Ginko1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Iro Renewel

Posted 24 June 2023 - 02:30 AM

Hi,

As it says i need help with this class, I'm at 118 but the cast and after cast is starting to kill me, is there some good ways to reduce it, i have 2 sixth sense rings. not much other good gear atm.

Any advice would be great thank you.

#2 Nagaame

Nagaame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 June 2023 - 08:07 AM

If you just mean the Psychic Wave cooldown, there's not a super affordable way to do it. You need a Sorcerer Stone (Garment) and a Scholar Stone (Lower) combo, on top of a Shadow Staff/Awakened Shadow Staff. If you just mean the after cast delay, that should only be 1s, and 2 Sixth Senses should give you 60% ACD bringing it down to an easily manageable .4s.

Early on I'd suggest using Diamond Dust as your spammable spell since it's easy to get low cooldown for that with Spirit King's Ring, Sorcerer Shadow Weapon, and King of Spirit Circlet. Generally your leveling will be either Psychic Wave + Diamond Dust, or just a few Diamond Dusts.

Overall suggestions:

King of Spirit Circlet is a great option all around, lowering cast times, cooldowns, and after cast delays, on top of bonus damage and mdef pierce. It's an option that will continue to be viable through to the endgame as a Sorcerer.

Mob Scarf + Sunglasses are pretty cheap nowadays and great for raw magic attack. Fortunetelling Sealed + Heavenly Order is also a funny option, with the Heavenly Order eventually being replaced with Floating Ball.

Noblesse/Imperial/Grace Armor/Garment/Shoes will cover you pretty well early on for damage and cast time. I also like Illusion Armor Type B, Ferlock's Cloak, and Spell Enchanted Temporal Dex Boots as alternatives.

I suggest getting one Spirit King's Ring to help with DD/EG, on top of Sorcerer Shadow Weapon/Shield, to eliminate the CD for those two skills (EG kinda falls off but DD stays good).

Faceworm Larva Card is a great way to boost water damage (DD/Water PW) and is incredibly cheap because Faceworm Nest is such a commonly run instance.

Weapon-wise, high upgrade Thorn Staff of Darkness with Spell enchants is an affordable way to lower cast time and ACD, until you can get a better weapon like an Awakened Shadow Staff/Chilling Cane or like a Welding Wand. I also like Thanatos Staff as a tool for early leveling sustain.

Endgame Psychic Wave for now is pretty much: King of Spirit Circlet, Floating Ball, Fortunetelling Sealed, Automatic Armor Type B or Nature/Samael/Icefall/Abyss Dress, Awakened Shadow Staff, Excelion/Feather Shield, Fairy of Eden, Moaning of Evil Spirits or Great Hero's Boots, 2x Sixth Sense Ring, Sorcerer Stone (Garment), Scholar Stone (Lower), and Sorcerer/Dust/Psychic Shadow Sets.

Psychic Wave is hard since you need all the pieces of exodia right now and the costumes are really expensive to get. Diamond Dust is more affordable and still an easy pivot over due to high amounts of overlap.

#3 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 June 2023 - 09:37 AM

early game sorc is hard due to long cast times. One temporary idea is to get lots of gear with VCT reduction. For example:

- King of Spirit Circlet with Spirit Sympathy 5 = 30%

- Mob Scarf set at 80 int, 80 dex = 6%

- +7 Noblesse Psychic Robe / +0 Antonio's Coat = 10%

- +9 Shadow Staff = 10%

- +9 Fallen Angel Wings (Spell) or +9 Felrock's Cloak = 30%

- Temporal Dex Boots (Spell) at 120 dex = 10% and fct -0.5

That's a total of vct -96% and fct -0.5, which should make casting more bearable. 

#4 Ginko1

Ginko1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Iro Renewel

Posted 24 June 2023 - 09:24 PM

If you just mean the Psychic Wave cooldown, there's not a super affordable way to do it. You need a Sorcerer Stone (Garment) and a Scholar Stone (Lower) combo, on top of a Shadow Staff/Awakened Shadow Staff. If you just mean the after cast delay, that should only be 1s, and 2 Sixth Senses should give you 60% ACD bringing it down to an easily manageable .4s.

Early on I'd suggest using Diamond Dust as your spammable spell since it's easy to get low cooldown for that with Spirit King's Ring, Sorcerer Shadow Weapon, and King of Spirit Circlet. Generally your leveling will be either Psychic Wave + Diamond Dust, or just a few Diamond Dusts.

Overall suggestions:

King of Spirit Circlet is a great option all around, lowering cast times, cooldowns, and after cast delays, on top of bonus damage and mdef pierce. It's an option that will continue to be viable through to the endgame as a Sorcerer.

Mob Scarf + Sunglasses are pretty cheap nowadays and great for raw magic attack. Fortunetelling Sealed + Heavenly Order is also a funny option, with the Heavenly Order eventually being replaced with Floating Ball.

Noblesse/Imperial/Grace Armor/Garment/Shoes will cover you pretty well early on for damage and cast time. I also like Illusion Armor Type B, Ferlock's Cloak, and Spell Enchanted Temporal Dex Boots as alternatives.

I suggest getting one Spirit King's Ring to help with DD/EG, on top of Sorcerer Shadow Weapon/Shield, to eliminate the CD for those two skills (EG kinda falls off but DD stays good).

Faceworm Larva Card is a great way to boost water damage (DD/Water PW) and is incredibly cheap because Faceworm Nest is such a commonly run instance.

Weapon-wise, high upgrade Thorn Staff of Darkness with Spell enchants is an affordable way to lower cast time and ACD, until you can get a better weapon like an Awakened Shadow Staff/Chilling Cane or like a Welding Wand. I also like Thanatos Staff as a tool for early leveling sustain.

Endgame Psychic Wave for now is pretty much: King of Spirit Circlet, Floating Ball, Fortunetelling Sealed, Automatic Armor Type B or Nature/Samael/Icefall/Abyss Dress, Awakened Shadow Staff, Excelion/Feather Shield, Fairy of Eden, Moaning of Evil Spirits or Great Hero's Boots, 2x Sixth Sense Ring, Sorcerer Stone (Garment), Scholar Stone (Lower), and Sorcerer/Dust/Psychic Shadow Sets.

Psychic Wave is hard since you need all the pieces of exodia right now and the costumes are really expensive to get. Diamond Dust is more affordable and still an easy pivot over due to high amounts of overlap.

The Feather Shield was a big help, im able to handle mid TI fine, Top head gear was hard but found a spell circuit for now. but been able 5 levels since

early game sorc is hard due to long cast times. One temporary idea is to get lots of gear with VCT reduction. For example:

- King of Spirit Circlet with Spirit Sympathy 5 = 30%

- Mob Scarf set at 80 int, 80 dex = 6%

- +7 Noblesse Psychic Robe / +0 Antonio's Coat = 10%

- +9 Shadow Staff = 10%

- +9 Fallen Angel Wings (Spell) or +9 Felrock's Cloak = 30%

- Temporal Dex Boots (Spell) at 120 dex = 10% and fct -0.5

That's a total of vct -96% and fct -0.5, which should make casting more bearable. 

Its hard finding those items, I do want to get a king of spirit at some stage.

#5 tadisinanishant

tadisinanishant

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2024 - 12:33 PM

Hey guys, what is the exodia set? and how do i obtain it for the stone? Sorry new player here. Seems like the only way to reduce cd of psychic wave is through the stone.

#6 Nagaame

Nagaame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 January 2024 - 01:37 PM

sixth sense ring: 1s each

costume stone combo: 2s

shadow staff/awakened shadow staff: 1s

total is 5s, which is full cooldown reduction, but requires having all 5 pieces. missing a single one isnt really good enough.

i think were getting poenitentia scipio soon, which is a 1.5s cdr weapon, but you still need the costume stones and sixth sense rings to reach 5s.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users