i notice that RGs have a lot of equipments for certain build..

Weapon

Imperial spear
Gelerdria
Gungnir
Crimson spear
Glorious spear

Footgear

Imperial boots
Fluffy shoes
Diablo boots

Accesorry

Imperial ring/glove
Shield ring
Storm stone

By looking at all these equipment i get confuse..which any of these should i buy..
The 60 job isnt enough to get all skill..but i want to play ED along with OB/CS/VP. It just not possible right?

Edited by Redsignzz, 24 May 2020 - 05:35 AM.

#2 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10996 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 May 2020 - 05:40 AM

RG is not an easy class to play. Its an advanced class and requires some experiences and funds to gear up.

1. There are mainly two builds out there. First build is VP/CS and OB. Second build is OB/ED. They both require different sets of items but they can share the same stats and skill tree.

1. It is possible to have ED and everything there you need, though, you will sacrifice defensive skills, and most importantly, you can't have Inspiration. However Inspiration has a bit drawback which is it takes your base exp to cast and rvryr damage to do, there is a 1% reflect recoil back to you. For example, if you hut 1m, you take 10k damage back to you. Most RGs nowadays opt to not have Inspiration.

#3 Redsignzz

Redsignzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 05:57 AM

RG is not an easy class to play. Its an advanced class and requires some experiences and funds to gear up.

1. There are mainly two builds out there. First build is VP/CS and OB. Second build is OB/ED. They both require different sets of items but they can share the same stats and skill tree.

1. It is possible to have ED and everything there you need, though, you will sacrifice defensive skills, and most importantly, you can't have Inspiration. However Inspiration has a bit drawback which is it takes your base exp to cast and rvryr damage to do, there is a 1% reflect recoil back to you. For example, if you hut 1m, you take 10k damage back to you. Most RGs nowadays opt to not have Inspiration.

Dear Chakri, can you advise me vp/cs eq? When you say ob/ed if i use gelerdria with triple t randel i dont think it is a good wep for ob?

The inspiration 1% means i better use it when i am max lvl 175? I like inspiration because i can play genesis ray also inspiration lvl 5 reduce after cast delay of ED. The RGs combo equipments itself required certain lvl of skills..60 is never enough

#4 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 May 2020 - 06:45 AM

I'm not a RG pro, but if you're not chasing max damage to make videos, it honestly feels so much better to get prestige over inspiration for VP/CS build(they cannot be used at the same time anyway). Prestige makes you very tanky and it can have a 100% uptime.

Max inspiration is more for ED/OB build. ED/OB should be a little stronger than VP/CS atm, but i would still prefer VP/CS because it can clear AOGH easily while ED/OB cannot (due to reflect mechanic). AOGH is the most desirable instance to run atm for the time spent.

#5 Redsignzz

Redsignzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 05:09 PM

I'm not a RG pro, but if you're not chasing max damage to make videos, it honestly feels so much better to get prestige over inspiration for VP/CS build(they cannot be used at the same time anyway). Prestige makes you very tanky and it can have a 100% uptime.

Max inspiration is more for ED/OB build. ED/OB should be a little stronger than VP/CS atm, but i would still prefer VP/CS because it can clear AOGH easily while ED/OB cannot (due to reflect mechanic). AOGH is the most desirable instance to run atm for the time spent.

I am more interested to play ED/OB which means i have to forget about prestige. My question, which weapon best for OB? gelerdria+storm stone/gungir[2]/+15 Holy Crimson Spear?

#6 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 24 May 2020 - 05:58 PM

gelerdria + storm stone is your main weapon. Gungnir and holy crimson spear are side weapons you add on when you got enough $ later if you main RG. They provide separate add-on functions:

1. gungnir: deal with agi-up on some MVPs. Both ED/OB doesn't ignore flee so you need this if you don have phreeoni against MVPs that use agi-up.

2. holy crimson spear: just a holy element weapon for shadow monsters like in NOGH. While ED is fixed earth, OB is not. Sometimes you want to use the holy element without resorting to expensive aspersio scrolls or waste time getting procs from miracle rose. This is 100% skippable to most RG who just want to spam ED all the way. It is mostly just a luxury add-on that you can skip; or just use a cheap +7-9 holy crimson if you insist on having one, the element is what matters most, not the dmg part.

#7 Redsignzz

Redsignzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:04 PM

gelerdria + storm stone is your main weapon. Gungnir and holy crimson spear are side weapons you add on when you got enough $ later if you main RG. They provide separate add-on functions:

1. gungnir: deal with agi-up on some MVPs. Both ED/OB doesn't ignore flee so you need this if you don have phreeoni against MVPs that use agi-up.

2. holy crimson spear: just a holy element weapon for shadow monsters like in NOGH. While ED is fixed earth, OB is not. Sometimes you want to use the holy element without resorting to expensive aspersio scrolls or waste time getting procs from miracle rose. This is 100% skippable to most RG who just want to spam ED all the way. It is mostly just a luxury add-on that you can skip; or just use a cheap +7-9 holy crimson if you insist on having one, the element is what matters most, not the dmg part.

The gelerdria + storm stone combo means i will lose 30% acd from shield ring. Does this lead to slower spam of OB?

#8 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:22 PM

opps i have brain fart i think. No, if you're ED-ing, you use 2 shield ring. You use gelerdria as the weapon only because its a 3slotted lv4 spear. There is no better alternative. Gelerdria+storm stone for CS/VP. For OB, you decide yourself if u want hit harder or spam more. 

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 24 May 2020 - 09:23 PM.

#9 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 May 2020 - 09:56 PM

Thank you Blacky boi. You're definutely a RG pro too. I couldn't bother to explain in details. Kind of losing an interest even to explain about RG builds :/

Where was AwesomeGeek when we needed him lol

#10 khvan84

khvan84

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 06:03 AM

ED/OB is good but, not having range lind of sucks.
Can we make ED/VP as a main dmging skills? I made mone looks enough for inspiration ED, VP and OB. Main downside i see is doubling the cost of equip(vp gears vs ed gears). Is this build any viable? Also would be nice if someone made a builds guide considering new equip for both ed build and vp/ob/cs. From personal use having Gelerdria with storm stone is a bit pain in the ass since you forced to hit with earth property. I have to carry all sets of enchants all the time when with imperial spear you get solid %100 dmg(unless ghosts which is rare)

#11 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 06:42 AM

ED/OB is good but, not having range lind of sucks.
Can we make ED/VP as a main dmging skills? I made mone looks enough for inspiration ED, VP and OB. Main downside i see is doubling the cost of equip(vp gears vs ed gears). Is this build any viable? Also would be nice if someone made a builds guide considering new equip for both ed build and vp/ob/cs. From personal use having Gelerdria with storm stone is a bit pain in the ass since you forced to hit with earth property. I have to carry all sets of enchants all the time when with imperial spear you get solid %100 dmg(unless ghosts which is rare)

You don't have to carry all the elemental converters & cursed water, take advantage of your invisible bag without weight limitation (RODEX).

I kinda forgot about the aspersio scroll, whether it's attachable on rodex or not :D

alternatively you can also use kafra card item mall feature to open kafra storage anywhere ;)

#12 khvan84

khvan84

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 07:11 AM

I get all that, but sometimes you get mobs and summons of mixed race element, and you just want to hit neutral element.unless you have 1 mob or or many mobs of the same element. You rather hit hard or dont dmg at all. If it mobs with low hp it is not a problem but when they are200-300k hp thats a freaking headache lol

#13 WhyUs

WhyUs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 02:41 PM

If i ditch the OB,is the remaining skill enough to use vp/cs/ed?

#14 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 920 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 26 May 2020 - 05:26 PM

You can max VP CS OB ED without sacrificing one, but if you max it out you only get lv1 PPA(pinpoint attack) and lv0 EB ((considering you want to max inspiration for full effect shield ring))
if you ditch OB, you can get max VP-CS and ED-Inspi, max PPA and lv1 EB, or you can put point in Kings Grace.

#15 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 10:59 AM

I get all that, but sometimes you get mobs and summons of mixed race element, and you just want to hit neutral element.unless you have 1 mob or or many mobs of the same element. You rather hit hard or dont dmg at all. If it mobs with low hp it is not a problem but when they are200-300k hp thats a freaking headache lol

Even neutral got its counter, you never hit ghost element monsters with your neutral element :ani_swt3:

and prepping things are part of any RPG based game, you need to know what you're dealing with and ready to counter it or at least be prepared for any worst case scenario :ani_slur:

btw RG is quite versatile, you got skills that are forced earth element and holy element and the rest of skills element can be altered through aforementioned consumables in my previous post. ;)

Even if you can't handle 200 - 300k HP mobs alone, you got choice to band with your party or guildsmate. Its as simple as that in any RPG based games :gg:

#16 khvan84

khvan84

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 04:07 PM

Well i can handle 200-300k hp no problem with ED due samability even if it hits %50. But we know you rather use storm stone or ED with shield rings, right?) the point is neutral attacks still wins in diversability if you look at the element vs element chart and compare them both(earth vs neutral). Other than that yeah prepare and be ready, be ready to dmg low in particular cases because you cant switch stone with ring without losing your enchant, need to improvise, when with RK it pretty much hit and run scenario (if you are db). Currently using Gelerdria with T randels and gelerdria with AK storm stone set, if I can i want to see how imperial set +14 work comparing to stone set gelerdria, just too many things to buy to complete the set.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users